Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1225 1226 [1227] 1228 1229 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9500096 times)

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #18390 on: December 15, 2010, 10:17:39 am »

Bored to death. Friends are all occupied, one's at some seminar, the other is watching television, etc. I've seen every movie they have at the theater, so that's not option either. It was 5:00pm what felt like hours ago, and now it's 5:15. Sigh, time is frozen, and it seems I'm doomed to a life of boredom. I'll probably just end up in bed at around nine. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 10:19:54 am by ILikePie »

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #18391 on: December 15, 2010, 10:40:10 am »

I'm about 1000 words over word count on this essay. I've got a few hours to snip and chop, yeah, but... it was a really good essay. I put a lot of time and effort into it. I write pretty tightly and concisely, so every point I'm making is pretty important and made as briefly as I can; I don't want to amputate the bloody thing :\

Maybe I can get away with using a size 11 font instead of the default size 12. We'll see. If I can get it down to within 500 words over without cutting any of the good stuff, that's probably acceptable.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #18392 on: December 15, 2010, 11:20:32 am »

I'm about 1000 words over word count on this essay. I've got a few hours to snip and chop, yeah, but... it was a really good essay. I put a lot of time and effort into it. I write pretty tightly and concisely, so every point I'm making is pretty important and made as briefly as I can; I don't want to amputate the bloody thing :\

Maybe I can get away with using a size 11 font instead of the default size 12. We'll see. If I can get it down to within 500 words over without cutting any of the good stuff, that's probably acceptable.
Kill your darlings! KILL THEM!
Love, scriver~

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18393 on: December 15, 2010, 11:55:35 am »

There is no bigger FML moment than when the hot water runs out just as the shampoo touches your hair.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18394 on: December 15, 2010, 12:06:56 pm »

I had somthing...strange happen to me yesterday. I fell asleep at my computer before doing any of my homework, and went into this weird state of sleep-but-not-really that I kept waking up from and falling back into in a physically painful manner. During this, I had a dream that my school let Kim-Jong-Il visit it, and he said some kind of passcode. After this, the building locked down, and all of my teachers and the police promptly mass murdered the student body, using the survivors for slave labor. I eventually escaped, barely, and then the nightmare ended. I then woke up just at the time I normally leave for school with a headache that made me feel like my skull was split in two.

Screw it, I'm not going to school through all of that, not today. No homework done, a horrific nightmare, painful sleep, and a headache as bad as the one I have is justification for staying home in my book.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 01:18:04 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #18395 on: December 15, 2010, 01:37:06 pm »

I am so tired...  Playing Darksiders, my guy was surrounded by yellow orbs for a moment, and I thought my Pokemon was confused.  Sometimes I realize I have no memory of the past few minutes, like I dozed off and kept playing unhindered while I was asleep.
Shoes...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18396 on: December 15, 2010, 01:40:33 pm »

Looks like the SCP Foundation has been hijacked by spammers.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18397 on: December 15, 2010, 01:49:18 pm »

How so?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18398 on: December 15, 2010, 01:52:41 pm »

How so?
I try to access their site and get bounced around several IP adresses to a spam page.
No Gods, No Masters.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18399 on: December 15, 2010, 01:58:30 pm »

I didn't.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #18400 on: December 15, 2010, 02:27:21 pm »

It's being spammed by dozens of pages about spheres and cubes that make you go crazy for no reason.
Shoes...

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #18401 on: December 15, 2010, 02:29:00 pm »

What's an SCP?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18402 on: December 15, 2010, 04:33:35 pm »

I'm renting a textbook from Berkeley because, for unknown reasons, the professor decided that his honors course needed to use a shitty text.

If it's one day overdue, there's a $160 fine.  The book costs $180 new, and $92 to rent.

Fuckers.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18403 on: December 15, 2010, 04:34:00 pm »

Buy it used.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18404 on: December 15, 2010, 04:36:48 pm »

Used, it costs $99 + shipping, and frankly I don't actually want to own it.

On the other hand, it might be worth it =/  Guess I need to think a little.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 1225 1226 [1227] 1228 1229 ... 8168