Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6283 6284 [6285] 6286 6287 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9466100 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #94260 on: June 16, 2015, 06:31:49 pm »

Well my Aunt died today...

>_< this isn't boding well.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94261 on: June 16, 2015, 06:34:56 pm »

I'm sorry to hear that Neo, my condolences on your loss.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94262 on: June 16, 2015, 06:52:50 pm »

That's awful, Neonivek ):
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94263 on: June 16, 2015, 07:03:02 pm »

This is a terrible time for it to speak frankly

Because I don't have time to grieve between Antidepressant switching, trying to make some friends, and hopefully getting a job.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94264 on: June 16, 2015, 07:10:58 pm »

Sounds like you've got the best remedy for grief. Distraction!

But yeah my condolences.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #94265 on: June 16, 2015, 11:07:41 pm »

Sigh....

My life has felt like it's been about nothing but work for way too long... haven't felt like I've had a restful period since October of last year.  And it's not getting better anytime soon.  I've worked all but two days out of the past month.  Fucking burned out.  Motivation and enthusiasm from the promotion is wearing off.  At least it feels that way tonight.  I knew this was going to suck, but expectation isn't comfort.

Doesn't help that as soon as I got promoted, the one coworker that I desperately needed to be able to depend on drastically shifted her attitude towards me, and now seems intent on dragging me down.  Turns out she has really fucked up attitudes towards authority.  She's really dodgy whenever I try to talk to her about it, but the best I can interpret is that she doesn't think I'm taking control and directing the team enough... but when I do, it's a sign that I've changed and the position has "gone to my head".  She complains whenever work isn't falling into her lap for a few minutes, but also complains if anything involves more work on her part than she thinks it should.  Seriously, wtf.  And she wasn't doing this shit back when there was no supervisor.

Feeling more alone than ever before in my life... and that's pretty bad.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 11:09:13 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #94266 on: June 16, 2015, 11:32:24 pm »

Spent ~2 hours or more on modding DF raws for a single creature. The results are less than I expected.

Feels like I just wasted time. Greeeeeeeeeat.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94267 on: June 16, 2015, 11:55:42 pm »

It is extraordinarily difficult to fully remove the smell of the oil, smoke, and industrial lubricant that work puts me into contact with. I've only been back on the job for two days, and even after a persistent wash with more than one round of soap and body wash I can still clearly, if relatively faintly, make out the smell.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #94268 on: June 17, 2015, 12:51:52 am »

This is the fourth time I've tried to attend college. This is the fourth time I've failed to attend college. At least, it's going to be. All I can think about is that I'm worthless and how I'm a failure and that my dad was right, that I can't finish anything, that I can never actually be a responsible adult because I've never been able to handle any sort of responsibility.
I hate myself for saying this stuff but I can't help it. It's probably true anyway. I should just hospitalize myself before I make any more huge mistakes.
As someone who's been in a very similar scenario (to what you posted here, probably not anything else about your life), it's not really true. The negative downtalk they pile on you over the years colors your perceptions of yourself - or at least it sure as hell did/still does me. You're worth more than that, though, what with what everyone else has said and the fact that you've kept on going back to college so many times. That takes dedication.

Sigh....

My life has felt like it's been about nothing but work for way too long... haven't felt like I've had a restful period since October of last year.  And it's not getting better anytime soon.  I've worked all but two days out of the past month.  Fucking burned out.  Motivation and enthusiasm from the promotion is wearing off.  At least it feels that way tonight.  I knew this was going to suck, but expectation isn't comfort.

Doesn't help that as soon as I got promoted, the one coworker that I desperately needed to be able to depend on drastically shifted her attitude towards me, and now seems intent on dragging me down.  Turns out she has really fucked up attitudes towards authority.  She's really dodgy whenever I try to talk to her about it, but the best I can interpret is that she doesn't think I'm taking control and directing the team enough... but when I do, it's a sign that I've changed and the position has "gone to my head".  She complains whenever work isn't falling into her lap for a few minutes, but also complains if anything involves more work on her part than she thinks it should.  Seriously, wtf.  And she wasn't doing this shit back when there was no supervisor.

Feeling more alone than ever before in my life... and that's pretty bad.
Argh. I feel for you, man. Unfortunately I can't offer any advice for your scenario apart from 'hope that human dickishness stops existing', but I do sympathize with the ordeal you're going through. Haven't gone through something of that intensity myself, and I hope never to, but I hope it gets better for you.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #94269 on: June 17, 2015, 01:29:58 am »

Some fucker poisoned my dog just this winter. I still get little anger-seizures just thinking about it. Maybe being angry is just naturally easier on the mind than being sad.
I will never get another dog while I'm living in the city, though. I don't think he was happy just sitting in our apartment all day and walking around our block, given how much he liked walking in the woods back at my grandma's dacha. Plus here, there are infinite chances to be a shitbag and poison somebody's dog and get away with it.

Somebody poisoned your dog !?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94270 on: June 17, 2015, 01:32:46 am »

Yeah, processor'd potato is kinda excessive. Thought it might appeal to Yoink, though.
Nah, I just mash it with a fork and that works for me. I'm not that lazy. >.>
The reason this batch wound up lumpy was because I had these huge-ass potatoes and forgot to cut them small enough.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94271 on: June 17, 2015, 01:34:29 am »

I just use potato flakes.  Keep forever, and thicken soup into stew real good.
Or, frankly, serve as a convenient DGAF meal.

Edit: With water, I mean.  Tap water.  Makes a neat, easy gruel.  When I can be assed I do chop potatoes into the stews.  But sometimes I just need some carbs.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 01:36:47 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94272 on: June 17, 2015, 01:40:01 am »

Gross, dude. :-X 
That reminds me, you can buy bagged "mashed potato" at the supermarket. Just add water. Ew.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94273 on: June 17, 2015, 01:41:33 am »

Get into a cage fight with them to make Dear Leader cry. Always works for me.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94274 on: June 17, 2015, 01:43:36 am »

Gross, dude. :-X 
That reminds me, you can buy bagged "mashed potato" at the supermarket. Just add water. Ew.
Well yeah, that's what potato flakes are.  Add water, it becomes a room-temperature mess of mashed potato.  Consume, live, resolve to make a better meal next time.
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 6283 6284 [6285] 6286 6287 ... 8167