Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 532 533 [534] 535 536 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9473503 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #7995 on: July 07, 2010, 04:09:17 pm »

I can't have a cable running all the way from my room to the living room, passing through well-traveled areas.  There are old people in this house and if they trip on it their limbs will break off and they'll die.
Tape it to walls

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7996 on: July 07, 2010, 04:14:04 pm »

I can't have a cable running all the way from my room to the living room, passing through well-traveled areas.  There are old people in this house and if they trip on it their limbs will break off and they'll die.

Hey, that's the curse of the 21st century we all have to live with.  Everybody has to adapt to the Internet eventually.  Some people just have a harder time than others.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #7997 on: July 07, 2010, 04:49:18 pm »

Give us a floorplan of your house, we will tell you what to do

Even a roughly drawn paint map is okay
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7998 on: July 07, 2010, 04:57:24 pm »

Also locations of spare keys, parts of the floor that creak and your mother's maiden name.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #7999 on: July 07, 2010, 05:05:58 pm »

Also, please point out where you keep your birth certificate, and bank books. Jewelry container locations would be nice, but with the rooms labeled we should be able to find them fairly easily if you don't feel like identifying them. :D

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8000 on: July 07, 2010, 05:08:51 pm »

Tell me your username Cthulhu.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8001 on: July 07, 2010, 06:01:08 pm »

I watched Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.
It was good, but it was sad.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8002 on: July 07, 2010, 07:55:22 pm »

*expletive* *expletive* Mother-*EXPLETIVE*er

Well, I talked to one of my sisters' friends, which happens to be a banker of sorts (not same bank as mine), about settling my disputes with Steam.

After a few moments of explaining the situation and everything, we have come to a conclusion. I am better off starting with a clean slate. *expletive* it all to *expletive*.

Fill in the blanks.

Simply, I'm better off starting with a clean slate because not only was my overdraft ages ago, but also considering all the information, I would have to pay back all the dispute, overdrafts and all. Just as I feared. I am very mad about that.

Considering all my purchases, all my records, and other bits of drifting information, I guess that'll be a droplet in history soon to fade into the abyss.

Now for what really bugs me. My brothers have been going all insane with Steam lately (seeing as they're new to the scene a tad) and linking me to all sorts of games and such for a good portion of time. How would I explain my new account, especially considering one of my brothers already friended me with the old one?

I suppose if they're not as much the investigators, they'll not notice my huge wall of games I previously purchased, and would assume I needed a new identity for some odd reason. I dunno. Considering my overdraft story and such (if I need to mention that), things can define awkward and uncomfortable (especially considering our weekend hang-out in a few weeks is all about gaming).

I guess my alibi lobe can weave a story about having multiple identities or something. One exclusively for deathmatching and another for casual. But then again, what's the point? But I guess considering a history with an old alias I had could still be a decent one to consider. Or I can always tell the truth, admit I have learned my lesson, and my money loss, and forgetting about the past can always work somehow.  :-\

Meh, I'm an adult, any problems of my own accord is my own damn fault. I suppose this is the only other way to assume responsibility. Lose the lost cash, keep what I have earned overtime as a recovery measure for my fears (which were realized as I was explained; which could have broken even-ish), rebuild on bedrock and start with a clean slate.

I may need to re-friend you all again. Sorry for the inconvenience. Now I know how Janet must've felt when her account was messed up. Aggravating, indeed, it is. Considering this news, forget how earlier today was. It sucked, but not as bad as this bit of news.

Fake edit:
Idea: I can always BS some bizarre reason like my account went screwy and I accidentally removed my brother from the list, or my list got "re-optimized" or something, and I can "re-friend" him. I just hope my game purchases are stealthy enough over time to not be noticed in his "re-friend". I'm rather absentminded, they might buy the forgetting. v :-\ v

EDIT:
Good News/Bad News
Good: All my games work again, at least those under the common directory
Bad: They're all rendered demos until I re-purchase them. Audiosurf was one bit of disliked proof (however, playing the boss theme from Iji was worth it). Other games like Delta Force and Crysis... They didn't make it. :'(

Good: For the price that would've redeemed my old account, I can defibrilate a good chunk of my old games, and add few new recruits (Valve Complete Pack). I'll be back slaying zombies and such again, thinking with portals, and stopping terrorists. Human or Xen.
Bad: It'll take a good deal of time to resuscitate back to an old form I played.

