Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7448 7449 [7450] 7451 7452 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9510088 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #111735 on: September 30, 2017, 09:54:23 pm »

Hmm that might indeed be the cheapest option. Destroy the back wheel. New back wheel, about 80 euros.

EDIT: The lock would still need to be cut though to fit a new wheel, so, erm, no. Won't work. (The lock is attached to the frame and makes a ring through the back wheel.)
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111736 on: September 30, 2017, 10:14:38 pm »

...  You only locked the back wheel, not the frame!?

I don't know about Dutch locks, but if it's a U-lock, I've heard that a simple car jack can break it.  Mechanical advantage.  It can lift a car, it can probably break a simple lock.

Or pick it (or have someone else pick it)

If you only locked the real wheel, I don't suppose you only wrapped it among the spokes and not the rim?  A spoke wrench isn't that expensive.

And if it isn't a U-lock...  it's cuttable.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111737 on: September 30, 2017, 10:23:52 pm »

I *absolutely loathe* advertisements. Like, they actually piss me off just seeing them. I don't need that stress in my life, so I block them on everything. A couple pennies or whatever that someone would get from ad'ing at me is *not worth* my blood pressure going "fuck you" every day.

'Course, now YouTube ads are back after a couple years. Not just any, nooo. 5+ minute unskippable ones!

Fuck.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111738 on: September 30, 2017, 10:24:41 pm »

Could you melt the lock with a small amount of thermite? I mean, you were just planning to buy a new one, so whatever goes wrong can't be too bad.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #111739 on: September 30, 2017, 10:41:13 pm »

I *absolutely loathe* advertisements. Like, they actually piss me off just seeing them. I don't need that stress in my life, so I block them on everything. A couple pennies or whatever that someone would get from ad'ing at me is *not worth* my blood pressure going "fuck you" every day.

'Course, now YouTube ads are back after a couple years. Not just any, nooo. 5+ minute unskippable ones!

Fuck.
Try something like shoving the video url into something like MPC-BE, or one of the other more updated media player classic forks. Few other players do it, too. Least so far it seems to be ad free.

Nice side effect, sorta', to youtube finally disabling flash entirely and HTML5 video players being a massive enough pile of shit it got me to figure out how to play vids to an actual media player.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111740 on: September 30, 2017, 10:54:18 pm »

Fuck.
Adblock.
Black lives matter.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111741 on: October 01, 2017, 02:50:14 am »

Wheeeeee! Cleaning squad found my bicycle key in the pub I was at. Must have slipped under something, cause I did search the dancefloor quite extensively yesterday.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111742 on: October 01, 2017, 03:11:57 am »

Wheeeeee! Cleaning squad found my bicycle key in the pub I was at. Must have slipped under something, cause I did search the dancefloor quite extensively yesterday.

martinuzz owned that dancefloor like a boss!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111743 on: October 01, 2017, 10:51:07 am »

So you're telling me you don't want to make an incendiary device in your living room to try and melt through ten ounces of carbon steel to get your bike back?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111744 on: October 01, 2017, 11:33:19 am »

This is such gloriously insane and dangerous way of doing something, it is totally bay12ish way to go( It is like trying to cut something with magma)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111745 on: October 02, 2017, 07:08:05 am »

Sleep schedule is totally fucked once again.
A lot of people don't seem to understand why I feel that healthy sleep is so important... I'm probably the weird one here, without enough sleep it's as though I lack the energy to fool myself into thinking my life isn't entirely terrible.
Sleep probably isn't as vital to those who have a higher base level of happiness. :P

Edit: see, I couldn't even muster up the energy to make an amusing comment about the whole bike lock situation. Surely that's the sort of thing I would usually find humour in. I don't know.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 07:09:57 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #111746 on: October 02, 2017, 07:12:06 am »

Biggest news topics today in Finland: Mass shooting in Las Vegas, clusterfuck referendum in Catalonia and plans to equip Finnish firemen and paramedics with bullet-resistant gear. Why must violence today's zeitgeist?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #111747 on: October 02, 2017, 07:17:22 am »

'Cause that's the news that gets the most attention. For the vast majority of the human population, often enough even those in fairly rough areas, yesterday was by and large peaceful. "Day was normal for over six billion people" doesn't make much of a headline.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #111748 on: October 02, 2017, 08:19:35 am »

Sleep schedule is totally fucked once again.
A lot of people don't seem to understand why I feel that healthy sleep is so important... I'm probably the weird one here, without enough sleep it's as though I lack the energy to fool myself into thinking my life isn't entirely terrible.
Sleep probably isn't as vital to those who have a higher base level of happiness. :P

Edit: see, I couldn't even muster up the energy to make an amusing comment about the whole bike lock situation. Surely that's the sort of thing I would usually find humour in. I don't know.

Nah bro there's a reason they say sleep is the basis for basically every kind of health.
Love, scriver~

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #111749 on: October 02, 2017, 08:57:29 am »

Nah bro there's a reason they say sleep is the basis for basically every kind of health.
On that note, I've been waking up really early for a month and a half now and I have no explanation why. It actually started before I moved to my dorm, on the same day I had my first day of work (which actually was really convenient for that day, and that day alone).

It's slowly exhausting me, I think. If it wasn't for my medicine I don't know how I'd go on.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 7448 7449 [7450] 7451 7452 ... 8168