Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 640 641 [642] 643 644 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9473589 times)

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #9615 on: August 10, 2010, 03:36:39 pm »

Basically those guys are the reason to why I still meet people like this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
while walking around.

@Duke: Same reason Uwe Boll still makes movies.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #9616 on: August 10, 2010, 03:40:04 pm »

No, Uwe Boll does it because he has some kind of German legal loophole where if his movies do poorly enough the studio gets some money back or something like that. The horribleness of his movies is actually pretty intentional. Friedberg and Seltzer actually think they're funny :\ Or rather, they're aware they're not, but don't care because people will go see them anyhow and they make money regardless of what critics (and audiences think).

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9617 on: August 10, 2010, 03:42:47 pm »

Yeah Friedberg and Seltzer probably have the lowest reviews with the highest popularity ever.  :/

The whole films could be summed up with that face
:/

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9618 on: August 10, 2010, 03:53:00 pm »

No, Uwe Boll does it because he has some kind of German legal loophole where if his movies do poorly enough the studio gets some money back or something like that. The horribleness of his movies is actually pretty intentional. Friedberg and Seltzer actually think they're funny :\ Or rather, they're aware they're not, but don't care because people will go see them anyhow and they make money regardless of what critics (and audiences think).

Wait....so Uwe Boll is a German Bialystok and Bloom?!?? Oh. My. God. It's all so clear to me now....

Scary Movie (the first one) was actually fairly amusing. From there, it went downhill wid a quickness.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #9619 on: August 10, 2010, 03:57:53 pm »

Scary Movie (the first one) was actually fairly amusing. From there, it went downhill wid a quickness.

Yeah, but they were only 2/6 of the writers of Scary Movie. The next thing the duo actually wrote themselves were their just-the-two-of-them godawful "_____ Movie"s. I'd hazard a guess that if Scary Movie's writing team hadn't included them, your comment would have the "fairly" taken out of it :P

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
« Reply #9620 on: August 10, 2010, 04:06:22 pm »

I just found out that Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer (the guys behind Scary Movie, Epic Movie, Meet the Spartans and assorted horrible movie mash-ups) have just released a new one, Vampires Suck. You'd think that a Twilight parody would inherently be a good thing. But no. Not when these guys are involved.

"Uh, maaan. Like, no way! Here is evidence, to like, uh... man I'm hungry. This shit is funny, man."

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9621 on: August 10, 2010, 04:07:39 pm »

Yeah, the first one was decent (although it was parodying a movie which was itself a parody :/ ). The second one wasn't horrible. After that, every single movie has been completely retarded. I seem to recall that after the second one, the team started losing writers, until you wind up with the incoherent shit they're churning out today.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #9622 on: August 10, 2010, 04:29:49 pm »

I sense a conspiracy with all those movies in which subliminal messages are riddled within to dumb down everyone who watches it. This is trolling at it's finest.

It's spread like a virus, and those of strong mind continue to complain, instead of doing something about it (IE- eradicating the threat once and for all); and those of weak mind are too stupid to realize what has happened to their brains. We need to save the world. They must be stopped.

We already lost one generation of potentially fine minds to them. We won't let the next one fall to them.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9623 on: August 10, 2010, 04:37:14 pm »

I just remember the bedroom scene in the second Scary Movie, which was wan't funny, it was just ewww. I never watched the rest of them.

Kinda the same problem I had with the Austin Powers movies. The first one is still a brilliant piece of parody. The second one had its moments, but then it had its moments. Too many gross-out jokes, too many recycled gags. Didn't both to watch the third one.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9624 on: August 10, 2010, 04:42:17 pm »

I think Itentlolor is right. I watched all four Scary Movies, and in the latter three I thought they were the best thing since the Internet while I was watching them. Then the movie ended, and all of my thoughts over the past few hours suddenly seemed very unlike me. That, and the movies sucked. Why I did not recognize this as soon as the opening credits were over remained a mystery untill now. We must stop them.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #9625 on: August 10, 2010, 07:00:54 pm »

Was that initially when they came out, or recently since I made statement? One I can take as evidence, the other, I can take as sarcasm.

EDIT:
Oh, and did you make sure to decipher the other horrifying movies as well, and keep your mind intact?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 07:05:19 pm by Itnetlolor »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9626 on: August 10, 2010, 07:26:23 pm »

When I saw them on Comedy Central some years ago. I've ever seen anything else by them, though.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9627 on: August 10, 2010, 07:44:36 pm »

The "Show new replies" link.

Pros: Convenient
Cons: Drives you insane if someone fails to respond in any of the threads you've written in over the past couple minutes, every couple minutes.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9628 on: August 10, 2010, 09:11:03 pm »

Turns out my graphics card has issues with more games than just Assassin's Creed 2. It makes me sad because all my games now run at beautiful, 100+ FPS....but are spoiled by the ****ing artifacting that seems to occur only on character models. I've spent like the entire last day on the 'net trying to find a fix and have come back with BUPKIS. Seems like problems with ATi drivers stretch all the way back to 10.3, or some shit, and they're on 10.7 now.

I can't complain because the card was free, but it still bums me out. Nothing take the wind out of my sails for gaming like problems I can't fix. Oh well. I really should just save up $70 and go buy a newer, less BS-prone Nvidia card.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9629 on: August 10, 2010, 09:17:07 pm »

My gaming computer will suddenly freeze after a couple of hours, and will then start freezing every ten - twenty minutes unless I leave it off for a few more hours.  :(
Pages: 1 ... 640 641 [642] 643 644 ... 8167