Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 795 796 [797] 798 799 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9457451 times)

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #11940 on: September 10, 2010, 11:44:19 pm »

wish I could use Steam though.
Whadduya mean by this?

And sorry to hear that, TM.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11941 on: September 10, 2010, 11:47:54 pm »

It doesn't help that I do the voice rather well. Also, I can be a stone cold jerk sometimes. Retail does that to you. Also, I like punching people.

I get massive throbbing forehead veins when I'm angry, and at the time, I used to randomly ambush people.  I was also just a wee bit arrogant.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11942 on: September 10, 2010, 11:53:44 pm »

It doesn't help that I do the voice rather well. Also, I can be a stone cold jerk sometimes. Retail does that to you. Also, I like punching people.

I get massive throbbing forehead veins when I'm angry, and at the time, I used to randomly ambush people.  I was also just a wee bit arrogant.

We sound waaay too much alike.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11943 on: September 10, 2010, 11:57:10 pm »

I can't remember ever being angry.

I've been annoyed, but that fades after a second or two.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11944 on: September 11, 2010, 12:04:42 am »

Pre martial arts training, I would explode on people in a physically violent rage at the slightest provocation.

Post martial arts training, not so much. The most important thing I learned is self control. Having the ability to walk away from a potential fight probably extended my lifespan about 60 years.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #11945 on: September 11, 2010, 12:07:01 am »

My computer broked again... :(
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11946 on: September 11, 2010, 12:07:59 am »

911 was so horrible in that - it truly fit into the information age. I was only 10 - but I watched it unfold live. I still remember waking up early at 6 - I live on the west coast and watching the second plane fly into one of the towers. I ended up going to school late because everyone in my house was watching TV.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11947 on: September 11, 2010, 12:09:07 am »

911 was so horrible in that - it truly fit into the information age. I was only 10 - but I watched it unfold live. I still remember waking up early at 6 - I live on the west coast and watching the second plane fly into one of the towers. I ended up going to school late because everyone in my house was watching TV.
We ended up getting out of school early. Living on the East Coast I didn't have the chance to watch it live. I just saw the aftermath when we got home.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11948 on: September 11, 2010, 12:11:49 am »

We ended up getting out of school early. Living on the East Coast I didn't have the chance to watch it live. I just saw the aftermath when we got home.
I'm also on the East Coast, but they sent us home early enough that I saw the second plane crash live. A suprisingly livid memory, for how long ago it was.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11949 on: September 11, 2010, 12:19:08 am »

Pre martial arts training, I would explode on people in a physically violent rage at the slightest provocation.

Post martial arts training, not so much. The most important thing I learned is self control. Having the ability to walk away from a potential fight probably extended my lifespan about 60 years.

I hear that I radiate an aura of palpable anger whenever I snap.  I don't beat people up anymore (decided it was Morally Wrong in 8th grade or something), but I'm still pretty tempermental.  Even though I can control my physical reactions quite well, I still have trouble keeping my emotions totally clamped down.

I guess the really large change is that I'm angry about less nowadays.  It's usually things that people are doing to other people that really piss me off, rather than things that people are doing to me.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11950 on: September 11, 2010, 12:23:13 am »

Y'know what I'm going to do tomorrow?  Play violent videogames and read textbooks and go to a neighborhood barbecue.

I hope that barbecue is using charcoal and not jet fuel, because that would really be completely tasteless, like totally over the line.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11951 on: September 11, 2010, 12:26:30 am »

I'm sad that I hardly get out the house.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11952 on: September 11, 2010, 12:28:30 am »

I don't get angry often either, Realm. I think I'm in the same boat as you.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11953 on: September 11, 2010, 12:30:08 am »

I also find myself incapable of hating anyone.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11954 on: September 11, 2010, 12:36:58 am »

I hear that I radiate an aura of palpable anger whenever I snap.  I don't beat people up anymore (decided it was Morally Wrong in 8th grade or something), but I'm still pretty tempermental.  Even though I can control my physical reactions quite well, I still have trouble keeping my emotions totally clamped down.

I guess the really large change is that I'm angry about less nowadays.  It's usually things that people are doing to other people that really piss me off, rather than things that people are doing to me.

I guess this is where our paths diverge. I get angry at the stupidest things, but I have it on total lockdown. I strap on my fake smile, put my head down, deal with the stupidity, and go meditate and throw it away later. My physical reactions and emotional reactions are so intertwined, I guess, that I have no problems parleying furious anger and intense asskickings into controlled disdain and mild contempt.

Pages: 1 ... 795 796 [797] 798 799 ... 8167