Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6148 6149 [6150] 6151 6152 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9466287 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #92235 on: April 22, 2015, 02:15:58 pm »

Thanks... I appreciate it, both of you. Also, I'd totally not snub any available internet hugs. I understand y'all are good at those.

Sidenote; is there a secret telepathic brainwave that goes out and tells your previous Exes to contact you out of the blue right after a new break up, to tell you how happy they are, etc.? Because that timing was almost too precise for coincidence. :(

Clearly they're all talking shit about you behind your back. They may even be behi d this receny unexpected breakup.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92236 on: April 22, 2015, 02:24:09 pm »

Clearly they're all talking shit about you behind your back. They may even be behi d this receny unexpected breakup.
Yes and there is also a radio receiving wire embedded in his tooth.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92237 on: April 22, 2015, 03:46:11 pm »

I have terrible luck.

Just a few days after my iPod was stolen, I take out my tablet to find that the internal screen has been cracked to the point I can't even use it any more. There goes about two-hundred dollars. But no, that's not where my absolutely-fucking-terrific day ends. I chipped a present I got from a friend only moments after it was given to me, had my yogurt explode in my lunchbox, and found a pee stain on my bed comforter upon returning home (and not in the most desirable way.) I also have to change the passwords to all of my accounts, to ensure I don't get hacked by the guy who's parading around school with my iPod--which, I might add, has most likely been wiped clean by now. There goes my progress with Ace Attorney, the pictures and videos I've amassed over the years, and the money that was spent on the device.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 03:52:19 pm by technicallyAdventurer »
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #92238 on: April 22, 2015, 03:54:38 pm »

My condolences, tech.
And my hugs.
*hug*
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #92239 on: April 22, 2015, 04:10:02 pm »

Aw man, not more stuff. D:

I hope things work out for you in the end.

*hug*
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #92240 on: April 22, 2015, 04:23:40 pm »

I have terrible luck.

Just a few days after my iPod was stolen, I take out my tablet to find that the internal screen has been cracked to the point I can't even use it any more. There goes about two-hundred dollars. But no, that's not where my absolutely-fucking-terrific day ends. I chipped a present I got from a friend only moments after it was given to me, had my yogurt explode in my lunchbox, and found a pee stain on my bed comforter upon returning home (and not in the most desirable way.) I also have to change the passwords to all of my accounts, to ensure I don't get hacked by the guy who's parading around school with my iPod--which, I might add, has most likely been wiped clean by now. There goes my progress with Ace Attorney, the pictures and videos I've amassed over the years, and the money that was spent on the device.

Sorry to hear about that TA :/

public school is rough man

*internethugs*

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92241 on: April 22, 2015, 04:38:09 pm »

I have terrible luck.

Aww butts, when it rains it pours. Don't know of any fixes for most of that, but you -can- replace the glass or digitizer on a tablet if you're willing to go in for repairs, or risk doing it yourself. All you need is a hair drier or heat gun, a uv lamp like those found in a nail drier, some tiny screwdrivers, replacement parts, and a delicate hand. I trashed a phone trying to replace the glass once, but it is doable, and can cut the price of replacing an otherwise working device in half. And it's kinda fun.

In any case, here's to a better day tomorrow.

Heh... probably not the case, but a good conspiracy theorist is always on the look out for distant conclusions to jump to. I don't think they know each other, and there's a few thousands miles between the three of us that would make gossip unlikely. I'm glad she's happy and things are working out for her, but it's just one of those Synchronicity things that stings a bit right now.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #92242 on: April 22, 2015, 05:01:18 pm »

That reminds me, wouldn't it be funny if Apple came out with iGrillz?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #92243 on: April 22, 2015, 05:20:20 pm »

I am tired and can't be bothered getting up. I have an assignment due today that I never even started, and I have another due next week which I also haven't started.

Did I mention that I'm tired? Because I'm really sodding tired.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92244 on: April 22, 2015, 08:12:31 pm »

That sucks, man - but
the guy who's parading around school with my iPod
what the fuck?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #92245 on: April 22, 2015, 08:35:57 pm »

That sucks, man - but
what the fuck?
To be honest, I've been wondering this as well. Have you confronted him about it? Told anybody?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92246 on: April 22, 2015, 08:47:01 pm »

aaaa my 29th birthday's tomorrow aaaa
I may or may not post a life advice thread, but in a nutshell I'm freaking out over visiting my family.  Again.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92247 on: April 22, 2015, 08:52:20 pm »

That sucks, man - but
what the fuck?
To be honest, I've been wondering this as well. Have you confronted him about it? Told anybody?
Don't you think I would've?

I haven't seen the guy. The only thing I have to go on is a description my friend gave me. Except he only offered an incredibly vague one that doesn't narrow the search by much. He did tell me that the guy was holding an iPod identical to mine—same cover, same lock screen—without me saying anything detailed about it's appearance.

I've told practically everyone who would care to listen, asked them if they picked it up or if they know anyone who has. I'm losing hope that I'll ever see it again, honestly. I've done about everything I can do, aside from asking more people.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 08:54:44 pm by technicallyAdventurer »
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92248 on: April 22, 2015, 09:39:03 pm »

Have you told the authorities in the school? If you can provide things like case, lock screen photo, password, contents of the iPod, etc, they may look into it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92249 on: April 22, 2015, 09:47:49 pm »

I already reported it. It's probably not going to do anything, though. Kids report acts of bullying, and the school never gets back to them. I don't even know why we have the option to report stuff, since we actually don't.
Pages: 1 ... 6148 6149 [6150] 6151 6152 ... 8167