Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9473550 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #4095 on: April 07, 2010, 08:56:00 pm »

:O

Unfunny joke?  I was being serious!

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4096 on: April 07, 2010, 09:01:00 pm »

And how is it obnoxious that I mention an unconscious habit that bothers me ever so slightly?
Is it because it's 4chan?

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4097 on: April 07, 2010, 09:06:47 pm »

Yeah.  We at least try to maintain some sense of intelligent conversation around here.  Witty puns, clever metaphors, and the like.  Not crude humor. Crude humor used ironically? Yes. Sometimes. Not too often.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4098 on: April 07, 2010, 09:09:45 pm »

Yes, but I did mention this habit in the sad thread.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4099 on: April 07, 2010, 09:12:33 pm »

Oh god, I think I killed it.  It almost got me, but I turned around just in time.  It was strangling my sense of humor, and had almost killed it! So I stabbed it in the throat. Good riddance.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4100 on: April 07, 2010, 09:15:36 pm »

The hell?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4101 on: April 07, 2010, 09:35:01 pm »

The best way to bury the hatchet between friends is to bury it in dwarves...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4102 on: April 07, 2010, 09:39:32 pm »

i have a couple roommates who drive me and my wife nuts. they move our things around in the kitchen, ALL THE TIME. they never clean, they set off the fire alarm every time they cook. all they ever cook is all day recipes that stink up the whole kitchen, all day. have i mentioned they don't clean anything?! we have a toaster oven that has been under siege by their dirty dishes since they moved in. they rearrange our stuff in the bathroom and have marked the cabinet with pen where the "halfway" point is. for awhile they kept turning off our air-conditioning (we have the hottest room in the building by far, attic room on the east side with 3 walls of windows and crappy insulation).

spoiler-ed for sexual gross-ness
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

so glad they are moving out on the first.

Why would you even tolerate that? If it were me, there'd be an awful lot of ass-kicking involved in this story.

Anyway, what makes me sad:

Ever since the new version has come out, I've been fighting the urge to go up to the actual Dwarf Fortress help section up north, and then post something obnoxious like:

"O hay, i wuz lik plyin dis dawrf fortran games and I canttt git eet at AlL! im reel nuu 2 dis gam adn i cnat figer owt wat 2 duu! evrtythin iz ahl lik numbrz n ltteers n stahf! haw iz enee1 sposed 2 ply dis?!?!?!?!? dorvs rr so stuipd eneewai. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO!"

And I have this urge because, deep down, I want to see how many of the northerners that never come down to GD (and thus never see me) would take me seriously and respond with all seriousness in mind. I resist because I don't think it'd be very cool to troll what is basically my home on the internet.

I just thought I'd tell you guys though.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4103 on: April 07, 2010, 09:43:13 pm »

Yeah. You'd be a leper.

And lepers smell. So I wouldn't be around you.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4104 on: April 07, 2010, 09:57:10 pm »

Nah, I'm already a leper. You know why? Because I haven't made any time to actually play the new version of Dwarf Fortress. I've downloaded it, yes, but I haven't actually played it yet. I just let it sit on my desktop, and every time I see it I pass it a few coy or flirty glances, sometimes I even work up the courage to open the folder. Heck, sometimes I even start up the program just to see the opening animation, but then I'll exit the program without having done anything, and I feel that I've broken the law or something, because that's just wrong.

As you can clearly see, I'm some sort of criminal. Please arrest me.

Borgle

• Bay Watcher
  • Another "Jack_Bread"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4105 on: April 07, 2010, 10:00:45 pm »

I did that, too.
Except I manned up and played it. 8)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4106 on: April 07, 2010, 10:05:42 pm »

Oh my God dude do it do it do it now now now.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4107 on: April 07, 2010, 10:08:03 pm »

Nah, you're good.
I've not played it either.
I've only downloaded it to do some modding.
That I don't even know works or not because I'm using a crappy old mac.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4108 on: April 07, 2010, 10:10:24 pm »

i have a couple roommates who drive me and my wife nuts. they move our things around in the kitchen, ALL THE TIME. they never clean, they set off the fire alarm every time they cook. all they ever cook is all day recipes that stink up the whole kitchen, all day. have i mentioned they don't clean anything?! we have a toaster oven that has been under siege by their dirty dishes since they moved in. they rearrange our stuff in the bathroom and have marked the cabinet with pen where the "halfway" point is. for awhile they kept turning off our air-conditioning (we have the hottest room in the building by far, attic room on the east side with 3 walls of windows and crappy insulation).

spoiler-ed for sexual gross-ness
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

so glad they are moving out on the first.

Why would you even tolerate that? If it were me, there'd be an awful lot of ass-kicking involved in this story.

Anyway, what makes me sad:

Ever since the new version has come out, I've been fighting the urge to go up to the actual Dwarf Fortress help section up north, and then post something obnoxious like:

"O hay, i wuz lik plyin dis dawrf fortran games and I canttt git eet at AlL! im reel nuu 2 dis gam adn i cnat figer owt wat 2 duu! evrtythin iz ahl lik numbrz n ltteers n stahf! haw iz enee1 sposed 2 ply dis?!?!?!?!? dorvs rr so stuipd eneewai. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO!"

And I have this urge because, deep down, I want to see how many of the northerners that never come down to GD (and thus never see me) would take me seriously and respond with all seriousness in mind. I resist because I don't think it'd be very cool to troll what is basically my home on the internet.

I just thought I'd tell you guys though.

I would get up in arms about it but we needed them here for the rent money. when i lost my job things went south financially. things are just starting to pick up again but they gave us their 2 month notice (a few days late i'll add) about 2 months too early. however I have thicker skin than that. it might hurt our financial independence but i'll be glad to see them gone. hopefully we'll be moving into a new apartment (little bit cheaper, nicer place, no laundry or central air included though...) soon. then i can say good-bye to my landlord, another rotten can of worms in itself (wont pay to fix or repair anything except the damn roof)
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4109 on: April 07, 2010, 10:12:48 pm »

I would play more of my new fort if I had the time.  I want at least a hour dood.
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 8167