Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 681 682 [683] 684 685 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9451281 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #10230 on: August 17, 2010, 11:50:16 pm »

*sigh*

Pretty lonely for now, but at least I only need to survive a month and a half alone until my theater class starts up.  You can do it, doodabuddy ~
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10231 on: August 18, 2010, 12:22:12 am »

Brother has been gone for awhile, need to show him Scooby Doo!

Must travel Atlantic ocean

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10232 on: August 18, 2010, 06:37:30 am »

Woke up today with my dad soaking wet dragging me out of bed to see a wall of water approaching my room from the basement door. After some frantic fighting with the water we finally manage to subdue the flood before it reaches the carpet. Well, reaches more than the first inch of carpet. Smug with my victory, I head back to bed.

Only to find the water has seeped through the concrete, and now all my carpeting is damp. Goddammit.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10233 on: August 18, 2010, 08:28:04 am »

Woke up today with my dad soaking wet dragging me out of bed to see a wall of water approaching my room from the basement door. After some frantic fighting with the water we finally manage to subdue the flood before it reaches the carpet. Well, reaches more than the first inch of carpet. Smug with my victory, I head back to bed.

Only to find the water has seeped through the concrete, and now all my carpeting is damp. Goddammit.
Why did your house flood in the first place?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10234 on: August 18, 2010, 09:12:25 am »

Freak rainstorm and several neighbors who have drainspouts leading into our yard, which slopes down on a bed of clay to our house. And the sump pump was blocked. An overall hairy situation.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #10235 on: August 18, 2010, 11:31:05 am »

I found out I could not afford the Harris Tweed suit in the shop. It looked so warm.

EDIT:
And before you ask it is nothing to do with Doctor bloody Who. I've always wanted a tweed suit.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #10236 on: August 18, 2010, 12:26:43 pm »

I know I might just be seeing things but I felt this post was pretty damn sexist. Not to mention came from someone I thought wouldn't say something like that.

Oh well. I guess it's time to go back to assuming everyone is shit until proven otherwise.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #10237 on: August 18, 2010, 12:27:46 pm »

I know I might just be seeing things but I felt this post was pretty damn sexist. Not to mention came from someone I thought wouldn't say something like that.

Oh well. I guess it's time to go back to assuming everyone is shit until proven otherwise.

I'm certain he's being sarcastic.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10238 on: August 18, 2010, 01:03:51 pm »

I flooded the toilet to our house before, I didn't know it was flooding I just flushed and went somewhere else, then there was screaming and plungers and other things.  The thing flooded about 10 feet about and ruined all the carpet and stuff.

Two days later I flooded the toilet again, we found out the problem was the toilet paper which was thick as hell.

Now we have no carpets near the bathroom.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #10239 on: August 18, 2010, 01:11:57 pm »

Toilet floods are the worst kinds of floods :(

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #10240 on: August 18, 2010, 01:15:08 pm »

No that's busted sprinkler systems. Oh god sprinkler systems.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #10241 on: August 18, 2010, 01:47:47 pm »

I say rivers bursting their banks, since that's more than one house or apartment block that's effected.

Or overwhelmed sewers.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #10242 on: August 18, 2010, 02:11:47 pm »

I meant toilet floods were bad because it's there's only a few conditions it's going to flood in

If a flood ever hit me here my house would be completely gone and I would be dead.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10243 on: August 18, 2010, 02:13:27 pm »

Janet just had a heart attack, an ambulance is present and they are trying to bring some treatment to her on site.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10244 on: August 18, 2010, 02:15:20 pm »

Man what the fuck.
Pages: 1 ... 681 682 [683] 684 685 ... 8167