Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 623 624 [625] 626 627 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9461661 times)

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #9360 on: August 06, 2010, 06:39:47 pm »

Should I mention that after several months of playing it I never beat Balos's second form?

:( :( :( :( :( :(
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9361 on: August 06, 2010, 06:40:35 pm »

I feel your pain, man.

I NEED TO GET BEST ENDING
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9362 on: August 06, 2010, 06:43:53 pm »

No, I'm not really that sort of person. I'm just really, really unlucky and kind of miserable because of it. I'm in this dark room 24/7 all day every day. All I do is read TvTropes all day... never get to talk to anyone. That just can't be good for me.

Those are problems.  If you need something to do, I would suggest some problem-solving.

Luck is theoretically connected to optimism, in general (read in a well-sourced book called Quirkology, by the way).  More optimism -> more "luck."  So look for your opportunities, solve your problems, and get cracking at life.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9363 on: August 06, 2010, 06:48:11 pm »

Also, spending more time in brighter light helps with depression.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9364 on: August 06, 2010, 06:58:07 pm »

No, I'm not really that sort of person. I'm just really, really unlucky and kind of miserable because of it. I'm in this dark room 24/7 all day every day. All I do is read TvTropes all day... never get to talk to anyone. That just can't be good for me.

Those are problems.  If you need something to do, I would suggest some problem-solving.

Luck is theoretically connected to optimism, in general (read in a well-sourced book called Quirkology, by the way).  More optimism -> more "luck."  So look for your opportunities, solve your problems, and get cracking at life.

Well, I've been trying to do that for around four or so years... It's not like I want to be locked up and sedentary all the time, it's just that I can't conceive of anything to do outside... Plus, having sunlight on my skin is intensely painful and I start to break down mentally when exposed to heat or humidity...

And there's that whole "learned helplessness" deal which could mean that there is a solution but I'm being prevented from seeing it because my mind has been trained to react with apathy to any negative stimulus...
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9365 on: August 06, 2010, 07:04:20 pm »

Well, I've been trying to do that for around four or so years... It's not like I want to be locked up and sedentary all the time, it's just that I can't conceive of anything to do outside... Plus, having sunlight on my skin is intensely painful and I start to break down mentally when exposed to heat or humidity...

And there's that whole "learned helplessness" deal which could mean that there is a solution but I'm being prevented from seeing it because my mind has been trained to react with apathy to any negative stimulus...

... Sooo... why don't you unlearn your helplessness, clothe yourself up to cover your skin, and go outside to find out what's worth doing out there?  Walk around for at least an hour, and if you don't find anything interesting, then you aren't trying hard enough.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #9366 on: August 06, 2010, 07:05:33 pm »

I just remembered a very specific moment. Down to the hours and minutes. That I would rather forget...

Quite some time ago... My thread was only fifty pages long ago...
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #9367 on: August 06, 2010, 07:11:33 pm »

Should I mention that after several months of playing it I never beat Balos's second form?

:( :( :( :( :( :(
I feel your pain, man.

I NEED TO GET BEST ENDING
Even after not playing it for months I can still pick it up, run through Hell and beat Ballos on my first try.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9368 on: August 06, 2010, 07:19:29 pm »

... Sooo... why don't you unlearn your helplessness, clothe yourself up to cover your skin, and go outside to find out what's worth doing out there?  Walk around for at least an hour, and if you don't find anything interesting, then you aren't trying hard enough.

All three tried and failed. I can't put enough cloth between my skin and the sun without getting heat stroke, and "unlearn your helplessness" is about the same as "stop being depressed". There's really nothing interesting in existence. I've checked.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9369 on: August 06, 2010, 07:32:34 pm »

All three tried and failed. I can't put enough cloth between my skin and the sun without getting heat stroke, and "unlearn your helplessness" is about the same as "stop being depressed". There's really nothing interesting in existence. I've checked.

Pish Posh, the only reason I don't go outside is because I live in the middle of nowhere, but surely there's something interesting happening where YOU live?

And if not, then is it not possible to move to a colder climate?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #9370 on: August 06, 2010, 07:35:01 pm »

He's just pulling an Armok and trying to make it look like his inaction is justified. Stop taking the bait people, he just wants people to talk about him.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9371 on: August 06, 2010, 07:38:12 pm »

... If TvTropes is disinteresting, then why are you still reading it?  If becoming non-depressed is impossible, then how do so many people recover from their depression?  If you're helpless, then how can your trust your check of the boringness of everything?

*shrug*

Only you can save yourself.  But calling for help won't do you any good if you just ignore every piece of advice and attention people try to give you.

EDIT: I'm afraid of radical feminists.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 07:39:57 pm by Vector »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9372 on: August 06, 2010, 07:50:47 pm »

He's just pulling an Armok and trying to make it look like his inaction is justified. Stop taking the bait people, he just wants people to talk about him.

The other times people have pulled that crap they've been torn to shreds with good advice wrapped in brow-beating. So let me just say
Only you can save yourself.  But calling for help won't do you any good if you just ignore every piece of advice and attention people try to give you.

That what Vector is saying is extremely important to understand. If you honestly don't want to help yourself or listen to advice, then why are you here? Why aren't you just crawling into a corner and letting the world pass you by? I don't care about your predicament if you refuse to accept help, because offering useful advice is the only way anyone here can help and if you refuse to let them do that, why should they bother? Why should they care?

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9373 on: August 06, 2010, 08:01:09 pm »

Press "Spiel."  It's a game about helping psychologically damaged stuffed animals.
Good game, that. We had a thread about it over a year ago. I went through a few of the animals.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9374 on: August 06, 2010, 08:45:51 pm »

I just ate a very unripe peach :(.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.
Pages: 1 ... 623 624 [625] 626 627 ... 8167