Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6741 6742 [6743] 6744 6745 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9428220 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #101130 on: January 24, 2016, 01:48:42 am »

Stayed up too late playing video games again. I am wasting my life. Nothing I do gives any meaning to life. Just drifting from activity to activity to fill the time, but none of it is fulfilling.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #101131 on: January 24, 2016, 03:19:20 am »

I had the same feeling until I started doing things worth doing. :V
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101132 on: January 24, 2016, 03:22:10 am »

Stayed up too late playing video games again. I am wasting my life. Nothing I do gives any meaning to life. Just drifting from activity to activity to fill the time, but none of it is fulfilling.
Fill the void with mathematical harmony of this world. Forbidden charms of coding and  lusty secrets of calculus whisper in pleasure, waiting  for you to take them as brutal drunk ancient greek bearded men in tunics once did...
 Revel in joy, as you bury your whole self deeper and deeper  in analytical geometry. Get the serene experience of deflorating yet undiscovered mysteries of quantum physics.
Soon you will notice, that you hear music of the spheres, and your hands dont touch the things, but ideas of them. The whole concept of bad mood becomes something to laugh at, as you can prove by power of your intellect. People dont upset  you anymore, as they are just set of wrong geometrical proportions, logical fallacies and corrupted biochemistry. Now you are the shining Apollo of natural science,  but you are too busy talking with your friend - calculus to  care anymore.

P.S I dont know, how to help, hope at least I managed to make you laugh.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #101133 on: January 24, 2016, 03:25:57 am »

Only synesthetic mathematicians go that far. XD

Honestly though, just find something that interests you somewhat, even if you don't really feel like it's important enough to act upon, and act upon it. It's worth it, and it works.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #101134 on: January 24, 2016, 06:21:14 am »

Is it just me, or are people seemingly finding it harder and harder to maintain their chill on these forums? I'm pretty sure there's been an increase in the number of threads getting locked as a result of this.
Certain people, maybe, but not the general populace that comprised this forum beforehand. There's also the important factor of environmental happenings--like very important events in their area for discussion. Threads discussing those are open to debate or arguments running around...and it's usually in those people's interaction and communication skills that affect the chilliness of the place.

Though that's reflecting my sad: In my observations...Abrasiveness isn't nice, and that usually happens when one interprets others aren't working with them. When coupled with generalizing other people's viewpoints, as well as the ol 'if you can't {notice x}, then {demeaning adjective onto you}' is being thrown around...ugh. :-\ Those specific people who use that a lot should really be more aware of their words: They bring themselves down as well as many others around them and detract from the value of the dialogue. x_x
I'm just happy there are awesome B12ers out there who are skilled in communication to diffuse these things and teach.
[...]
Self-taught proactivity helps a lot. I seriously doubt you're not a thoughtful person. That comes with experience. :P
"Just do it" may not cut the line. "Teach yourself how to do it and engage in it" may be a lot clearer.
You can do it dude! :D

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #101135 on: January 24, 2016, 06:34:22 am »

-nobody cares anyway, nvm-
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 09:50:41 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #101136 on: January 24, 2016, 09:30:04 am »

Middle mouse button is being iffy. I really need a new mouse, this one is far past its time.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #101137 on: January 24, 2016, 11:18:00 am »

sorry i guess i shouldn't have posted here nobody cares
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 01:23:31 pm by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #101138 on: January 24, 2016, 11:27:44 am »

Upper respiratory infections are just so goddamn annoying.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #101139 on: January 24, 2016, 12:22:55 pm »

i was going to do shit this weekend and i have fucking homework, but all i've fucking done is play games that make me angry or stare at my fucking computer screen and feel shit for not doing my homework or the things i actually wanted to do, and nobody wants to fucking listen

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #101140 on: January 24, 2016, 01:17:20 pm »

i was going to do shit this weekend and i have fucking homework, but all i've fucking done is play games that make me angry or stare at my fucking computer screen and feel shit for not doing my homework or the things i actually wanted to do
Conglaturations, you are me.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #101141 on: January 24, 2016, 01:35:04 pm »

I think it's starting to dawn on me how utterly worthless I am to people around me, and how my very existence is just a drain on the world.

I already made a vow not to commit suicide, but it's really scary coming to term with the fact that you're an objectively terrible person.

Actually, I don't know why I post here. People feel awkward because they have to choose between lying or telling me that I'm right.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 01:38:49 pm by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #101142 on: January 24, 2016, 01:40:46 pm »

Nup. Your existence isn't a drain on the world, and you aren't utterly worthless. If either of thoose were true, your post wouldn't bother me, but it does. So yeah.

And I didn't reply to your previous post because I was trying to work out how to phrase my post in a non-hollow sounding way, not because I didn't care.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101143 on: January 24, 2016, 01:53:01 pm »

I think it's starting to dawn on me how utterly worthless I am to people around me, and how my very existence is just a drain on the world.

I already made a vow not to commit suicide, but it's really scary coming to term with the fact that you're an objectively terrible person.

Actually, I don't know why I post here. People feel awkward because they have to choose between lying or telling me that I'm right.
I think, with how you speak, there are more people that care about you, but don't know how to express that without... making things worse somehow.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #101144 on: January 24, 2016, 01:58:22 pm »

The risk of having your trust betrayed by someone for petty reasons outweighs the reward. The only reason i'm somewhat comfortable here is due to anonymity. I can't even trust my own family, why try with a stranger?
Nah, Judas was paid. I don't get with strangers, but you don't start off with friends, friends come from strangers.

It's 12:39 AM, Sunday, and i've given up on trying to rest, it's not like 4 hours or 14 hours will make a difference since i'm constantly fatigued.
Ill, hot, aching, and I still have things expected of me. This is to the point where I can't even will myself to stay awake when I absolutely have to, and since i'm in america and I neither wish nor can afford to be more of a burden than I am, a doctor is not an option.
It's made me sad because I know i'm going to wake up, try my best like i've always been told, and still end up a disappointment to myself and others.
I have no idea what to do, and it's causing me to tear up at the desk.
First rule of survival is never allow yourself demoralization, it leads to a positive feedback loop of continual self-destruction until death.

Try to get a night's good rest, good sleep is a foundation for an eased mind, one more capable of figuring out solutions to your problems.
Pages: 1 ... 6741 6742 [6743] 6744 6745 ... 8167