Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1159 1160 [1161] 1162 1163 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9495871 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #17400 on: December 01, 2010, 05:52:53 pm »

While this may simply be what I'm reading leaking over, we shouldn't just randomly accuse other people of making shit up for the hell of it.

We don't gain anything if we're right (other than a smug feeling of superiority), and we screw everything up if we're wrong.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17401 on: December 01, 2010, 05:53:30 pm »

Hmmmm. What's Armok up to these days? Haven't seen him in ages.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17402 on: December 01, 2010, 05:55:01 pm »

He's still in the forum games and roleplaying section.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17403 on: December 01, 2010, 05:56:00 pm »

It did seem like that initially, but the pattern was all wrong. Besides, that stuff in the beginning is over with and I don't think of you as a troll or anything.

Lets change the subject before we start hurting her feelings though.

Frankly I believe I'm just starting to grate on everyone's nerves at the moment.

I know you do on mine, but I have a short fuse anyway so I don't know how much that reflects onto others.

Well, I only noticed that 90% of the things posted are about your girlfriend.

I was kind of suspecting that TMoM was some sort of Pathos reincarnation...

Or a much less entertaining female version of Nikov. (No offense Nikov, you're a cool guy)

Well, I am feelling like you could be a little less overt about the girlfriend thing, or at least the sexual part.

Maybe I should shut up about that now.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17404 on: December 01, 2010, 05:57:05 pm »

He's still in the forum games and roleplaying section.
I swear, I must join one of those mafias one day. It seems that all the old guard gravitates toward that corner of the forum.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17405 on: December 01, 2010, 06:00:25 pm »

Frankly I believe I'm just starting to grate on everyone's nerves at the moment.
I know you do on mine, but I have a short fuse anyway so I don't know how much that reflects onto others.

Still, random people on the internet are not the best to get advice from, but it may be a good outlet.
Well MoM, you have successfully annoyed Criptfiend! So you have to be doing SOMETHING right!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17406 on: December 01, 2010, 06:01:51 pm »

I swear, I must join one of those mafias one day. It seems that all the old guard gravitates toward that corner of the forum.
It's Forum Games and Roleplaying for people who hate roleplaying!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17407 on: December 01, 2010, 06:05:19 pm »

Do they hate forum games as well?

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17408 on: December 01, 2010, 06:06:24 pm »

I've never been in mafia. Ever. Not to even look at threads.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17409 on: December 01, 2010, 06:06:46 pm »

I need something to say to get my parents to stop calling me. Any ideas?
If you have a friend that they trust as a third-party intermediary, that could work, depending on specifics.

I had a friend who ran away from home mostly because her mom has mental issues and can turn into a raging psychopath sometimes.  It just plain wasn't safe there for mental health and maybe even physically, but in this case her mom really was a good person, it's just that brain damage does really shitty things to people and it's not their fault.  Still, she wouldn't talk to her mom and wouldn't see her, so I stepped in and would occasionally call her mom to let her know what was going on.  Mostly she just wanted to know that her daughter was doing okay, was safe, and wanted me to give updates back to her.  Eventually things cooled down.

...So my guess is, your parents want to make sure you're safe.  And hell, if I was them I wouldn't just magically trust that you were.  If I couldn't get ahold of my hypothetical runaway (or whatever) kids, I know I'd flip the everloving hell out.  However bad things are, you need ways to let them know on a regular basis that you're doing alright.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #17410 on: December 01, 2010, 06:07:37 pm »

It's Forum Games and Roleplaying for people who hate roleplaying!

One of these days I'm going to run a game with enforced roleplaying, just for kicks. Maybe a Supernatural.

@Ochita: You should! It's fun and interesting. If nothing else, some of the games make great reads.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17411 on: December 01, 2010, 06:07:46 pm »

I don't want to get to sleep, because work is awaiting me at the end of it :/
Well 15 more minutes...
NO LONGER!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17412 on: December 01, 2010, 06:09:42 pm »

Well MoM, you have successfully annoyed Criptfiend! So you have to be doing SOMETHING right!

Yes. You must annoy me enough that you are cool but not too much that others think you are dumb.

Also, on mafia: You guys should all play, Vector used to play until it made her insane or something, so you know it is cool!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17413 on: December 01, 2010, 06:10:13 pm »

One of these days I'm going to run a game with enforced roleplaying, just for kicks. Maybe a Supernatural.
"I'm having these strange premonitions that whenever Pandarius acts like this he's an evil monster!  It must be residual memories from previous incarnations."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17414 on: December 01, 2010, 06:13:26 pm »

Also, on mafia: You guys should all play, Vector used to play until it made her insane or something, so you know it is cool!

I still play, but only bastard mods.

I got really sick of fingering 2/3 of the scum team D1 and then going under high suspicion for it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 1159 1160 [1161] 1162 1163 ... 8168