Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9451132 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #2415 on: February 01, 2010, 12:47:11 am »

It'll come back.

Also, this course of action is not surprising.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Creaca

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: February 01, 2010, 12:48:41 am »

I just assumed it had reached the maximum number of posts or something.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: February 01, 2010, 12:48:52 am »

My thread got locked. You know, half the reason I even come here?

I blame all of you for this.

This makes me sad too.
It was also half the reason I come here.
The GD anyway.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: February 01, 2010, 12:49:03 am »

I hope they unlock it.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: February 01, 2010, 12:49:30 am »

It was really the work of one person, so if people can act without the mentality of a ten year old joking about poo, it'll be back.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: February 01, 2010, 12:51:03 am »

I saw the mute coming, not the lock. I assume/hope it's temporary while Threetoe cleans up the OMFG HILARIOUS posts.

EDIT : And, as I was typing that, apparently it was being unlocked. So yay.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: February 01, 2010, 01:47:41 am »

DAMNIT! What is this noise?! There's a high pitched tone in my house, and I don't know what's causing it!

It's driving me nuts! It's not my ears, my ears aren't this loud, and I can't tell where it's originating. This has never happened before, and it's giving me a headache!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: February 01, 2010, 01:51:43 am »

That happens to me a lot. Theory: Ears popping for some reason.

Also it happens whenever an electronic device is turned on which means I KNOW WHEN THE TV IS BEING TURNED ON FROM ACROSS THE HOUSE.

Everyone seems to be able to do this, but I like to think it's a superpower. I'd be the most inefficient, wit spewing superhero ever and everyone would love me.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: February 01, 2010, 01:59:44 am »

Oh hey, I found the source. It was a toy oven that belongs to my little sister that was set on a timer, and gives off an AGGRAVATING HIGH PITCHED WAILING NOISE THAT NEVER ENDS when it hits zero. What's annoying is that the toy was hidden in a place I never bother looking.

The toy industry needs to adopt a new standard I just invented. Where, if a toy designer releases a toy that makes noise, a sample group measures the aggravation potential of the noise on a scale of 1 to 10. Once a consensus has been reached, they take the score, go to the person that designed the toy, and break as many fingers as his toy's level of aggravation.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: February 01, 2010, 02:01:40 am »

That happens to me a lot. Theory: Ears popping for some reason.

Also it happens whenever an electronic device is turned on which means I KNOW WHEN THE TV IS BEING TURNED ON FROM ACROSS THE HOUSE.

Everyone seems to be able to do this, but I like to think it's a superpower. I'd be the most inefficient, wit spewing superhero ever and everyone would love me.

All big clunky electronics make a high pitched noise.
I always know when one of those shitty tv's we have are on, you can hear them 40 feet away.
Even the heater and watersoftner and shit behind me makes that noise sometimes.
The computer screen makes it.
Hell my fucking VCR makes it. And that damn DTV box so fucking loud when its off. AND ITS ALWAYS OFF.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: February 01, 2010, 02:06:41 am »

Not everyone actually. Most people below the age of 20 can, but after that the majority of people lose the ability to hear sounds of that frequency.(which leads to some rather amusing uses for it: I have a device that generates it at random intervals. Loud. placed in a classroom it causes the teacher to think the students have gone insane)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: February 01, 2010, 02:07:56 am »

Oh hey, I found the source. It was a toy oven that belongs to my little sister that was set on a timer, and gives off an AGGRAVATING HIGH PITCHED WAILING NOISE THAT NEVER ENDS when it hits zero. What's annoying is that the toy was hidden in a place I never bother looking.

The toy industry needs to adopt a new standard I just invented. Where, if a toy designer releases a toy that makes noise, a sample group measures the aggravation potential of the noise on a scale of 1 to 10. Once a consensus has been reached, they take the score, go to the person that designed the toy, and break as many fingers as his toy's level of aggravation.

So what you're saying is every toy designer who incorporates noise should have their fingers broken as a sign of how long they've been in the business.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: February 01, 2010, 02:09:13 am »

So what you're saying is every toy designer who incorporates noise should have their fingers broken as a sign of how long they've been in the business.

Exactly.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: February 01, 2010, 04:25:32 am »

Demonophobia wasnt anywhere near as Horrible as i was told.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: February 01, 2010, 04:32:32 am »

Huh. I guess the net hasn't desensitized me yet.
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 8167