Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9468391 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #3435 on: March 17, 2010, 08:08:59 am »

How much worse could a day get? Hrmm... Well, for one, I just had the most disgusting experience of my life so far.

You see, at the chicken farm & abbotoir, they dig trenches to throw their various compost-y material. In spite of rational thought, they tend to dig them pretty much everywhere in a certain area. So, whilst on errands, I figured I'd run across to go check on a trap, before, lo and behold, I sink into a filled up, unmarked compost trench. I wouldn't have even known it was there were it not for the fact that I had up to my left thigh in it. If I wasn't running, I probably would have sunk further. As it was, I got the afternoon off on unpaid trauma leave, mostly because I was sitting in my underpants, calmly washing maggots out from inside my jeans with a hose.

I keep saying I'm gonna quit, but I never do. I need to get this shit under wraps.

My god. I've more or less got an iron stomach, but I was eating breakfast while reading this and almost lost it. Not only is that extremely disgusting and horribly unfortunate, you might want to go to a doctor some time soon if there was chicken fecal matter anywhere in the compost. There are respiratory parasites that can stay active in chicken feces for a long time, which I'm sure they told you about there, but yeah.

I really hope things either get better, or you can find something new soon. That sounds pretty rough.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3436 on: March 17, 2010, 12:11:07 pm »

I'll swap you, Itnet.
At the point my tolerance with people is, I'd rather be waist deep in crap. If were possible, it'd be a deal.

Seriously, what you went through is better than dealing with these people. My spirit still feels rather broken, and I just woke up after sleeping for 10 hours straight. Not in the mood to eat yet either. And it's not because of your story.

Right, and I also have to leave for work in less than an hour.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 12:18:54 pm by Itnetlolor »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: March 18, 2010, 01:15:18 am »

Then you're a harder man than I am. Because that shit was Nasty. And not biznasty. Just nasty.

At least with irrespectful customers, you can tell them to fuck off.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: March 18, 2010, 04:37:17 am »

Hurgh.  I feel lucky to be headed straight for the ivory tower at breakneck speed whenever I hear you two talking about your jobs.

4 problems left (for the set due tomorrow).  I'm sleeping 5 hours and getting up to finish the suckers off, since I've been informed that if I don't, it will be Extremely Bad.  This may mean another clothed nap on the floor like I used to take last semester, but at the very least my homework sets will be done on time.  RARRRRRRRRGH!!!

Some part of me knows precisely how pointless and futile this all is.  When I was a little kid, I wanted so badly to do something good and important for mankind.  I started studying to become a doctor when I was 5, headed straight for the future as fast as I could manage.  I entered this university as a mechanical engineer, thinking I was going to work with Engineers without Borders.

Then I fell in love with mathematics and all purpose to my life went out the window.  It's upsetting.  I'm going to be more useless than artists and English majors, because at least they'll be employed in something useful (no matter what they do).  I'm studying a widely unappreciated art/science that none but masters of the field really enjoy--and to what end?  Little sleep, forgetting to eat, almost no spare time, severe stress, and a mind so heavily geared towards mathematics that I'm constantly thinking about problems and make fun of those unfortunate enough to speak imprecisely.

I almost feel like I can't relate to people anymore, and that scares me.  Everything is a problem to be solved, a knot of string which admits an elegant solution.  There is almost nothing left but patterns and figures.

I wanted so badly to get to this point, but now that I'm arriving I'm frightened of what will happen next.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: March 18, 2010, 04:42:50 am »

God I'd hate to be as intelligent as you.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: March 18, 2010, 05:08:18 am »

I wanted so badly to get to this point, but now that I'm arriving I'm frightened of what will happen next.

Well, you could always get your PhD, flip the bird to academia, and start making indie games on a shoestring budget.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: March 18, 2010, 07:04:52 am »

I hate this thread.  Every time I see the title, it reminds me of how many little things in my own life bother me, of how small those things are, of how much time I spend here, and of how I'm afraid to open it up and read about other people's lives.  But I've finally got a sad issue I can't let go without trying to write about.  And as appropriately sad as it is to say so, this is the best option I have to say it to.

So yeah, I'm a little sad right now.  But at least I finally worked up the gumption to say so, even if it's to an especially nerdy corner of the electronic wilderness.  I mean, I like you guys and all, but it's not like there's anything you can do for me, save for providing a place to vent.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 07:10:20 am by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: March 18, 2010, 10:53:09 am »

Aqizzar, I can only provide commiseration, as this is a problem I too share... and a in the spirit of the internet, a link to something that I found, which helped me address this within myself. I'm far from over chronic procrastination/apathy/inaction, but I'd like to think that in recognizing it, I can bring myself to address it more often.

Best thing to do is not dwell on past lack of achievement, and do things now. Think of the things you want to do, and just do them. As much of a cliche as it is to say, "Sieze the Day". Don't put off to tomorrow what your could be doing today.

An innocuous, though potentially poignant, link.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: March 18, 2010, 12:03:02 pm »

My cat was so scared of going to the vet it pissed itself on my lap.

Kitpup

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fuzzy One
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3444 on: March 18, 2010, 12:26:37 pm »

Spoiler: "Lesbians" (click to show/hide)
Quote from: My Brain
Dig little diggah, dig!
Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: March 18, 2010, 01:10:06 pm »

As much as you apparently don't like shouting into the ether of the internet Aqizzar, atleast know that I still think you're really talented. You put alot of thoughts into words that I have massive trouble articulating, and that's admirable to me.

I'll stew on everything you've told us Aqizzar, because I can empathize with your troubles, and I'll see if I can provide any tidbit of advice or whathaveyou that might help in even the smallest way.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: March 18, 2010, 01:58:47 pm »

So my mom is cleaning my brother's old room. In his closet, she finds a bunch of my sister's porcelain dolls(and 2 baby banks). She props them on a table which is just opposite of where I sleep. D:

THEY'RE CREEPY!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: March 18, 2010, 02:15:18 pm »

Oh man.  My mother had (well, still has) this antique clown doll, exactly, and I mean ex-fucking-actly like the one in Poltergeist.  Scared the shit out of me when I was a kid, and I'd never even seen Poltergeist.  It was just that creepy.  And everyone who sees it to this day says the same thing.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: March 18, 2010, 02:22:13 pm »

Oh Jesus. My aunt sent us a few marionettes once. They just... they stare.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: March 18, 2010, 02:52:59 pm »

My ascended grandma gave me a doll thing a while back.
It has a wind up thing on it's back and makes noises that don't sound very doll like.
The problem starts when it's 12am, I'm at my desk, and I hear the tink-a-tink from the doll, even though it's suppose to be like, not wound up.
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 8167