Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9476076 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #7875 on: July 03, 2010, 02:35:33 pm »

I spent all day yesterday (bleeding into the morning) playan vidjagaems reading tvtropes and things tvtropes links to and not doing anything cool.
This is me everyday now because when I don't have any responsibility on my persona I just do what I like to do.  Of course that's wrong for some reason.  I don't think people should get sad over it, for some reason it's like some guilty pleasure and not something cool which it should be.  Just make sure to keep yourself up-kept just encase someone comes knocking on your door.

On that note my TVTrope article I made for myself it getting GIGNORMAS.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7876 on: July 03, 2010, 02:36:24 pm »

You know what I wished?

I wish I had my home internet again.
I wish I had phone service again.
I wish I had cable again.
I wish I had a working Xbox 360 to play Mass Effect 2.
I wish I had a working Wii to play Super Mario Galaxy 2
I wish I got my HDTV birthday present soon to play my birthday present games.
I wish I had a desk chair (my old one got destroyed don't talk about it) instead of using a dinner chair.
I wish things haven't been like this for over a month now.

But I also know that a lot of the things I want fixed people don't have in the first place so what am I suppose to do?  Receive such items with an attached guilt trip or live without these things because other people don't have that or something.  It's really weird.

Instead of being guilty that you're in the top 5%, be glad and thankful that you won the cosmic lottery.
Shoes...

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7877 on: July 03, 2010, 02:39:15 pm »

I spent all day yesterday (bleeding into the morning) playan vidjagaems and not doing anything cool.

Haha, I'm a little depressed today that I failed yet again to play any videogames last night.  I even downloaded a new Cortex Command mission, and then I just read and talked to people on IM and fell asleep at like midnight.  Today, though!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7878 on: July 03, 2010, 02:49:28 pm »

Heh, I remember my Dad telling me to be happy because I'm a white boy in America and that's a pretty advantageous spot.  I don't plan on wasting this position anyway, one of the things I know is success is measured by ones spirit.

I spent all day yesterday (bleeding into the morning) playan vidjagaems and not doing anything cool.

Haha, I'm a little depressed today that I failed yet again to play any videogames last night.  I even downloaded a new Cortex Command mission, and then I just read and talked to people on IM and fell asleep at like midnight.  Today, though!
Yeah with the whole video game thing, I'm a little sad to say that I hardly play them now.  Out of the majority I only actually get interested enough to play a game with maybe the top 1% of everything.  The rest just looks bland, I never get over 40 hours on a game before getting bored.  The latest games I've played that bested 40 hours are Disgaea DS and Borderlands (which might have JUST been 40 hours)  Once I beat a game 100% (like what I was planning with ME2 and SMG2 which isn't available right now) I don't play them anymore.  Team Fortress 2?  My steam account says I have over 200 hours, but that's a lie because I share my account with my brother and a friend.  I can only claim maybe 20-30 hours of that time.  You know what?  I can't play TF2 either, my internet is out.  I don't know, I played Rogue Survivor for a few hours a couple days ago and that was fun.  I've pretty much went meta with myself and most of my entertainment isn't from playing or watching a game or film, but seeing its tropes being used.

Oh, I'll still watch something first if I've never seen it/interests me.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 02:52:54 pm by ToonyMan »

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7879 on: July 03, 2010, 08:38:40 pm »

Everything Lime/Lemon based suddenly smells horrible for some reason.

Research pending.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7880 on: July 03, 2010, 08:44:11 pm »

My fireworks getting trip to Missouri got canceled due to a lack of a ride down there.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7881 on: July 03, 2010, 09:06:23 pm »

Borderlands, of all games, kept your interest where everything else failed?
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #7882 on: July 03, 2010, 09:54:10 pm »

Oh, if my account revives (and when it does) next time the game is on sale, I'm so getting it.

Sorry, just came to mind.

Regarding my gaming as of late, I've been jumping from one thing to another, judging on what time I have to commit with.

For example, Roller Coaster Tycoon takes a decent chunk of time, regarding 3 year missions and all, I'll need a good 1/4 of my day to reserve. Regarding New Wavehandle on DF, that can take me up to a day to get a year done; and any free time I have could be spent playing some Stranded (got a mod to make things more interesting/challenging). Replaying the original adventure mode again with the mega mod makes things far more of a challenge. It took some time, but wasn't too hard overall, but Alice was beaten a few weeks ago. And working on Iji right now. Might find more 3rd party games to play with as well.

And with whatever leftover time I have, I try to find stuff to keep me busy. Sometimes tinkering with Photoshop, other times screwing with Excel for some inane purpose (another calculator tends to get produced for some reason), or coming up with some crazy-ass piece of engineering, either DF-wise or making an old art-work work. I gotta pick up a 3d design program again to translate some old ideas into 3d. I already have a badass (though seemingly impractical at first glance) one in mind, especially considering it's also modularly built (meaning easy and uber-customizable).
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 10:03:40 pm by Itnetlolor »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7883 on: July 03, 2010, 10:56:01 pm »

Oh, if my account revives (and when it does) next time the game is on sale, I'm so getting it.

Sorry, just came to mind.

You know, there is a sale now, and I think it's included. A lot of things are marked down 75%. Just so you know in case your Steam comes back soon.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7884 on: July 04, 2010, 01:42:05 am »

Oh yeah, and why I'm kinda sad today.  I spent all day yesterday (bleeding into the morning) playan vidjagaems and not doing anything cool.  I'm not too broken up about it, but I said I'd stop that dammit.  May not be doing anything cool for July 4th either, which is only important because it's an easy way to get people together.

Oops.  Okay, I need a new strategy here.  I'm starting to think that if I just uninstalled everything that could keep me from wasting time, but without electricity I can always find something else to distract me.  Crap, how to be productive, how to be productive, how to be productive...
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7885 on: July 04, 2010, 07:13:40 am »

Oh yeah, and why I'm kinda sad today.  I spent all day yesterday (bleeding into the morning) playan vidjagaems and not doing anything cool.  I'm not too broken up about it, but I said I'd stop that dammit.  May not be doing anything cool for July 4th either, which is only important because it's an easy way to get people together.

Oops.  Okay, I need a new strategy here.  I'm starting to think that if I just uninstalled everything that could keep me from wasting time, but without electricity I can always find something else to distract me.  Crap, how to be productive, how to be productive, how to be productive...

The human brain is programmed to be productive. If you aren't automatically devoting a certain amount of your time to things that are marginally constructive, it's probably just because they aren't there or you can't path to them.

I think it's kind of funny how humans think they're sapient. The "human" part of your brains spends most of its time waiting for something that needs its attention. Most of the time you wander around just like trained animals, reacting in a perfectly predictable (but rarely logical) pattern to the same stimuli over and over again.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7886 on: July 04, 2010, 08:08:04 am »

I tried that once several times. For me at least it doesn't work. I always find one distraction or another.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7887 on: July 04, 2010, 08:13:40 am »

My asshole friends left me passed out on a couch at a small party. I waited for two hours and walked home. >:|
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7888 on: July 04, 2010, 08:17:38 am »

Consider yourself lucky Sir Pseudonymous. My asshole ex-friends left me half-passed out IN A DARK ALLEY, in which I was promtly robbed and beaten halfway to death by some thugs..
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7889 on: July 04, 2010, 08:24:09 am »

One one hand I am happy because I've figured out Tsearch's advanced functions.

On the other hand I'm sad because DF won't let me use them to teleport my adventurer across the ocean. I have to swim the whole way, and that's really tedious.

EDIT:
Somehow, that healer sounds vaguely derivative.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 01:33:30 pm by Schilcote »
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.
Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 8167