For What it's Worth: The defibbing is a modest hit to the wallet, but I was always prepared to spend that amount one way or another to revive. I guess this counts. The leftover from the sale price can probably revive one other game/pack while at it. But I'll have to pace my recovery, and revive the games I know I will play more often. Wait for a memorial day sale or something to get other missing pieces back, and remove any dead weight that won't be of any use. Thank god for backups. I think my saves can work again. All but poor Audiosurf. I think that email account is stuck to my old account, unless there's a way I can adjust it.

Well, I can always do a bit of housekeeping on my computer anyway. All that space was a waste pile anyway.

EDIT EDIT:
For those curious, here's the initiation of my revival plan for my reborn (new) account:
Valve Complete Pack (revives a majority of my more common played Steam games), Garry's Mod (to make use of them all), Audiosurf (with good reason; I've been wanting to play that game so many times during the dry spell), and some good ol' classic Plants Vs. Zombies to tie the package together. And all this for the same price as I originally would've had to withdraw from the chargeback since the whole fiasco started. I'll give myself a steady budget/rate for recovery over time. I should have a sufficient amount of games for playing when the gaming weekend arrives, and hopefully, none will be the wiser.

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
Wuh?! Credit card declined? Aw crap. I might have to discuss any holds with my bank and such about this. This could be an issue. Sent a message to Steam Support as instructed anyway.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 10:45:04 pm by Itnetlolor »

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #8003 on: July 07, 2010, 10:44:57 pm »

ARGH! Playing Mount & Blade, and after blowing all of my money betting on myself in a tournament, I ended up losing in the final round because it gave both of us lances. It was kind of funny to see the two of us chasing each other around in circles for a half hour.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8004 on: July 07, 2010, 10:51:39 pm »

You can't win with a lance? You do know about couching, right?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8005 on: July 07, 2010, 11:16:02 pm »

a lance is the easiest thing to use in M&B! all you have to know is how to move well enough to stab your opponent.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8006 on: July 07, 2010, 11:17:32 pm »

The War Scythe is the best.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SALT:CHILD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8007 on: July 08, 2010, 12:48:35 am »

Give us a floorplan of your house, we will tell you what to do

Even a roughly drawn paint map is okay

For example to Cthulhu:

Back from college for the summer and so back at my parents' house. The purple circle represents the wireless capability of my router. Note how it barely scrapes my room. I have a laptop and a desktop. As a method of comparison, back when I used to play World of Warcraft, my laptop in my room got an unplayable 1500ms ping time. The desktop is hooked up via two connected 50-foot cables and a 25-footer, and I averaged about 150ms ping time. Chopped a whole digit off the right. Hence, the cable was worth the hassle to set it up.

The cable leaves my dad's office and runs against the corner between the wall and the floor. It goes through the kitchen and dining area with no problems; the gray area there is where the washer and dryer and shallow pantry are, so there's no one actually walking over the cable there. Through the living room is no problem, but that square that has my sister's room and bathroom and then my room, it was a trip hazard, until I myself duct-taped the cable up the wall, hiding it along the doorframes. It comes down along the bathroom doorframe and smoothly into my room. I was actually pretty proud of myself for doing this, since it's so much better for my internet need.

Now if only I could receive wireless signal in the good bathroom for my iPod Touch...

Also,
Birth Certificate Location: Master Bedroom Closet
Bank Books: Master Bedroom Closet
Jewelry Containers: Master Bedroom, Sister's Room
Creaky Floors: Entire Kitchen
Spare Keys: None
Mother's maiden name: Rahman

:D
The thing that confuses me about dorfs is this. Dorf 1 dies in an avalance or somesuch. Dorf 2 is friends with dorf 3 and dorf 1. Dorf 2 berserks because of his friends death and kills dorf 3. also a friend. W. T. F.
Clearly you've never been drunk.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8008 on: July 08, 2010, 12:53:14 am »

I have to draw floor plans to my house now.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 01:00:36 am by ToonyMan »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #8009 on: July 08, 2010, 12:55:01 am »

Birth Certificate Location: Master Bedroom Closet
Bank Books: Master Bedroom Closet
Jewelry Containers: Master Bedroom, Sister's Room
Creaky Floors: Entire Kitchen
Spare Keys: None
Mother's maiden name: Rahman
Expect a visitor soon. A dark one. With a gun.

:P
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 ... 532 533 [534] 535 536 ... 8167