Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4537 4538 [4539] 4540 4541 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9415223 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #68070 on: December 04, 2013, 12:37:46 am »

I recommend that you start not hating yourself, as your start Cmega3. Part of that is also in the self-perception or personal outlook. :(

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68071 on: December 04, 2013, 12:54:38 am »

I've done some incredibly shitty things in my life. Let's get this straight. I am not the nicest person. Let me provide a small sample of examples:
-I slept with a woman I didn't find very attractive, lied to her about finding her attractive, completely failed to take her feelings into account, and got her fired from the job we both worked at after the relationship failed, as I knew it would.
-I emotionally abused my first girlfriend, was clingy and acted like a colossal asshole for a very long time.
-I used drugs as a crutch, allowing them to alter my personality for the worse. At one point, when I was still living in my apartment, I would have killed people, I stole from people, I lied to everyone, I kept everyone at arm's length, and I seriously screwed up a few people's lives at this time.
-I took advantage of a (legal age, mind you, just younger.) younger girl who didn't know what she was doing with herself.
-I drank before the legal age limit, drove dangerously, drove intoxicated, drove while so intoxicated I was blacked out, did drugs every where and anywhere I could, took drugs everywhere I went, and generally acted like an asshole ninety percent of the time.
-I manipulate and mislead almost everyone I know in meatspace on a daily basis. I've become so skilled at it that I have an entire County's staff of the Justice Department believing my lies.

For all this, I don't hate myself. If I can not hate myself, you certainly should be able to. It's really easy to not hate yourself. You are just a human being. Everyone has faults, some more severe than others. Our flaws are what makes us special and unique. For everything I have done, I know that I am trying to be a better person. And I only told the things I did wrong up there. I wasn't the only one committing wrongs, but I have to own up to my faults and not try to blame them on anyone else's actions, because at the end of the day, that is all stuff I knowingly did. I have forgiven myself, grudgingly, unhappily, and moved on to learning from those mistakes.

I am going to give you the ultimate guide to knowing if you are a good person or not:

Do you learn from your mistakes and try not to make them again? Do you try your best to do what is right? If yes, you are a good person. Stop worrying. If no, you aren't listening anyways, good luck with that.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68072 on: December 04, 2013, 02:57:24 am »

* kaijyuu cheers at Hans.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68073 on: December 04, 2013, 05:18:22 am »

Also, the last point. I keep doing the same failing tactics in games. Does that count?
Analyze those tactics (I've convicted myself of that too :P) and see their weaknesses and strengths. Then try a whole new tactic or cobble up those strengths!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #68074 on: December 04, 2013, 09:23:39 am »

Also, the last point. I keep doing the same failing tactics in games. Does that count?
Analyze those tactics (I've convicted myself of that too :P) and see their weaknesses and strengths. Then try a whole new tactic or cobble up those strengths!

Alternatively, analyze your reason for using these tactics. I sometimes resort to sub-optimal tactics because I'm not playing to win, but to vent, or because I'm trying to alleviate boredom (former - kamikaze charge, latter - assorted silliness).

E: As I started to reply to GO, I forgot my reason for opening this thread. Namely: PAAAAAIN. A combination of not always the best posture, wearing a rather heavy bag the last few days, and having to spend a couple of hours sitting, my back is trying to murder me.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 09:25:56 am by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68075 on: December 04, 2013, 10:34:36 am »

I'm sad that I got hyped when I realized a genuine Pokémon TCG online game existed, only to finally try it and have it freeze twice within 20 minutes, each time using over a gig of memory and nearly forcing a reboot.

All I wanted was to have Pokémon card fights for free. :(
(and feed my booster pack opening addiction)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68076 on: December 04, 2013, 11:41:05 am »

I'm sad that I got hyped when I realized a genuine Pokémon TCG online game existed, only to finally try it and have it freeze twice within 20 minutes, each time using over a gig of memory and nearly forcing a reboot.

There's that Gameboy Pokémon TCG. It plays like a mix of the usual pokemon games with gymleaders and you get cards whenever you beat other trainers.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68077 on: December 04, 2013, 12:41:52 pm »

There's that Gameboy Pokémon TCG. It plays like a mix of the usual pokemon games with gymleaders and you get cards whenever you beat other trainers.

Playing that to death years ago was what made me so excited for this one. :P

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #68078 on: December 04, 2013, 01:13:53 pm »

Looked back over the last year whilst doing the time capsule thread.

It's kind of a happy sad, because I've made so much progress. It's just hurt like hell for every single bloody inch, and I still don't know if I'm going to slip back.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68079 on: December 04, 2013, 01:22:34 pm »

Read first story of Fallout Equestria sidestory 'Murky Number 7'(20,000 words rounded down!) and goddamn, that is some good writing.

That guy can convey emotion well. Feels all over the place.

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #68080 on: December 04, 2013, 01:39:43 pm »

For the first time in years, I let a semi-retarded YouTube troll get under my skin today.

The mixture of shame, rage, and disappointment envelops me like an old frenemy.
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68081 on: December 04, 2013, 09:18:21 pm »

This one? There's another one? ... oh, you mentioned an online version.

Hm, looking at a wiki there's a few other ones that were released in Japan but not outside. Linky linky, though from a brief glance, I think they're more like electronic tutorials on how to play then games.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68082 on: December 04, 2013, 09:34:45 pm »

This one? There's another one? ... oh, you mentioned an online version.

Hm, looking at a wiki there's a few other ones that were released in Japan but not outside. Linky linky, though from a brief glance, I think they're more like electronic tutorials on how to play then games.

Pretty sure the Pokemon website has one.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68083 on: December 04, 2013, 11:37:16 pm »

Pretty sure the Pokemon website has one.
Last time I tried it, it was very... beta I guess you could say. It was definitely lacking in features.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68084 on: December 05, 2013, 01:52:11 am »

I just applied full literary analysis on the ol' Ladybird Ladybird song I heard in my youth.

I have an idea why I'm crying now but... It's so depressing..>__<

I think I got hit my the nostalgia train again.
Pages: 1 ... 4537 4538 [4539] 4540 4541 ... 8166