Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1212 1213 [1214] 1215 1216 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9498819 times)

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #18195 on: December 11, 2010, 04:02:56 pm »

I assume Notch will be enforcing that by making people pay to keep their beta accounts?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18196 on: December 11, 2010, 04:04:09 pm »

I assume Notch will be enforcing that by making people pay to keep their beta accounts?
I imagine that once Minecraft goes gold, all the Beta Accounts will just revert to Guest Accounts untill they buy the game again.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18197 on: December 11, 2010, 04:17:55 pm »

I imagine that once Minecraft goes gold, all the Beta Accounts will just revert to Guest Accounts untill they buy the game again.
Doubt it. That would be ridiculous. They will probably keep what they have now, but the full version will require them paying  the other half of the final price.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18198 on: December 11, 2010, 04:24:56 pm »

I'm sad that Notch has decided that Beta Accounts will have to buy the full Minecraft when it comes out, but Alpha Accounts will not. This doesn't affect me, having an Alpha Account, but it's going to cause the Tzar Bomba of all flame wars.
*Puts on adamantium full armor of flame resistance +5*
I've never really seen much of interest on the minecraft forums, but this should be fun to watch if I stay out of the way and have this flameproofing.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18199 on: December 11, 2010, 04:31:48 pm »

I really think you should give that to Duke, He has to moderate that lot, if I recall correctly.
*Hugs*

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18200 on: December 11, 2010, 04:32:46 pm »

*removes and give adamantium full armor of flame resistance +5 to Duke, puts on masterwork leather armor of minor flame resistence +1*
Good Luck Duke!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 04:34:41 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18201 on: December 11, 2010, 04:43:40 pm »

Actually, it says you'll never have to buy the full game twice.  The only real change is that "We will also change the license to remove the line that promises all future versions of the game for free. ".

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18202 on: December 11, 2010, 04:54:00 pm »

*also gives duke a fire fighter's helmet*
The people that just miss the deadline (Beta is December 20th) are going to be crazy.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18203 on: December 11, 2010, 04:58:43 pm »

I turned my LCS founder in to the police when raids reduced the LCS to only him. The police and CIA mostly laied off, but only because the CSS showed up every other day and took all my safehouses. Said founder was sentenced to death. That had been my best Nightmare run so far. I even got a Liberal President! All gone...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18204 on: December 11, 2010, 05:26:23 pm »

*removes and give adamantium full armor of flame resistance +5 to Duke, puts on masterwork leather armor of minor flame resistence +1*
Good Luck Duke!

*Grants Duke fireproof +7 Frost Brand*

Same.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18205 on: December 11, 2010, 05:33:37 pm »

*Comes back from busy day of studying for finals, checks the sad thread*

You know what? fuck that. Back to studying for finals.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #18206 on: December 11, 2010, 05:35:00 pm »

Finally he get's it's a lost cause.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18207 on: December 11, 2010, 05:38:32 pm »

I've already wasted enough time Aqizzar-style on OTTD through the serendipity of the universe allowing me to understand it only during this crunch, and then spending four hours looking at a map without touching it, just planning routes. I don't have the time to go into a berzerk rage and wake up five days from now in the woods of Canada covered in lymphatic fluids and syrup-covered flesh, wondering just what the hell did I murder.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18208 on: December 11, 2010, 05:49:27 pm »

You know what? fuck that. Back to studying for finals.

Spoken like a true moderator.  Hold that banner high, you really did make the best decision.

I've already wasted enough time Aqizzar-style on OTTD through the serendipity of the universe allowing me to understand it only during this crunch, and then spending four hours looking at a map without touching it, just planning routes.

The more I realize that I'm famous for this, mostly for whining about it all the time, the less difficult it seems to overcome.  I'll admit I wasted a little time today while working on my final exam, but that was forgivable, because it was a really good photo book.  Also, yeah, fuck OTTD and the pit of Hell it crawled from.  It's such an incredibly easy way to burn hours, without even actually building anything.  There's no actual goal besides building stuff to make more money to build stuff, but making perfect blueprints in your head and watching trains and planes and automobiles churn around at your whim is just so entertaining.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18209 on: December 11, 2010, 06:03:54 pm »

Quote from: Duke 2.0
I don't have the time to go into a berzerk rage and wake up five days from now in the woods of Canada covered in lymphatic fluids and syrup-covered flesh, wondering just what the hell did I murder.

If there's room, this goes in my sig.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 1212 1213 [1214] 1215 1216 ... 8168