Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1151 1152 [1153] 1154 1155 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9498353 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #17280 on: November 29, 2010, 09:07:03 pm »

Do the death roll Duke, grind that meat with your unmovable jaw of Aqizzar.

Yeah, really.  My mouth is actually a graphic on top my giant trapezoidal face.  I eat by cramming food through it.

I have something to be sad about.  I'm online, posting here.  I can't get this damn forum and Homestuck off the brain, so I'm sitting here posting, with the TV on.  When I'm supposed to be writing a paper due 2PM tomorrow.  I've got just under two hours before work, and provided I get a few hours sleep, about four hours in the morning.  I still need to write four pages on a six page paper.  I cannot fucking focus, I didn't even really get started until almost 6, when I wanted to get started at 4.  This is the last time I'll ever have to worry about this crap.

And then, once I get that out of the way, tomorrow I have to write a short paper in Spanish about a movie I haven't seen, due at 11AM Wednesday, only hitched up by a doctor's appointment at 8:30 that I scheduled before I knew about the Spanish thing/
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17281 on: November 29, 2010, 10:36:36 pm »

TL;DR, I'm starting to get badly stressed about finances again.

Circumstances pushed me to buy a new computer, to replace my currently dying one, on Black Friday: I can't afford a new machine normally, but the deals put it within my price range, and with my hard drive making a wonderful grinding sound when the computer shuts off, I could be out a computer very soon. It was under $400, which was a darned good deal, and normally would have just made things a bit tight for the month... but with the kitten getting all kinds of sick as well (and her vet fees costing about 3 times what I expected), I've been pushed into the red, and am dipping into my living expenses.

Adding to that, my car insurance company has been leeching money directly from my savings account on a car that no longer exists. Even after calling them about it last week, and sending 2 emails requesting confirmation, they still snuck in one last withdrawal for December. Though they promised to reimburse me promptly on my earlier call, I have yet to hear word from them about it since providing all the information they asked for.

For perspective, they owe me roughly enough money for me to live off of for about 3-4 months... and for now I'm stuck waiting on them, and budgeting money I don't have. If they aren't timely about reimbursing me, things could get very bad very quickly. I won't lose my house or anything, but I'm already scraping the very bottom of the barrel. My bills will be late, my stepdad will be rightly furious if I can't make my next car payment (since he co-signed), and I might not be able to afford to commute to school except for going by bus and on foot.

The cherry on top is that I've had no luck on the job front either. Any signs of the job climate getting better and people hiring here have gone to pot... the library I was hoping on is just looking for full-timers, and I have friends that are still being fired due to downsizing. It's near-desperate enough that I might have to start selling my blood plasma to pay bills again... and I really don't want to be in that position.

At times like this, I find myself dreaming about screwing the road I'm on, and taking up substance farming. With enough planning, I could live comfortably without an income, and live off my own labor. Would it work? Probably not... and it's no solution for where I am right now, but I just get so tired of money sometimes.

However, I have plenty of inane projects to keep my brain distracted from the challenges I can't do anything about right now...

Toony will make everything better.
He saved the Cheetahmen.

...I think I need to find other ways of burning off creative energy right now. Something practical.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17282 on: November 29, 2010, 10:41:54 pm »

Toony will make everything better.
He saved the Cheetahmen.

...I think I need to find other ways of burning off creative energy right now. Something practical.
Oh lordy, thanks for this.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #17283 on: November 29, 2010, 11:00:51 pm »

In the next few days I'm going to be building my first computer.  Damn I'm nervous.
Shoes...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17284 on: November 30, 2010, 12:14:34 am »

Another one of my relatives just died.

=/

Stop dying, guys . . .
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17285 on: November 30, 2010, 12:17:08 am »

From old age?

Anyways, my condolences to ya Vector.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17286 on: November 30, 2010, 12:23:27 am »

My condolences.

I wish I could say more.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17287 on: November 30, 2010, 12:26:56 am »

I feel for you Vector.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #17288 on: November 30, 2010, 12:27:53 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 02:28:20 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17289 on: November 30, 2010, 12:43:54 am »

Flash-metastasizing cancer.  She apparently got sick in October and died today.

My thanks.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #17290 on: November 30, 2010, 01:15:43 am »

It came to my attention that the wikipedia editors had incorrectly reported the quality of the Action 52 game cartridge.  Don't worry though, I fixed it.
Shoes...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17291 on: November 30, 2010, 01:25:49 am »

It came to my attention that the wikipedia editors had incorrectly reported the quality of the Action 52 game cartridge.  Don't worry though, I fixed it.
Totally radical!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #17292 on: November 30, 2010, 01:32:30 am »

I'm trying to become an Action 52 Gamemaster.  Unfortunately, apparently Force 1 crashes on level 9.  How can I become the gamemaster now?  I need it...
Shoes...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #17293 on: November 30, 2010, 01:34:00 am »

Totally radical!
What's with the resolution? Netbook or laptop?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17294 on: November 30, 2010, 01:42:41 am »

My netbook I got for Christmas last year, still works the same as when I first got it.

1024x576 I think.
Pages: 1 ... 1151 1152 [1153] 1154 1155 ... 8168