Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4539 4540 [4541] 4542 4543 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9412976 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #68100 on: December 05, 2013, 09:17:35 pm »

This should prolly go in the rage thread instead, but meh..

Misleading advertisement in the Humble Weekly sale:

Unleash your creativity with Multimedia Fusion 2, the software that makes your imagination come to life! Quickly create games or apps for various platforms, such as Windows, iOS, Android, Flash and XNA. With complete control over your game from start to finish and a new event editor system, you'll be able to deploy and tweak your work as you progress. Learn the basics of multimedia creation within an hour and put your imagination and creativity to the test!

See the bolded text? I'd not call it blatant lies, but it's certainly an... enhacement of the truth, so to speak. Sure, MF2 allows you to do that, IF you purchase the relevant export module, which do NOT come along in the bundle, and for what I've been able to gather from around (their website does not work properly) cost around 150$ each.

I'm very, VERY disappointed.

Unoty3d, on the other hand...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #68101 on: December 05, 2013, 09:36:28 pm »

Unoty3d, on the other hand...
I didnt want it because of the games. I wanted to make some simple android apps to "digitalize" the cardboard chemo-dose-calculators-and-whatnot that I drag around and keep them on my tablet :(
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68102 on: December 05, 2013, 09:44:50 pm »

I'd be willing to bet that some of the programmers here on the boards could probably knock that out for you...

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #68103 on: December 05, 2013, 09:58:26 pm »

It's not the same as building something with your own hands and such (anvil-of-crom style). Plus I intended to use it in a complicated political gambit I'm (likely over-)playing around here.

At any rate, I'm going to give a try to the standard  free android SDK as soon as it finishes downloading. Should be more than enough for my purposes.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68104 on: December 05, 2013, 09:59:29 pm »

Okay, nothing wrong with that. Good luck, man.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68105 on: December 05, 2013, 10:17:18 pm »

EDIT: (Okay you know this is just stupid personal stuff I shouldn't tell you guys.)
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Balistic604

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68106 on: December 05, 2013, 10:23:34 pm »

Six people I know have died within the last three weeks. That and several other saddening things have happened as well.
Dwarf Fortress: The only place you'll find complaints about NOT dying.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68107 on: December 05, 2013, 11:14:56 pm »

I'll miss you too.

Who are you, again?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #68108 on: December 05, 2013, 11:18:22 pm »

See ya in a week.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68109 on: December 05, 2013, 11:27:35 pm »

We'll be here, C3.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68110 on: December 05, 2013, 11:37:19 pm »

Getting really sick and tired of being called garbage by my significant other on a regular basis. 

I don't have a single person that I know that would genuinely care if I died, beyond the physical things I do for them (work, cook, etc.)

I've lived with someone for over 12 years and I've never felt more alone. 

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #68111 on: December 06, 2013, 12:04:53 am »

Requiescat in pace, Tata Madiba.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68112 on: December 06, 2013, 12:32:25 am »

If I'm going to get a poor night's sleep because of all the weird and dramatic dreams I have, damnnit subconscious at least let me remember them upon awakening. >:(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68113 on: December 06, 2013, 01:42:03 am »

I'm not sure if I should really go through with the 'going back to school in order to actually get out and socialize with real people instead of people that are exclusively online' plan, even going in to talk to the registration office, just being in the atmosphere of a school made me feel extremely antagonized, and I'm still not sure what sort of study to even pursue.

I'm still upset at myself for spending so much money recently on stupid, stupid, stupid fucking stuff. How do I know this wouldn't just be another waste of money, and even more so a waste of my esteem if my plan to actually make outside people friends just backfires in my face? I'm just not sure.
Here's the deal about going back to school: it seems like a huge waste of money and time on its face. The cost appears prohibitively high. However, if you can do it without getting overwhelmed by debt, it's one if the most valuable investments you can make. Gain skills, get certified in said skills, profit. Do it the right way, and don't half ass your way into something worthless, though. Pick a field that is interesting and pays well, and go grab your future.
^This. You're talking of college I assume, yes? There's no crime in waiting a semester/year either, if you're really unsure about it. Better to get yourself in a good headspace so you can make a proper go of things study-wise rather than fumble around lost wasting a year's worth of classes. Also, if meeting people is a major/main motivation, most student organizations (theater groups, hobbyists, weekend upside-down jousting enthusiasts, etc.) won't care too much if you're not actually a student.

Yes, I mean college.

I suppose I should elaborate in that I felt very antagonized, cause even when I was growing up and going to school, I've always been isolated, a loner, just by myself, not getting along with others, unpopular, and it's stuck with me so much going into adulthood. I hate myself, that I'm still dwelling dwelling dwelling on shit that happened in High School years and years ago.

But I guess it's always been that way, from kindergarten, to Elementary School, From Middle to High school, then finally my pointless adulthood, I've always been just by myself. In every strata of my life, from the inner reaches of my mind, to my most public endeavors, I really don't have any social activity to show for it.

And god knows I don't want to repeat my mistakes with a new school. Not when it finally feels I have a little bit of a grip on my life. Not when it will cost me who knows how much money in tuition, in gas, in whatever other supplies are demanded of me. I don't want to venture out to start life anew, only to find that I'm just adding a further number of pathetic and sad memories to the already large repertoire in my existing depressed life.

Alot of days I feel that just killing myself and hoping that reincarnation is real would be the better plan than actually going out and trying to negotiate fruitlessly with the society that made me this way. Don't interpret that as intent, I'm not that desperate just yet. Though it really does feel that I'm just waiting for something really powerful to push me over the edge, alot of these days.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68114 on: December 06, 2013, 01:44:50 am »

Joshieeeee~

* LordSlowpoke applies hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 4539 4540 [4541] 4542 4543 ... 8166