Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9473062 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #3960 on: April 03, 2010, 05:38:21 pm »

He thinks this is going to get confusing soon. He decides to stay out of it.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: April 03, 2010, 05:47:55 pm »

>-> Brash comment about how Akigagak ALWAYS stays out of it, unless he's getting up someone for doing it.

>-> Third person Movie &/or Song quote, for comedic results.

>-> Facepalm at Armok. For no particular reason, it's just fun to ostracise him.

>-> Glee at having broken the trend, and also one-upped everyone before me.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: April 03, 2010, 05:56:49 pm »

Just in a little funk. Finishing something always does this to me for some reason. Finishing great games, seeing the finale of a great movie, ending a book, etc. I suppose it might be something about how the story has ended, the adventure no longer exists. It is not an adventure anymore, but a memory. I suppose until something tragic happens in my life this is the closest I will come to knowing how the death of a friend feels.

I'm also kinda eating at myself inside over ignoring Vector. I told myself like a month ago that I would help this person who was calling out their pain not unlike another person about a year ago, somebody who could use a friendly voice. And yet, either due to fears of saying what I mean wrong or not quite knowing if what I say will help, I avoided this.

So yeah, with ya 110% Vector. Screw my own insecurities, the point here is helping another human being. And I shall try. I dunno how, but I'll try.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: April 03, 2010, 06:03:42 pm »

>-> Facepalm at Armok. For no particular reason, it's just fun to ostracise him.
>-> Puzzlement and sadness.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: April 03, 2010, 06:04:15 pm »

>-> Hugs Armok.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 06:08:19 pm by Diablous »
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: April 03, 2010, 06:07:04 pm »

>-> Hug Armok.

>-> Sits quietly, expecting the worst.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: April 03, 2010, 06:10:05 pm »

>-> Hug Armok.
Yay! Hug! ^_^ *HUGS!*
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: April 03, 2010, 06:10:42 pm »

This is making me sad.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: April 03, 2010, 06:11:00 pm »

I'm sorry.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: April 03, 2010, 06:17:03 pm »

Yeah, you should have put something along the lines of 'NO - STOP!' in there.

Enough with the pink hugs, Armok. Everyone knows you don't have a soul.

Also- something that made me slightly sad, and mostly annoyed.
I want to exit out of menu's with SPACEBAR again! This is really annoying!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 06:19:18 pm by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: April 03, 2010, 06:21:44 pm »

You can change those quite easily in the Key Bindings menu, ya' know.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: April 03, 2010, 06:28:39 pm »

Yeah, but i didn't want to have to go to the extent of making esc equal spacebar.

Which also means that if I press spacebar, it'll probably go to the menu instead of pausing, too.

Edit: Oh wait. Found it. Thanks, Jackbread.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3972 on: April 03, 2010, 06:45:43 pm »

Yeah, you should have put something along the lines of 'NO - STOP!' in there.

STOP IT! YOUR TEARING US APART!

Better late then never.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: April 03, 2010, 06:49:00 pm »

I'm also kinda eating at myself inside over ignoring Vector. I told myself like a month ago that I would help this person who was calling out their pain not unlike another person about a year ago, somebody who could use a friendly voice. And yet, either due to fears of saying what I mean wrong or not quite knowing if what I say will help, I avoided this.

So yeah, with ya 110% Vector. Screw my own insecurities, the point here is helping another human being. And I shall try. I dunno how, but I'll try.

Doodabuddy, don't worry or beat yourself up.  It's okay.  I'll be okay.  It hurts, sure, and it hurts like hell sometimes... but I'm not someone you have to be frightened for or worried about.  The lunch ladies at my dorm know me and try to make sure I eat.  The math department's professors always ask me how I am and help me out when I'm in trouble.  My parents drive me back and forth from my university--a three hour trip!--when I've destabilized, and I fight every day to keep my sanity intact.  I'm not giving up.  I'll never give up.

Soon I'll probably start making friends, at long last, or go on mood stabilizers to fix what may be emergent bipolar disorder... and everything will be fine.  I've spent entirely too much time sinking into depression, and I refuse to do that anymore.  I may have been fighting hard, but I've got more in me, and I'm going to beat this thing.

But thank you.  I appreciate the kind words that everyone has given me over the past months, and your support has really helped me move forward and feel better about things.  I've regained a good deal of my lost faith in the human race.

EDIT: Fuck.  This is bad.  I'm down to something like 101 pounds and I still can't really eat (but somehow I have a lot of energy...).  I haven't weighed that little for 6-7 years.

To my many and varied psychological problems: go bother someone else, you little bastards.  I've got other stuff to do than baby-sitting your creepy asses all the time.  Now move on.  There's nothing to see here, and if it comes down to a firefight you know I'll win.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 07:41:34 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: April 03, 2010, 07:50:38 pm »

Well, sorry to say, Vector, but... this is B12. Not the 'human race'. We're like, a higher lifeform here.
And modest. Really fucking modest.

But Naaaah. It's a great family atmosphere. Including the brother who beats you up lots, but y' still love him, 'cos he's a gigantic angry role-model, and the sister who's become really distant ever since she left school, and is always out clubbing late and making you worry. And then there's the little brother who you get on with surprisingly well, which kind of makes you a little skeptical as to you own immaturity, but, hey, he can quote more than half of an incredibly epic monologue that you couldn't nail back when you were in drama class, so who the fuck cares?
We got the next door neighbour, who thinks he's better than you. (Not many people like him), and the incredibly chill and reasonable, yet somehow still cool father figure. He's gone pretty laid back, lately, but he still whips out his golden hat every now and then.
The little bro who's not as little as the other little bro. (He wants to be an electrical engineer when he grows up. And good on him). Sure, you might get a bit jealous of the fact that in a few short years he will be making more money than you, but, everyone know's what brothers are for. Just as long as 1% goes to Toady, 's all cool.
There's the artsy older sister. She's drawn portraits for most of the people around here, and they're good ones, too. Great mix of sunshine and sensibility, but she's moved out, and doesn't really visit very often any more.
A cousin, who you kind of know. He once tried to take over the world. Managed to get a country backing him, before the rest of the world gave it a big F-U, and bombed it into nothingness, but it's fine. He don't hold no grudges. He pops in every now and then to say hi, but, you don't see him much other than that.
And, lastly, there's the other little brother, who, I guess would be older than one little brother, but younger than the other. He talks a LOT, but, if you get around to actually listening, he's a pretty smart cookie. That's if you can get around to listening. At first glance you'd think he's a bad rambler, but, somehow he just manages to save up all of his conversation time to deliver in half-hour doses.

So I guess I wouldn't mind having the older sister, who's talkative and fun, talks to you about books, and helps you with your homework. Not that I have homework anymore, but the metaphor is there. Though sometimes she has a tendency of finding a 'good problem', and shutting herself in her room for a few hours... or days.

... Whew.
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 8167