Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9466881 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #3450 on: March 18, 2010, 03:54:44 pm »

Reading Aqizzars rant I were reminded abaut how belivably huge amounts of potential and intelligence in the world is for varius reasons hold up and envaporated to no use, and of all the trivial, trivial things that if they were posible to change could make the world such a better place. D:
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: March 18, 2010, 05:55:08 pm »

I have an older brother who is about 25. A bit over a year a go, he got a woman pregnant. He decided to take responsiblity and they got married. This marriage is has been around about a year, and I found out today that it is not working out for either of them and they are getting a divorce. :(
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: March 18, 2010, 08:04:12 pm »

Borked up a test due to piss poor preparation. Goddamn it. I'm resitting it, just to prove I can actually do this. Because I know I can, I'm just lazy.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: March 18, 2010, 08:16:56 pm »

I've been feeling uncultured lately, and I just realized it's because I've never seen the original Terminator.

:/  Setting the bar a little low.
Shoes...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: March 18, 2010, 08:19:15 pm »

It's a corn fest, but it has its moments.
I'd prefer number 3 didn't exist though.
Salvation or whatever I haven't even SEEN.  I don't know, I just have some prejuice against it.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3455 on: March 18, 2010, 08:29:18 pm »

Just got a hair cut. Needed it, yes, and didn't mind it. However, I've been advised to shave in order to complete the look. So tonight's my last night with facial hair. :(

It's nice to be complemented that I look many times better, but when it gets to the point that I'm advised to get a job in modeling, that's where I sorta draw the line.

Last thing I need is my face plastered all over the place. I don't care how good I may look. Not my style of living.

On the bright side, my head feels 2 pounds lighter.

EDIT:
Personally, if my customers respect me exponentially more now I have my hair trimmed and soon my facial hair removed; I'm going to be really pissed off. Apparently most people I'm involved with are Graphics > Gameplay; or so to put it, "Looks means absolutely everything; who gives a fuck about function?"
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 08:35:20 pm by Itnetlolor »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: March 18, 2010, 09:27:02 pm »

It's a corn fest, but it has its moments.
I'd prefer number 3 didn't exist though.
Salvation or whatever I haven't even SEEN.  I don't know, I just have some prejuice against it.

I saw Salvation, the action was cool but the movie overall sucked.  Also, apparently due to that movie the Terminator IP is worth a bag of stale circus peanuts.
Shoes...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: March 18, 2010, 09:28:46 pm »

I never got that film. I mean, Christian Bale lost it because someone interrupted him during an emotional scene, right? But I never saw him get emotional in that movie, not really. He was more robotic than the main terminator.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 09:31:50 pm by Jackrabbit »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: March 18, 2010, 09:35:04 pm »

Christian Bale's just an over-appreciated manchild.  That's the gist of it.

The whole movie was just a series of nods to fans of the old movies, punctuated by action sequences.

Watching the original now.  I must say, Ahnold's non-acting lends itself really well to the soulless automaton role.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 09:50:31 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3459 on: March 18, 2010, 09:52:05 pm »

Okay, my graphics card is still giving me hell. It seems that ever since I updated the driver to the latest version (nVidia 196.21 for those curious), and I'm getting all sorts of artifacts all over the screen and having my computer acting up. Even spontaneously going into sleep mode or inexplicably shutting down. Power-saver it seems.

So far, looking for help online is turning up... not good.

Once again, I'm going to uninstall and reinstall the drivers and hope I can find a way to clean up and sanitize the problem.

Bright side, my sister still owes me a computer upgrade as a birthday gift. Unfortunately, why does this crap have to happen in the first place?

NOTE: I'm writing this while in Safe Mode, and it's still giving me hell. In fact, I even get artifacts on the BIOS screen. It's been like this for the past few days. The good news is that I don't smell any blue smoke yet.

EDIT:
As it would turn out, they're still rolling out new drivers, but my graphics card is an out-mode, apparently. :facepalm: I guess whenever possible, I'll have to claim my birthday present and get myself a new graphics card then.

Oh yeah, and it's also an error involving the dreaded nvlddmkm error. Apparently it has symptoms involving persistent BSODs.

I can't wait until I get my Mac Mini back. That little guy has been a helpful debugger despite being a Mac helping a PC. Actually it was more like an alternative method to getting the information I need whenever my PC goes to crap. Not the first time apparently. Furthermore, my card for the curious, is a GeForce 8600 GTX, I think. I suppose I'm due for an update? I'll see if I can at least salvage it by finding an older driver version first.

EDIT EDIT:
Did a few unorthodox methods found online. Looks like it's working so far. Restting machine to be sure. Plus I found my old driver files, thank God. Just in case, I can still install them.

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
I think it's fixed now. About damn time. Let's hope I don't have to deal with that again. I just tried using everything that I remeber usually brought up the problem most often. I don't see it going on yet. I think I did it.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 11:23:01 pm by Itnetlolor »

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: March 18, 2010, 09:52:35 pm »

I may be overseas and not having any time/access to play computer games by the time the new DF release comes out.

Still worth it tho
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: March 18, 2010, 09:57:00 pm »

I keep on losing in SteamBirds, level 1949! DAMN YOU, ARMOR GAMES!!!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: March 18, 2010, 10:03:54 pm »

I am sad today.
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: March 19, 2010, 12:28:17 am »

Edited: I am easily irritable and as such may be saying things I should not say, such as "I hate all people" which is mostly true in the "why are they making things sucky right now" sort of way.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 01:39:36 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: March 19, 2010, 01:25:15 am »

Then I fell in love with mathematics and all purpose to my life went out the window.  It's upsetting.  I'm going to be more useless than artists and English majors, because at least they'll be employed in something useful (no matter what they do).  I'm studying a widely unappreciated art/science that none but masters of the field really enjoy--and to what end?  Little sleep, forgetting to eat, almost no spare time, severe stress, and a mind so heavily geared towards mathematics that I'm constantly thinking about problems and make fun of those unfortunate enough to speak imprecisely.
Trouble is, if we find a job that actually makes use of our talents, more than likely there will be someone there to ensure our good ideas are ruined (speaking as a Creative Writing grad here).  I personally believe that behind every movie/game/book with a bad story, a good writer was trying to make something beautiful and got overruled by a executive flunky who wouldn't know good writing even if you beat him to death with it.  I've wished I could have been a mathmetician at times, sure I can easily spell nearly every word in the dictionary, but basic mental math still trips me up like no other.  My talents essentially govern something with only aesthetic appeal and no tangible form; I have to contend with readers/writers of different tastes, changing styles and rules, and grapple with my inner self to produce truly honest work.  A good story is just a story, while mathematics is used for practically everything and is capable of producing impartial truth.  None of us can even answer the simple question of "what is a good story?"
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 02:21:24 pm by Euld »
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 8167