Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6740 6741 [6742] 6743 6744 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9427927 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #101115 on: January 23, 2016, 09:16:20 pm »

I don't see much of a point in letting people know you have a problem when you don't think they can help or don't want the assistance of that particular group. It was always odd to me.
It's a little more complicated than that. Sharing problems with people builds trust and deeper communication. The problems themselves are usually irrelevant - having people you can trust is its own reward.
The risk of having your trust betrayed by someone for petty reasons outweighs the reward. The only reason i'm somewhat comfortable here is due to anonymity. I can't even trust my own family, why try with a stranger?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101116 on: January 23, 2016, 09:26:50 pm »

Normally you only start building trust once there's a friendship in place to begin with, you don't just grab some random drunk off the street and start regaling your dark and stormy past.

Of course, some people have more difficulty with trust than others (and I absolutely have trouble with this as well). The good thing here is that trust isn't binary; trusting a person doesn't mean you immediately start sharing your darkest secrets.
The whole trust:betrayal thing is basically just risk:reward, if you want to be analytical about it. How much trust you invest is up to you, but I guarantee that the connections you can make with other people is worth it.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101117 on: January 23, 2016, 09:34:43 pm »

Normally you only start building trust once there's a friendship in place to begin with, you don't just grab some random drunk off the street and start regaling your dark and stormy past.

Of course, some people have more difficulty with trust than others (and I absolutely have trouble with this as well). The good thing here is that trust isn't binary; trusting a person doesn't mean you immediately start sharing your darkest secrets.
The whole trust:betrayal thing is basically just risk:reward, if you want to be analytical about it. How much trust you invest is up to you, but I guarantee that the connections you can make with other people is worth it.
I don't really connect with people at all. I only speak when I have to, just an antisocial waste, and nothing I do will compensate for that or keep people from looking down on me or insulting me for it. Even if I tried I wouldn't know the first thing about building a friendship and then trust, and why would I try when the risk:reward factor is there?

An investment of too little trust is negligible, and too much trust is too much risk.

And why would I want to "connect" with others anyway?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101118 on: January 23, 2016, 09:36:41 pm »

I don't really want people solving my problems for me most of the time, I just want hugs.

Yeah exactly, you understand.
hug
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101119 on: January 23, 2016, 09:37:40 pm »

Mostly because it's more enjoyable than nihilistic claptrap.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101120 on: January 23, 2016, 09:41:25 pm »

Mostly because it's more enjoyable than nihilistic claptrap.
I'm just going to go out and end up disappointed and embarrassed anyway. It's not nonsensical speaking.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101121 on: January 23, 2016, 10:47:55 pm »

i'm fake. haha.
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101122 on: January 23, 2016, 11:29:43 pm »

Reminded of how I am a shit person with no consideration for those around me.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101123 on: January 23, 2016, 11:31:41 pm »

i'm fake. haha.
I believe you're real.  Is that enough?
Reminded of how I am a shit person with no consideration for those around me.
WHAT?!
FALSE FALSE FALSE FALSE.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101124 on: January 23, 2016, 11:34:20 pm »

I can't do anything for myself. I don't do chores around the house. I don't do anything besides sit on the computer.

Went to play Pathfinder with friends. Ended up getting my mom to come pick me up. She's been bedridden all day due to being sick.

I'm not a very thoughtful person. I find it incredibly hard to come up with my own thoughts and opinions, and have difficulty in doing things of my own volition.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101125 on: January 23, 2016, 11:35:25 pm »

...That sounds eerily like me...
Except for the going anywhere...
Now I'm sad.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101126 on: January 24, 2016, 12:38:54 am »

It's 12:39 AM, Sunday, and i've given up on trying to rest, it's not like 4 hours or 14 hours will make a difference since i'm constantly fatigued.
Ill, hot, aching, and I still have things expected of me. This is to the point where I can't even will myself to stay awake when I absolutely have to, and since i'm in america and I neither wish nor can afford to be more of a burden than I am, a doctor is not an option.
It's made me sad because I know i'm going to wake up, try my best like i've always been told, and still end up a disappointment to myself and others.
I have no idea what to do, and it's causing me to tear up at the desk.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101127 on: January 24, 2016, 12:40:22 am »

You need to see a doctor.
That sounds like you're actually ill.
Sigtext

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101128 on: January 24, 2016, 12:47:24 am »

You need to see a doctor.
That sounds like you're actually ill.
A doctor is not an option, as I said.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #101129 on: January 24, 2016, 01:07:39 am »

I can't do anything for myself. I don't do chores around the house. I don't do anything besides sit on the computer.

Went to play Pathfinder with friends. Ended up getting my mom to come pick me up. She's been bedridden all day due to being sick.

I'm not a very thoughtful person. I find it incredibly hard to come up with my own thoughts and opinions, and have difficulty in doing things of my own volition.

That was my last... Four years? Five? Something like that. Now I'm in college, looking into a job, have friends, ETC. Just go do something, spend 500$ on a course at the local college, mess around in public places. It's worth it a dozen times over.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com
Pages: 1 ... 6740 6741 [6742] 6743 6744 ... 8167