Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4117 4118 [4119] 4120 4121 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455145 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #61770 on: May 12, 2013, 06:03:22 am »

Showgrounds (think Fairgrounds for American and the like folks but with a bit more Livestock) across the road started pretending it was a Caravan Park of late. Our next door neighbour has gone on a little holiday to see their kid over in Japan and as we usually do, leave each other to care for the house while away. They have a small Vegie Patch in their front garden, corn growing high and numerous...

Came home this evening to find the whole lot of it ransacked, every cob on the stalks have been pilfered for the first time since they started this patch. None of them were even close to ripe, but they took them all, even the little just starting to develop corn. Like I said, FIRST TIME EVER. We have a VERY VERY VERY high suspension about the Campers in the Showgrounds as a guilty party, as none on the block/street would ever do this as they all know they just need to ask and they would share the harvest...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #61771 on: May 12, 2013, 07:18:06 am »

AP Physics B test in around 14 hours.

;_;
I'm also terrified. I seem to average around 80% right, but if I make enough mistakes I won't be getting that 5. :C

Got to remember to write my units, and m1v1 + m2v2 = m1v1f + m2v2f, and U1 + K1 = Uf + Kf and the five fundamental equations of electricity and magnetism and stuff. @_@ And not to make mistakes and to ...
* Skyrunner rambles off

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #61772 on: May 12, 2013, 09:40:59 am »

You didn't go abseiling? D:

What is wrong with you people :P

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #61773 on: May 12, 2013, 09:42:58 am »

Apparently a fear of heights. Can't really blame folks for that.

Now excuse me while I go take a nap on the roof >_>
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #61774 on: May 12, 2013, 09:46:00 am »

An irrational fear of heights?
BUT YOU COULD HAVE GONE ABSEILING DDDDD:

That's like not playing Portal because of a fear of games.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #61775 on: May 12, 2013, 09:47:10 am »

Overall, I rather disliked the chemistry field trip we had (supposed to serve for revision and helping relax us, since the exams are coming up).
I question the relevance of all the stuff below to chemistry. I can understand, physics, but chemistry?

An irrational fear of heights?
BUT YOU COULD HAVE GONE ABSEILING DDDDD:

That's like not playing Portal because of a fear of games.
Seems logical.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #61776 on: May 12, 2013, 09:50:49 am »

*coughs* Sometimes... sometimes it does *shifty eyes* Would also kinda' think th'fapmaster would have realized what he was walking into with that line >_>
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 09:53:11 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61777 on: May 12, 2013, 09:52:27 am »

Sounds like a Friday night to me...
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #61778 on: May 12, 2013, 09:52:53 am »

I'm kind of stuck with my powerpoint presentation...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #61779 on: May 12, 2013, 09:57:22 am »

Hrm... what kind of powerpoint presentation?

They generally seem to come in two shades, from what I've seen. The kind that does all the work itself (note: These are 99.9% shitty, a pisspoor utilization of the technology, and by and large what gives powerpoint the degree of bad name it has. If you're reading off a powerpoint slide or sitting there while it's running, you're doing it wrong, imo.) and the kind that are used to accent and aid an actual presentation (these ones can be pretty great). Depending on what your intent is, the potential hurdles involved differ drastically.
Ask not!
Ask!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #61780 on: May 12, 2013, 10:18:34 am »

The second sort. I'm stuck because of content and organization, not technology.

In particular, I'm finding I know far less about the details of polycythemia vera than I thought I did. Therefore I'm forced to undergo more documentation.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61781 on: May 12, 2013, 10:30:20 am »

Everybody seems to keep saying things like, "If you ________, then that's your choice." They do it with a bad tone too.

That blank fills with every horrible thing in my life. I don't really want them talking about or even knowing about them. It just makes no sense to me that people can just write things off as everybody else's fault and then say they "chose" that. I worked hard, went to college, etc. It's not my fault nobody is hiring in any halfway decent jobs. I didn't chose to be working where I am and there are a lot of people who would take my terrible little job, because they have no other prospects either.

It's amazing really. The need to blame people. I don't get it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #61782 on: May 12, 2013, 12:10:52 pm »

There's... I'unno, I've seen bits and pieces of the answer to that in psych/soci-ological stuff. Can't really remember any of it at th'mo. Something about self-image, maybe? If it's someone else's fault, then it's not yours... even if somewhere deep you feel a degree of responsibility or sympathy. Way to avoid empathizing with the outgroup or something, dunno. Study's already got the phenomena more or less pinned down, I think. E:If not how to comfortably prevent it, yet. Mostly I just make sure I don't indulge in that particular bit of pettiness/ignorance.

Minor personal sad, cooking attempt turned out pretty lackluster. Concept is fine, ingredients and methodology were lacking. Still edible and decent enough, just... kinda' bland, and too onion-y. Thought was to toss a can of cream of potato into a pot of pasta (rotini, in this case), add some other stuff, and stir. Problems came when I didn't really have a large enough pot to cook it all in and it turned out the cream of potato was way too goddamn onion-y.

Next time, I make potato soup and just throw the pasta into that. Commercial shit leans way too damned heavily on the onion in my area, or something. I really don't like onion. Has become somewhat more tolerable lately, but still more vile than not.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 12:13:04 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61783 on: May 12, 2013, 02:42:05 pm »

I question the relevance of all the stuff below to chemistry. I can understand, physics, but chemistry?

chemistry is understanding the properties of materials. Honestly its easier to learn than physics. Without chemistry we wouldn't have figured out radiation, pneumatics, hydrocarbons, alloys, and gases.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #61784 on: May 12, 2013, 03:24:55 pm »

I question the relevance of all the stuff below to chemistry. I can understand if it was physics, but chemistry?
chemistry is understanding the properties of materials. Honestly its easier to learn than physics. Without chemistry we wouldn't have figured out radiation, pneumatics, hydrocarbons, alloys, and gases.
I question the relevance of that answer to the actual question.
Pages: 1 ... 4117 4118 [4119] 4120 4121 ... 8167