Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1152 1153 [1154] 1155 1156 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9497590 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #17295 on: November 30, 2010, 01:47:18 am »

Another one of my relatives just died.

=/

Stop dying, guys . . .

I'm sorry for your loss. Did you know her well?

I lost a relative I'd never met before over the holiday; the half-sister of my stepfather. She left a request that the squash in her garden be divided through the family, and that we make something good out of them. I think I would have liked her, had I gotten a chance to know her.

I have no idea what to make out of my memorial squash, though, and I want it to be special.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17296 on: November 30, 2010, 01:58:17 am »

I'm sorry for your loss. Did you know her well?

Not especially.  She's gone camping with us for 6 years or so.  I don't know if that counts or not, though.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #17297 on: November 30, 2010, 02:06:45 am »

I know how rough it can be to lose people while you're trying to remain active in school, Vector. Killed my academic career. Try and hang tough about it.

I am sad the North Korea thread was locked, in a bittersweet sort of way. Also I did not report Eugenitor, in case anyone suspected my hand in it. Although if I had to guess, it was Miss Scarlet, in the North Korea thread, with the lead pipe.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17298 on: November 30, 2010, 02:12:26 am »

I know how rough it can be to lose people while you're trying to remain active in school, Vector. Killed my academic career. Try and hang tough about it.

I'll be okay.  I'm a lot tougher now than I used to be ^_^;;

Thank you for your kind words.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17299 on: November 30, 2010, 02:28:12 am »

I'll be okay.  I'm a lot tougher now than I used to be ^_^;;

Thank you for your kind words.

I seem to recall earlier posts on Life Advice relating a number of stressful influence, that's mostly why I was so concerned.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17300 on: November 30, 2010, 02:33:51 am »

I seem to recall earlier posts on Life Advice relating a number of stressful influence, that's mostly why I was so concerned.

That was mostly my emotionally abusive/manipulative ex that I clung to for two years and have now been broken up with for 8 months.  Wasn't entirely his fault, but it wasn't good for me either.  Anyway, that was the catalyzing reason why I withdrew from school and am wrapping up my semester in community college.  I'm moving back on Dec. 11.  Since I have virtually no contact with him or any of the other "friends" who were taking up my time and emotional energy and no longer have any desire to die or hurt myself, I imagine I'll be fine.

Summary: that was a long time ago.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17301 on: November 30, 2010, 02:38:55 am »

Summary: that was a long time ago.

Well, awesome!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17302 on: November 30, 2010, 04:22:10 am »

Several forum related things...
*Hugs*

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17303 on: November 30, 2010, 04:56:00 am »

I'm being "forced" to start my job at 6 am instead of 9 am.
"Forced" because this way, I'll be getting simple patient transports mostly, in contrast to dealing with all the emergencies, I would have to deal with when starting at 9 am.
Problem is that I can't find a train which will get me there in time and I'll probably need a month or two to get my driving license.

Dealing with with death and other serious accidents and sicknesses on a daily basis, just doesn't seem like the right thing for an unexperienced civil servant :/
Especially for a feeble-minded person that I am.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17304 on: November 30, 2010, 09:58:53 am »

I'm being "forced" to start my job at 6 am instead of 9 am.
"Forced" because this way, I'll be getting simple patient transports mostly, in contrast to dealing with all the emergencies, I would have to deal with when starting at 9 am.
Problem is that I can't find a train which will get me there in time and I'll probably need a month or two to get my driving license.

Dealing with with death and other serious accidents and sicknesses on a daily basis, just doesn't seem like the right thing for an unexperienced civil servant :/
Especially for a feeble-minded person that I am.

Well, look at it this way. You're a paramedic (which is more than many people could hope for), and live comfortably enough to be posting daily on a niche board using a computer. You have parents, loving or otherwise. You have many friends and a family. There are millions of people that die in the world on a daily basis, yet you are not one of them. You are not afflicted with anything major.

You're one of the lucky few that survive in this world.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17305 on: November 30, 2010, 10:43:39 am »

I am sad the North Korea thread was locked, in a bittersweet sort of way. Also I did not report Eugenitor, in case anyone suspected my hand in it. Although if I had to guess, it was Miss Scarlet, in the North Korea thread, with the lead pipe.

I'm pretty sure it was Eugenitor since he was trying pretty hard to insult people. Although I think locking that thread may have been a bit harsh.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 11:00:57 am by smjjames »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17306 on: November 30, 2010, 11:40:33 am »

My dog escaped last night but was recovered after I fell asleep. In the morning I went over to his cage to greet him for the morning, but he didn't want to move. Usually he's up and off biting my ankles or something. I hope nothing is wrong with him.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #17307 on: November 30, 2010, 12:33:48 pm »

I'd say if he doesn't perk up by noon, there's something wrong.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17308 on: November 30, 2010, 12:39:10 pm »

My dog escaped last night but was recovered after I fell asleep. In the morning I went over to his cage to greet him for the morning, but he didn't want to move. Usually he's up and off biting my ankles or something. I hope nothing is wrong with him.

Well if he isn't wagging his tail or something, then maybe there is something wrong. Hope he didn't get anything that would hurt him.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17309 on: November 30, 2010, 12:46:28 pm »

He might be feeling fearful or overwhelmed still. Give him a once-over, and check if there are cuts, scrapes, or other signs of injury. Check to make sure he has an appetite too.

Strong behavioral changes can be an indicator of something wrong, especially a sudden shift in social behavior.
Pages: 1 ... 1152 1153 [1154] 1155 1156 ... 8168