Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2057 2058 [2059] 2060 2061 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9454111 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #30870 on: June 04, 2011, 12:00:17 am »

My internet crashed AGAIN. After RAAAAAGIING and trying to pull the internet cable in half, it began to work again. Still, it's getting quite annoying since this is the 5th time it has crashed.
Have you done a tracert, router ping, ect to determine whether it is on your end?
I... I don't know how  :-[
Assuming you are using Windows, open the command prompt, and type 'ping 192.168.2.1' this will ping the router you are on (if you have one). If you don't have one, you can disregard this.
If the pings have replies, that means the connection from your pc to your router works fine.

I haven't done much with tracert testing, but what that does is essentially tells you all the nodes through which your connection travels to get to another location (usually used over the internet). If there is any sort of predictable slowdown before/after the internet stops working, this might tell you where said slowdown is occurring, and that is a likely culprit for your lack of connection. I don't think it will work in cases in which your entire internet connection cuts out (although I may be wrong), but if there is merely a step in the chain between you and most sites, it may give you a hint.

Really though, if it turns out you have no problems in your network (router and the stuff connecting the computer to it), there isn't much which can be done aside from waiting it out or complaining to your ISP. Keep in mind that in some cases it may simply be the ISP doing some sort of major reworking of their network to improve speed or something. One week I suffered from 1 second latency combined with occasional outages; the next, that ended and the connection speed went from 1mb/s to 6mb/s. If it does persist for much more than a week though and it's on their end, complaining to the ISP is your best bet.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 12:01:49 am by alway »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #30871 on: June 04, 2011, 03:26:09 am »

I just keep getting into conversations that annoy the hell out of me. But dammit I don't know what to do.

I should be relaxing dammit. Not getting riled up over bullshit.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #30872 on: June 04, 2011, 04:35:39 am »

Janet, remember...

Wooooossssaaaaaahhh...........

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #30873 on: June 04, 2011, 04:56:25 am »

I sense a spambot on the horizon.

E: Oh wait. It seems we get 10 or so spambots signing up every day. And none of them post.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 04:58:43 am by Cheese »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #30874 on: June 04, 2011, 05:08:22 am »

...Are you spying on the newcomers?
Love, scriver~

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #30875 on: June 04, 2011, 06:09:32 am »

Case in point.

We got a spam post in Other games yesterday and it made me curious, I was checking out the profiles of some of the newest members. It's kinda shocking, we have several registering every day by the looks of it, all using the link in signature technique now.

E: The message was deleted. Ninja Toady.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30876 on: June 04, 2011, 07:32:27 am »

My internet refuses to load up after turning on my PC, now. It will eventually load, but still, it takes longer than it's supposed to. It's probably the modem dying on me.

[EDIT] My mum also accidently licked (POISONOUS) hair dye... That's just weird...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 08:12:13 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30877 on: June 04, 2011, 09:20:47 am »

I am doing questions for my final graduation exam, there are some 200 odd questions from various subjects, luckily we divided them between ourselves so i only need to do ten questions myself.But seeing as i am two weeks out of school my summer lazy ass mentality (which is much worse than my school lazy ass) has kicked in and i am progressing at abysmal speeds.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30878 on: June 04, 2011, 01:50:04 pm »

I think this is just one of those days where I feel sad and alone.

There's no point in posting that, but I guess I will anyway.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30879 on: June 04, 2011, 02:09:51 pm »

My right arm hurts like hell, after playing a couple of hours on Red Steel 2.
Did I ever mentioned I dislike motion controls?

That's the least of my worries, but this isn't the place to spill my guts.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #30880 on: June 04, 2011, 06:11:42 pm »

i was dumb with my electric shaver

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30881 on: June 04, 2011, 07:04:09 pm »

Went out with some friends, had some drinks, socialized with people, met new people, generally had a great time, and yet after all that i somehow feel bad, don't know why but i do :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #30882 on: June 04, 2011, 08:40:41 pm »

I'm almost addicted to a bunch of VGM's!!!  :o

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30883 on: June 04, 2011, 09:15:14 pm »

Technical difficulties.  Cannot make MGS give me anything but a black screen...

Nuuuu

EDIT: Turns out that it doesn't work on Vista or Windows 7.  Huh.  Now to see if I can't get it running on my laptop that can emulate XP >_>  But that'll have to wait until tomorrow, unfortunately.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 09:22:13 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #30884 on: June 04, 2011, 10:10:00 pm »

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Bought two new graphics cards to replace my older one that was having overheating problems.
One of the cards, straight out of the box: Dead.
The other?  Defective RAM.
To make matters worse?  Somehow, during all of this, my motherboard's second PCI-E lane died, so now I have to RMA that TOO (at least before I can properly run two cards again...  thankfully I can still run my old GPU in the other PCI-E slot, so this hasn't killed my computer outright, but damn close)!
Not at all a good day.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries
Pages: 1 ... 2057 2058 [2059] 2060 2061 ... 8167