Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5953 5954 [5955] 5956 5957 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429173 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #89310 on: March 01, 2015, 05:14:28 pm »

*MC walks in and sprays everyone with a fire extinguisher*

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go write hate letters and chase skirts.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #89311 on: March 01, 2015, 05:17:52 pm »

Keep on being awesome, Truean. You're a seriously impressive person, and you ought to be able to be recognized for it. Damn your surroundings, and the jerkasses they're full of.

In unrelated news, my apartment is frickin' freezing, so I'm logically fairly cool. Certainly, I'm not warm. Do I have to stop liking people?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #89312 on: March 01, 2015, 05:32:40 pm »

No motivation. Pretty large workload. It is thirty-five degrees outside, and the ice on the sidewalks is slowly being melted by rain.

uggggggggggggh I can't

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #89313 on: March 01, 2015, 05:46:15 pm »

Do I have to stop liking people?

I would like all of you, but I can't find your fan pages on Facebook.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #89314 on: March 01, 2015, 05:52:30 pm »

Oh, my Facebook is... Um... Wait my girlfriend changed my name a while ago and I don't remember what she changed it to. Not that I was using my real name anyways, or my Bay12 name... Good luck. :P

Argh, I hate headaches. I can't even sleep it off either, so ugh. Or take painkillers, because they don't work on me! >:(

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #89315 on: March 01, 2015, 06:48:39 pm »

Thank you. God it is just ... so difficult to explain anything that's going on with me and some of it I'm not allowed to explain and that makes it harder. All of this makes it seem "right" or "correct" when I say or think bad things about myself or my future (negative self talk). That's really bad depression stuff.

It feels so odd to try and self promote myself, but that's somehow become a necessity today. It's even harder with all the crap surrounding me. I am a good person. I've given up a great deal to do the right thing, repeatedly. The reason I haven't been phenomenally successful is actually because society just sucks for no reason. I'm able to get through this and will be ok....

Why are those things so incredibly difficult to say, and why do they feel wrong?
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89316 on: March 01, 2015, 06:50:53 pm »

Am I... not cool?
AM I NOT PRETTY ENUF/

In true seriousness, Tiruin blows the Objective theory out of the water, what with being 1. Visibly upbeat 2. Always cheering people up 3. Generally asexual.

I'd just go with all of the forum's 'cool' people being people who've been here a while and don't care about how cool they are.
Point being, everyone stop caring about how cool you are and you may become cooler.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #89317 on: March 01, 2015, 06:55:25 pm »

Well.
You can also be KING RADICAAAAAAAL.
King Radical be rad, yo.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #89318 on: March 01, 2015, 07:00:33 pm »

Why are those things so incredibly difficult to say, and why do they feel wrong?
Because of social pressure :-\
All of this makes it seem "right" or "correct" when I say or think bad things about myself or my future (negative self talk). That's really bad depression stuff.
Hmm...this may seem like you may be lacking the 'tools' to handle destructive thoughts, rather than knowing and being aware of them? :-\

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89319 on: March 01, 2015, 07:01:35 pm »

Personally when the subject of 'cool' comes around, I'm thrown under a blanket of nostalgia for the old days.
I miss those times, when Toonyman was immature enough to be hilarious, but not so immature as to be obnoxious, and WD, Janet, Jackrabbit and Duke ran rampant with it. Any forum topic could spontaneously turn into a dragon slaying RP or something, and there was few enough people that everyone got into it and went along with it. It was less like a forum and more like a clubhouse, with every member getting their profile picture done by Vester, and the whole thing grumpily governed by Aqizzar.
I unfortunately only really 'got big into' the lower boards towards the end of those times, so I mostly watched, annoyed the blazing hell out of everyone and argued passionately with Neruz over Everything, but them were still rather nice days, and if I'm completely honest I reflect on them with more aching sadness and regret than I do my meatspace childhood.

Edit: Thinking on it, I'm assuming a bunch of the old guard would probably have varying reactions to being reminded of those days, but... eh.. it made me sad today.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 07:07:47 pm by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #89320 on: March 01, 2015, 07:02:58 pm »

Well.
You can also be KING RADICAAAAAAAL.
King Radical be rad, yo.
Is he RadMan?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #89321 on: March 01, 2015, 07:08:05 pm »

Well, maybe I'm biased because nowadays the "cool" members just seem mildly annoyed by the existence of the new members and think we're idiots.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89322 on: March 01, 2015, 07:08:12 pm »

But really, that's awesome of you to say, Descan.  Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.  :P
Boyfriend said "... Ew," to that. Me, I think that's pretty apt. Apt, I say!

Thank ye. c:
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89323 on: March 01, 2015, 07:12:01 pm »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #89324 on: March 01, 2015, 07:12:37 pm »

grisha5
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 04:56:35 pm by penguinofhonor »
Pages: 1 ... 5953 5954 [5955] 5956 5957 ... 8167