Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9470471 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #6345 on: May 30, 2010, 09:37:33 pm »

Dammit, stupid mock souls.

How do people even get a hold of those damn things!?!?!?
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6346 on: May 30, 2010, 09:38:50 pm »

Nooooooooooooooooo I hate dnd! why don't you play video games with it. I've never lost at golden eye!
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #6347 on: May 30, 2010, 11:56:33 pm »

Today, I dropped a piece of carrot on the floor near the basement door (which is close to the kitchen door), and did not notice until my housemate told me there were ants swarming all over it. We were forced to resort to biological warfare. I found some insect repellent in the laundry room and sprayed them. They scattered, but they could not get far, and each and every one of them stumbled into a choking death. Then we vacuumed them.

We also found their entrance (a tiny hole next to the basement door) and we sprayed it full of the stuff. We are safe from ants for now.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6348 on: May 31, 2010, 12:24:34 am »

I am not joking, absolutely not joking, when I say the paint cans and twine and nails and stuff are a better choice.

Seriously.  I'm not joking.
Creating an unsafe work environment for any potential thieves who could then sue you. Leave all your valuables in front of your house with a strongly-worded letter. It'll be cheaper...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6349 on: May 31, 2010, 12:29:13 am »

Man, this morning I stepped in cat shit whilst heading to the shower. In bare feet. That totally ruined my morning, though quick access to the shower saved the day. Euuurgh.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6350 on: May 31, 2010, 12:32:39 am »

Today, I dropped a piece of carrot on the floor near the basement door (which is close to the kitchen door), and did not notice until my housemate told me there were ants swarming all over it. We were forced to resort to biological warfare. I found some insect repellent in the laundry room and sprayed them. They scattered, but they could not get far, and each and every one of them stumbled into a choking death. Then we vacuumed them.

We also found their entrance (a tiny hole next to the basement door) and we sprayed it full of the stuff. We are safe from ants for now.

Safe? I think not. You must kill the queen! Her troops have encroached upon your territory, slay her and retrieve her corpse as your rightful spoils of war!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6351 on: May 31, 2010, 12:33:31 am »

Man, this morning I stepped in cat shit whilst heading to the shower. In bare feet. That totally ruined my morning, though quick access to the shower saved the day. Euuurgh.
Stepped in cat-shit eh?  Never stepped in a dog-crap pile bigger than your foot while stumbling in the dark, have you?

Creating an unsafe work environment for any potential thieves who could then sue you. Leave all your valuables in front of your house with a strongly-worded letter. It'll be cheaper...
It is illegal to set up a gun-trap, as a hidden anti-thievery measure, because it's dangerous.  But, as far as I know, the one time a thief tried to sue a guy for "Lost Income", because he broke his leg getting in the house (or he was shot in the leg or something) he lost.

Why yes, I am a proud drop-out of The Internet College of Law.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6352 on: May 31, 2010, 12:34:42 am »

I've mentioned before that a guy became a quadriplegic when he tripped on a broom handle and fell down the basement stairs while robbing a house and sued for $4 million, right?
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6353 on: May 31, 2010, 12:37:18 am »

Stepped in cat-shit eh?  Never stepped in a dog-crap pile bigger than your foot while stumbling in the dark, have you?

It was almost as big as the cat itself. I think there must have been internal organs in that turd, it was sodding enormous.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6354 on: May 31, 2010, 12:37:45 am »

I've mentioned before that a guy became a quadriplegic when he tripped on a broom handle and fell down the basement stairs while robbing a house and sued for $4 million, right?

"Sued" is not the same thing as "won".  What exactly was the outcome.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6355 on: May 31, 2010, 12:38:13 am »

He won.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6356 on: May 31, 2010, 12:40:08 am »

Alright, time for a link.

regarding your ant problem: if they're swarming on food like that within a short time of it landing on the floor, you house is already theirs.  Only gasoline (or petroleum based products anyway) will actually clear the warrens.  And being "your" house, that's not much of an option.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6357 on: May 31, 2010, 12:41:54 am »

It was at least 2 or 3 hours.

The story is very old, from the 90s. The family was found negligent because nobody in their right mind would place a broom across the door. I will see what I can do for a link.

EDIT: Here's one example I found to whet your appetite for now.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 12:46:12 am by Grakelin »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6358 on: May 31, 2010, 01:09:13 am »

About the ants...
There's this stuff called Orange Guard.
It is excellent at repelling ants.
Go Rambo on your counters and floors with the stuff.
Make sure you wear some flip-flops or something similar, because this stuff is sticky as hell.
It's made from oranges, so it's safe for people and animals to ingest.
This is not recommended as it tastes like shit.
Now, place some Terro traps in strategic locations not affected by the Orange Guard.
The ants will take this stuff back to the nest, where it will slowly kill off all of them, including the queen.
This process can take up to three months to get the horde under control, and up to a year to kill off a massive colony.
Good luck, and God speed.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6359 on: May 31, 2010, 01:14:56 am »

We have ant traps all over the place.

My dad is coming for a visit on Wednesday before he leaves for Dubai. He is an experienced ant warrior. With luck, he will quell this threat.
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 8167