Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6742 6743 [6744] 6745 6746 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9428062 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #101145 on: January 24, 2016, 02:07:13 pm »

True that not getting enough sleep can lead to a (what I refer to as) negative feedback loop. Example. I stay up too late one night. The next day, I'm too tired to do everything that day or whatever. Then that night I can't go to sleep earlier due to guilt from not getting everything done that day, so despite being really tired I can't sleep. Then the next day I'm more tired and get less done. Then guilt. Then less sleep. And the cycle repeats.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101146 on: January 24, 2016, 02:14:35 pm »

I think it's starting to dawn on me how utterly worthless I am to people around me, and how my very existence is just a drain on the world.

I already made a vow not to commit suicide, but it's really scary coming to term with the fact that you're an objectively terrible person.

Actually, I don't know why I post here. People feel awkward because they have to choose between lying or telling me that I'm right.
Go see a psychiatrist or something, dude.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101147 on: January 24, 2016, 02:59:35 pm »

I think it's starting to dawn on me how utterly worthless I am to people around me, and how my very existence is just a drain on the world.

I already made a vow not to commit suicide, but it's really scary coming to term with the fact that you're an objectively terrible person.

Actually, I don't know why I post here. People feel awkward because they have to choose between lying or telling me that I'm right.
This may be not the best option, if in his country being attracted to own sex counts as illness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #101148 on: January 24, 2016, 03:09:44 pm »

If you know your flaws you already know yourself, that there is a virtue you can hold to your credit and use to your advantage. I don't know much else about you but you should be more Jewish, judge yourself and improve yourself, don't leave it to just people around you.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #101149 on: January 24, 2016, 03:46:08 pm »

this post is full of lies re: your worth as a person and suchlike, so i'll not address that

instead, let's say you're right, for the sake of argument

this bothers you, so the thing to do i think would be to figure out how to fix it

what skills do you wish you had? how would you like to use them? do the resources you have give you the opportunity to make progress toward that? how could you be a better person? and remember, many of your thoughts and feelings are things that happen to you, not things you do, so getting mad at yourself for feeling jealous or angry or whatever is like getting mad at yourself for getting the flu. so those impulses don't make you a terrible person, and resolving not to feel them anymore wouldn't be productive even if it were possible
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101150 on: January 24, 2016, 04:19:56 pm »

Damnit. I was having a pretty cool dream, and then my goddamn alarm which was turned on for no reason woke me up.
Guess I forgot to turn off that stupid repeating alarm feature... it never causes me anything but problems. ::)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101151 on: January 24, 2016, 04:28:56 pm »

While I'm sure it's

This may be not the best option, if in his country being attracted to own sex counts as illness.
Homosexual or not, constantly feeling worthless or whatever is probably something he should get help for.
Some kind of professional, at least. It's not healthy to constantly require validation from other people.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101152 on: January 24, 2016, 04:39:22 pm »

While I'm sure it's

Homosexual or not, constantly feeling worthless or whatever is probably something he should get help for.
Some kind of professional, at least. It's not healthy to constantly require validation from other people.
Country and sexuality irrelevant, what's a psychiatrist besides a professional confidant who tests a whole bunch of antidepressants on you until something sticks?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101153 on: January 24, 2016, 05:42:50 pm »

NullBolt got banned. :'(
He was a cool guy.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #101154 on: January 24, 2016, 05:46:38 pm »

It was inevitable, really. Guy was flaming everybody who disagreed with him in the politically charged threads.
[I'm] an objectively terrible person.
People feel awkward because they have to choose between lying or telling me that I'm right.
Both incorrect. You're a great guy, man. You just have really bad self-esteem. Like, go-see-a-psychiatrist bad self-esteem. :v
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 05:48:55 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101155 on: January 24, 2016, 05:48:55 pm »

It was inevitable, really. Guy was flaming everybody who disagreed with him in the politically charged threads.
Indeed.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101156 on: January 24, 2016, 05:52:58 pm »

We aren't supposed to have those sorts of threads.
Seriously, the best way to handle it would just be to have a locked thread that the OP occasionally edits to add a news article for people to read or whatever. No discussion. That way we wouldn't risk needlessly losing cool people who just happen to have a habit of defending their beliefs over the internet. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #101157 on: January 24, 2016, 05:55:41 pm »

That's... a spectacularly bad idea.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101158 on: January 24, 2016, 05:56:45 pm »

How so? Political threads benefit no-one and upset a great many people.
Give me one good reason we still have them.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101159 on: January 24, 2016, 05:58:48 pm »

They benefit me, and during less politically worrisome times they are the habitat of some great subcommunities. Hell, that's how I got to know Sheb, Knit, and Footjob!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 6742 6743 [6744] 6745 6746 ... 8167