Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5885 5886 [5887] 5888 5889 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9431067 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #88290 on: February 12, 2015, 06:33:52 pm »

Yes OW that is definitely how these things work.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88291 on: February 12, 2015, 06:38:03 pm »

Which reminds me.
Quote from: The first ragethread poster
We've had other threads like this. They all wind up locked or deleted.

The wheel of rage turns, and rages come and pass...
. . . And so the Rage was vanquished from the realm, sealed away in its unearthly prison by the mighty Toad.  One day it is said that the greed of man shall once more unleash its hatred upon us all like a blight, but until then it sleeps, dreaming of its return.
Iä, iä, Ragethulu WRAGHRLEBLARGLEAERGH
Argh. No guys.

It was the beginning of a rage, not The rage, for all rages come and pass on the wheel of whine.

Had to find the original quote and bludgeon it down:
"The Wheel of Whine turns, and rages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legends fade to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Rage that gave it birth comes again. In one Rage, called the third age by some, a Rage yet to come, a Rage long past, a whinge rose in the Mountains of Wist. The whinge was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings or endings to the turning of the Wheel of Whine. But it was A beginning."
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 06:42:58 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #88292 on: February 12, 2015, 06:47:24 pm »

Problem is, the main pathway of the uni is absolutely plastered with bike racks (at least 3 in front of every building), is generally the best way to reach any point on campus, but has few access points to the bike-allowed pathways (otherwise you have to carry the bike up/down many stairs), and said bike-okay pathways have almost no bike racks. It's as if the main way was designed with bikes in mind, but they were later banned from it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88293 on: February 12, 2015, 06:47:49 pm »

"The Wheel of Whine turns, and rages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legends fade to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Rage that gave it birth comes again. In one Rage, called the third age by some, a Rage yet to come, a Rage long past, a whinge rose in the Mountains of Wist. The whinge was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings or endings to the turning of the Wheel of Whine. But it was A beginning."
I much prefer, "Wheel of Morality, turn, turn, turn. Tell us the lesson that we should learn. People who live in glass houses should get dressed with the lights out."
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 06:49:30 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #88294 on: February 12, 2015, 06:55:21 pm »

I sure don't. Bikes are great.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88295 on: February 12, 2015, 06:55:56 pm »

The problem is that cyclists then go on the road, and whine when they get killed by traffic that had no chance of stopping in time for the dumbass cyclist leaping out in front of them.
* Descan stares at Orange Wizard

Please tell me you're joking. Please. I can't handle actually tangentially knowing someone that stupid.

please
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #88296 on: February 12, 2015, 07:03:56 pm »

The problem is that cyclists then go on the road, and whine when they get killed by traffic that had no chance of stopping in time for the dumbass cyclist leaping out in front of them.

Please tell me you're joking. Please. I can't handle actually tangentially knowing someone that stupid.
I'm mostly joking. I know that's not quite how it works :P.

I merely find cyclists incredibly annoying.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #88297 on: February 12, 2015, 07:06:17 pm »

please
I've actually seen a number of cyclists at my college nearly fall into this category. Seriously, trying to cut across the road 10' in front of the oncoming bus at 25 mph is not a good way to get in anyone's good books (except God's maybe).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88298 on: February 12, 2015, 07:15:30 pm »

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #88299 on: February 12, 2015, 07:24:10 pm »

The real problem is with the city planners. What they should do is set aside part of the sidewalk as a bike only lane, or a create a strip of the street between the sidewalk and the parked cars.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #88300 on: February 12, 2015, 07:34:20 pm »

Only if you ride it where people are walking.

The real problem is with the city planners. What they should do is set aside part of the sidewalk as a bike only lane, or a create a strip of the street between the sidewalk and the parked cars.

In most areas bikes are considered vehicles and have to follow the same rules of the road as cars. That's why they put the bikes lanes on the side of the road, because bikes belong on the road with other vehicles, not on the sidewalk with pedestrians.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88301 on: February 12, 2015, 08:03:31 pm »

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88302 on: February 12, 2015, 08:09:36 pm »

My problem with the typical cyclist is that after years of argument and legislation, we now have laws regarding their responsibilities on the road.  AND NONE OF THEM FOLLOW THE LAWS.  Okay, that is definitely an exaggeration, but I cannot tell you how many times I have seen cyclists fail to follow simple rules like 'Ride single file unless passing.', or 'Stay in the bicycle lane.'
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #88303 on: February 12, 2015, 08:18:42 pm »

Man there's a lot of locks on the board right now. :(

True dat
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88304 on: February 12, 2015, 11:01:28 pm »

My problem with the typical cyclist is that after years of argument and legislation, we now have laws regarding their responsibilities on the road.  AND NONE OF THEM FOLLOW THE LAWS.  Okay, that is definitely an exaggeration, but I cannot tell you how many times I have seen cyclists fail to follow simple rules like 'Ride single file unless passing.', or 'Stay in the bicycle lane.'
Everyone thinks they are the exception.
Pages: 1 ... 5885 5886 [5887] 5888 5889 ... 8167