Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 904 905 [906] 907 908 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439746 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #13575 on: September 29, 2010, 08:05:38 pm »

It is a nice dog, and I know it well. My daughter has ridden on it. It just freaks me out sometimes, and they don't have a fenced in backyard. I don't know what came over me, I just panicked. I don't normally do that.

Then you really need to take a chill pill. As for guilt, you're overreacting and accidents happen.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13576 on: September 29, 2010, 08:06:39 pm »

I do. It's called Fluoxetine.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13577 on: September 29, 2010, 08:10:33 pm »

Maybe you have (un)diagnosed ADHD? I take prozac (aka fluoxene) to help with that. It sounds like you got surprised by the dog and combined with your daughter acting like a typical toddler. Accidents happen, don't sweat over it.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13578 on: September 29, 2010, 08:15:55 pm »

Freaking out because of that is not an usual ADHD symptom.

... for that matter, it puzzles me that they give you prozac for ADHD. The treatment is usually either amphetamines (eg ritalin) or alternatively, non-stimulant ones like atomoxetine....
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13579 on: September 29, 2010, 08:21:40 pm »

Freaking out because of that is not an usual ADHD symptom.

... for that matter, it puzzles me that they give you prozac for ADHD. The treatment is usually either amphetamines (eg ritalin) or alternatively, non-stimulant ones like atomoxetine....
It wasn't me that freaked out.

The prozac is actually for anxiety (which can be exacerbated by ADHD). I would give more detail, but dunno about giving personal info about meds. Not that I don't trust you guys.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13580 on: September 29, 2010, 08:49:35 pm »

Glad to hear she's okay, MaximumZero. As for worrying/guilt from the aftermath, forgive yourself; it's nothing you could have reasonably predicted, nor something you intended. It sounds like she wrenched it in the fall, while not realizing her hand was being held. Unfortunate though it is, it might make a good Kinesthetic lesson for her, and how to avoid twisting or hurting her writsts.

We injure ourselves all the time, and by doing that we learn. Better to get it out of the way while she can still bounce back, and here's hoping she doesn't hurt too bad while she's healing up! Lots of comforting may be in order, so you may have your work cut out for you. :P

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13581 on: September 29, 2010, 10:09:14 pm »

I have a feeling that when she starts to feel better, she's going to do everything in her power to bring the pain to me. I welcome the challenge. I'll try to have a video camera on hand this time. ^_^ She's already a little feisty, but that may be from pain and meds loopiness.

She's really handling this like a trooper. I hope we both learn a lesson from this.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13582 on: September 29, 2010, 10:19:23 pm »

Still, don't hold it against yourself. People, especially the young ones, tend to not hold grudges more often than they do. Chances are she'll have let her anger go already, and you should do the same with your guilt.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13583 on: September 29, 2010, 10:28:00 pm »

We injure ourselves all the time, and by doing that we learn.

Mother: You can't give her a sword!
Death: It's educational
Mother: What if she cuts herself?
Death: Then that will be a very important lesson
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13584 on: September 29, 2010, 10:29:19 pm »

Dad: It's educational
Dad: She'll be fine, she's a hardy gir-
Mother: What if she goes after you?
Dad: Good point, no sword.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13585 on: September 29, 2010, 10:34:37 pm »

Dad: It's educational
Dad: She'll be fine, she's a hardy gir-
Mother: What if she goes after you?
Dad: Good point, no sword.

Actual conversation:

Wife: MZ, we're putting your swords in storage.
MZ: Whyyyyyy!?
Wife: We have a two year old who likes swinging things around.
MZ: And?
Wife: You like having legs, right?
MZ: ...good point. Put them up.

Also, you've seen the boffer pics in the photo share thread, right?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13586 on: September 29, 2010, 10:35:33 pm »

Goddamn it Penny Arcade, you made a fart joke comic. I really like you guys and your work, I'd appreciate it if you didn't try and make it difficult.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13587 on: September 29, 2010, 10:39:25 pm »

Swords?
Swords.
Swords!

Don't f@&#ing touch swords. They'll cut you wide open.

Lab was rather unpleasant today. For starters, we had a few dissections to do, and the school's supplier doesn't do a terribly good job with preserving the subjects. Aside from our rat being bannana yellow outside (which was just sort of silly looking), upon making the first few incisions... actually no, I won't get into what my partner and I found inside. Suffice it to say that it was bad. Very, very bad.

After that, I spent some time chatting with the Grad Student who runs the lab, and I found out he works in the Spider Lab. I mentioned that I knew someone who worked there (I didn't mention that this person was my ex), and he told me some stories about her, like how she somehow managed to be the only one to ever have been bitten in the lab, and by one of the gentlest tarantula species they have. There were a few other things he shared about working with her, and though I didn't consciously want to laugh at her expense, I found myself doing it anyway.

Anyway, I left the Lab a bit later, and passed two student employees working Campus Security for the night. One of them turned away and quieted down when I walked past, but her voice sounded familiar. I turned to catch a quick look after I'd passed them, and sure enough it was my ex. Apparently she got a job on campus. The door had been open, and they were chilling out right down the hall from the Lab, so I assume she heard my instructor and I talking.

It's like a dramatic twist from a bad movie, and I'm the one who ends up feeling like a huge jerk.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13588 on: September 29, 2010, 10:45:02 pm »

Completely rotten rat innards?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13589 on: September 29, 2010, 10:45:59 pm »

Narcotics someone tried to smuggle inside of it?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 904 905 [906] 907 908 ... 8167