Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2059 2060 [2061] 2062 2063 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9453267 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #30900 on: June 05, 2011, 06:04:44 am »

My eyes feel like somebody's smashed them in with a hammer and my head feels like I've been knocked into a cement wall a few times.
And, of course, no painkillers in sight.
I'll just try to sleep it off.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30901 on: June 05, 2011, 06:16:46 am »

So jetlagged... I slept 3 hours last night, and 5 tonight, and I don't think there's any way I'll be able to go back to sleep.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #30902 on: June 05, 2011, 06:19:07 am »

Jet lag is a force of nature that kicks you in the erogenous zone.

Such a mean force of nature..
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30903 on: June 05, 2011, 06:22:49 am »

On the other hand, being up at 4:00 AM is meaning that I get to patch MGS2 before I have to go back to school, which is happifying.  I'm looking forward to playing the hell out of it next weekend.  This weekend, only a little, though =/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30904 on: June 05, 2011, 06:46:14 am »

Urgh. This crap is bad for me. Feeling all head-achy and stuff.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30905 on: June 05, 2011, 07:48:39 am »

I feel like getting some things of my chest today.

I've been having depression related problems for some years now.
When I've told my parents that I needed help, they told me to look for it myself. They would pay for it, but couldn't be bothered to help me find it.
So that was a year ago I guess. I should have taken a step in that direction years ago.
Anyway, I got the ball rolling a month ago and been visiting someone who would listen to my story and then point me in the right direction for help.
What twisted pleasure I have derived to talking to another person, even if I paid him for it.

Anyway he told me to visit a psychaiatrist and get myself diagnosed, so I could start psychotherapy and get medication.
So I was diagnosed with Dysthymia (with cognitive deficits) and social anxiety.
There's another note there, but I can't read it...

Got some meds and the advice to talk to other people, which brings me here.
Will see him again soon enough, so he can judge if the medication is working. That far the most noticable change is, that I get occasional headaches.

My parents behave pretty much as always. They weren't reall interested in what I got diagnosed with, since I would "use it as an excuse for everything".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30906 on: June 05, 2011, 07:57:01 am »

Hope that goes well for you, Mindmaker.  If the talk therapy is helping, I'm really glad.

I'm considering going back in myself, but every time I do I hear the old psychologists' useless voices in my head and decide not to =/  Besides, having angst about being alone, vaguely weird, and obsessed with studying/solving problems doesn't seem like it's worth it for me to try to have fixed...

I end up being constantly a little bit sad, though, so I guess I just have to accept that.  Haha.

Anyway, good luck.  I'm sorry about the late letter, by the way =/  I just got back from Russia and am currently a. pretty sick and b. about to start intensive, 3+ hours per day German classes... so please hold out a little longer.  I'm thinking of you, even if I'm not writing to you yet :I

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30907 on: June 05, 2011, 08:14:43 am »

I too had negative experiences with psychologists before.

It was a young one, who after hearing my mothers side of the story, refused to listen to mine, put me on medication and said that I should "stop troubling my mother".
That was some years ago (5?) and I've avoided getting help from "those" people, until now.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #30908 on: June 05, 2011, 08:42:57 am »

Hey man, I'm glad to hear you got some help (and I hope it works), as well to see that you're sharing stuff. I'm sorry to hear about your parents being like that.. Some people can really be assholes to their children.
I wish I could do something to help out.
Love, scriver~

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30909 on: June 05, 2011, 08:44:54 am »

After a few years I stopped seeing psychologists due to irony.

Also, it's a pain studying using copies from a person who apparently doesn't know any German and accordingly mangled the perfectly fine grammar on the paper with their "corrections"

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30910 on: June 05, 2011, 08:48:20 am »

I am still doing those questions, two are missing it seems and the rest was hell to read, i mean i have pretty bad handwriting but this stuff is unreadable and i spend most of the time trying to figur out wheter one of the letters is a u, e, o or an a :I

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #30911 on: June 05, 2011, 08:51:10 am »

I would add it to my existing amalgamation of personal beliefs and philosophies.

And then I would argue with you about how these don't fit and aren't traditional, or perhaps the other ways around. Only then would we have a good religion on our hands.

Oh, and sad thread material: a lot of my posts, because I agree with this person or other, can come off seeming like I dislike one group or another when it comes to the whole religion debate. Honestly I simultaneously think they're all crazy in some ways (including me), but primarily the extremists on all sides, and also support the fact that their members are willing to hold their own in a debate, and feel so strongly about what they believe. I don't mean to offend anyone here. I'm just here to have a good time.

Do not worry, freeformschooler. Due to the absence of facial expressions / a good way to express emotion on the internet, it's easy to assume others are being rather heady in their opinions. It's also easy to assume that everyone has an underlying extremist view that they are always trying to express, and should be hated for it. In most cases, the problem really lies with the first guy who misreads and goes "omfg you're evil!" then it's bandwagonning time until the guy who stated his (often innocent / misquoted) view is despised by all.

As much as I enjoy debate, it's very hard to have one with people you don't know over the internet, where all you can see is words, not intentions. I'm pretty sure alot of B12 jump into those to have a good time, only to get sucked into a shouting match.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 09:02:11 am by Korbac »

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30912 on: June 05, 2011, 08:59:23 am »

I seem to have diarreah at least 70% of the time. I'm begining to become slightly concerned, but I think I'll just wait to see what happens. I've had worse, after all.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30913 on: June 05, 2011, 09:00:29 am »

Блинчики.

Dear Google: when I type that into your image search bar, I do not want fucking pancakes.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30914 on: June 05, 2011, 09:02:37 am »

Блинчики.

Dear Google: when I type that into your image search bar, I do not want fucking pancakes.
It's because of the ultra shitty Google Translate crap. According to GT, it means pancakes.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 2059 2060 [2061] 2062 2063 ... 8167