Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 617 618 [619] 620 621 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9465215 times)

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #9270 on: August 05, 2010, 05:51:12 pm »

This makes Dakk sad.
SFW, but not safe for your eyes or mind.

Thanks for setting the gay acceptance movement back a few years, Chris.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
« Reply #9271 on: August 05, 2010, 05:55:03 pm »

Dude, could we get this guy Chris dude interested in country?

Then he could hold them back!

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9272 on: August 05, 2010, 05:55:46 pm »

Good enough?

The name is "Chely Wright is Gay Lesbian".

Isn't that a double negative?
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9273 on: August 05, 2010, 05:56:10 pm »

It isn't really him, just a look alike, according to the comments. Still, not safe for sanity. Good thing DF removed that aspect of my mind a long time ago.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9274 on: August 05, 2010, 05:57:37 pm »

... Learn to punctuation.  There's a rather significant colon between "gay" and "lesbian."

Lesbians don't count, because they're just "one of the guys". I mean like full Elton John queer. I feel the same about rap. I once was flipping though a book about Rap, some sort of comprehensive thing you'd see on a coffee table of the white African American Studies professor at your local university; out of curiosity I cruised though it looking for gay male rap musicians. It just don't exist.

I can't wait until it happens, because its bound to.

Hmmm.... I guess.  I have to admit that I don't fully understand the issue, or why lesbians end up inducted into male culture and that's all good.  Yet another gaping hole of ignorance to educate myself in  ::)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9275 on: August 05, 2010, 05:57:46 pm »

Dude, could we get this guy Chris dude interested in country?

Then he could hold them back!

No.

And it doesn't matter if its him or not. Both the original and supposed fake are horrifying.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9276 on: August 05, 2010, 05:59:35 pm »

... Learn to punctuation.  There's a rather significant colon between "gay" and "lesbian."

Oh. I never read the article, and all i saw was the link that said Gay Lesbian.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9277 on: August 05, 2010, 06:02:15 pm »

Lesbians don't count, because they're just "one of the guys". I mean like full Elton John queer. I feel the same about rap. I once was flipping though a book about Rap, some sort of comprehensive thing you'd see on a coffee table of the white African American Studies professor at your local university; out of curiosity I cruised though it looking for gay male rap musicians. It just don't exist.

Hmmm.... I guess.  I have to admit that I don't fully understand the issue, or why lesbians end up inducted into male culture and that's all good.  Yet another gaping hole of ignorance to educate myself in  ::)

Yeah, it's sort of asinine ; you know what? Screw gay rights, I'm campaigning for equal discrimination for Lesbians as well as Gays from now on. I don't mind if you hate on the gays, just hate on the lesbians to. [/satirical statement]

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9278 on: August 05, 2010, 06:06:13 pm »

Yeah, it's sort of asinine ; you know what? Screw gay rights, I'm campaigning for equal discrimination for Lesbians as well as Gays from now on. I don't mind if you hate on the gays, just hate on the lesbians to. [/satirical statement]

... I'm confused.  Did I say something evil?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9279 on: August 05, 2010, 06:07:35 pm »

I fully support this man and his shenaningas.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9280 on: August 05, 2010, 06:12:34 pm »

From now on, any time there is a match of smear the queer affirmative discrimination dictates that a percentage of lesbians must participate equal to or greater than their population. Doesn't matter if they have to bussed in; that match can't start until they're there.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9281 on: August 05, 2010, 06:15:21 pm »

I lost my car keys while I was teepee'ing houses. I've got spares, but my keyring has my name worked into it, so there is a glaringly obvious clue to who got them.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9282 on: August 05, 2010, 06:17:09 pm »

I lost my car keys while I was teepee'ing houses. I've got spares, but my keyring has my name worked into it, so there is a glaringly obvious clue to who got them.
...I'm sorry, but that is extremely funny. A good prank is funny, but a good bungle is even better.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9283 on: August 05, 2010, 06:24:19 pm »

From now on, any time there is a match of smear the queer affirmative discrimination dictates that a percentage of lesbians must participate equal to or greater than their population. Doesn't matter if they have to bussed in; that match can't start until they're there.

... I'm guessing I offended you, for which I am very sorry.  I'm speaking as a straight female who has repeatedly been plunked into both "just one of the guys" and "lesbian" categories, to the point of being referred to as male against my wishes and interrogated on my sexuality while tutoring students for free (and not for community service hours, either).  I was mostly wondering why plunking cis-gendered lesbians into the "one of the guys" category was considered a good thing, because in my experience it really kind of sucks.  One could make a "well, in comparison, it's pretty good," argument, but that rhetoric has always fallen a bit flat in my point of view.

I in no way intended any offense, and will admit that I considered not responding at all.  My hope was to learn something, not to hurt anyone's feelings.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9284 on: August 05, 2010, 06:32:59 pm »

... I'm guessing I offended you, for which I am very sorry.  I'm speaking as a straight female who has repeatedly been plunked into both "just one of the guys" and "lesbian" categories, to the point of being referred to as male against my wishes and interrogated on my sexuality while tutoring students for free (and not for community service hours, either).  I was mostly wondering why plunking cis-gendered lesbians into the "one of the guys" category was considered a good thing, because in my experience it really kind of sucks.  One could make a "well, in comparison, it's pretty good," argument, but that rhetoric has always fallen a bit flat in my point of view.

I in no way intended any offense, and will admit that I considered not responding at all.  My hope was to learn something, not to hurt anyone's feelings.

No! Oh, god no! Vector, since I've been here you've been nothing but sweet to me! You didn't offend me, I was just being a goof off !

That whole Lesbian v. gay thing is sort of weird; I think it generally has to do with the world being run by men, in a literal and real-time sense and a traditional societal sense. Its okay for women, because men think its sexy- or at least unobtrusive. Most people that I've come across who are homophobic seem like their big fear is that a gay guy will turn them or take advantage of them (or mayby just be thinking about it). That's a pretty lame assessment but it makes sense so far as I can tell.

I don't know that lesbian women are entirely happy with this, because they get caught up in their own shit. But queer guys, they just get sidelined and funny looks. I'm not a gay woman, I couldn't give you much of perspective, and it's probably unfair of me to be so dismissive of a Lesbian coming out as opposed to a gay man. I suppose its sexist on my part. :/
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 06:36:40 pm by TheBroodyMoods »
Pages: 1 ... 617 618 [619] 620 621 ... 8167