Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 671 672 [673] 674 675 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455082 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #10080 on: August 16, 2010, 06:10:45 am »

The use of "*fag" must,.... contains the word "fag"....The term "*fag",..."fag" is still a slur.... "*fag" is directly ...It is still the word "fag" ....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #10081 on: August 16, 2010, 01:41:12 pm »

I can't stop sneezing, damn it. Somebody save me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10082 on: August 16, 2010, 01:46:54 pm »

I'm sad because of there being more video game controversy. Suprisingly enough, the Fox News employee almost sounds like he's defending Metal of Honor. A huge change from the Mass Effect "controversy". I don't really care about the game at all, but this sort of thing is a wall banger for me.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10083 on: August 16, 2010, 01:58:32 pm »

I'm sad because of there being more video game controversy. Suprisingly enough, the Fox News employee almost sounds like he's defending Metal of Honor. A huge change from the Mass Effect "controversy". I don't really care about the game at all, but this sort of thing is a wall banger for me.

What sort of controversy?

But yea, mainstream media adressing video games? Expect a debate on morals if the game involves anything more offending then hitting a pixelated plush toy with a piece of cardboard.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10084 on: August 16, 2010, 02:04:52 pm »

Remember, killing Germans, Taliban, etc. in a video game is okay, but killing Americans in one is bad.

All they're doing is reinforcing this kind of stuff by creating free publicity.

Man, anybody remember the glory days of Medal of Honor, when Jimmy Patterson ran around picking up Canteens of Cure Light Wounds and gunning down Nazis with no regard for cover?  It was a more innocent time, when heroes were infallible and you could set the last level of a World War 2 shooter in a Nazi castle full of walking dogs and nutcrackers and no one gave it a second thought.
Shoes...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10085 on: August 16, 2010, 02:05:46 pm »

What sort of controversy?

But yea, mainstream media adressing video games? Expect a debate on morals if the game involves anything more offending then hitting a pixelated plush toy with a piece of cardboard.
I haven't seen a debate on mainstream news except during elections.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #10086 on: August 16, 2010, 02:10:24 pm »

Exactly because the only people that care about this crap anymore are "gamers" and fox news.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10087 on: August 16, 2010, 02:45:59 pm »

Exactly because the only people that care about this crap anymore are "gamers" and fox news.
Since when do gamers care? I just like laughing at the news people and their warnings of doom.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #10088 on: August 16, 2010, 03:01:28 pm »

Since when do gamers care? I just like laughing at the news people and their warnings of doom.
We care because if it went away, we would have one less thing to laugh at :P

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10089 on: August 16, 2010, 03:12:29 pm »

More Temple of Elemental Evil shenanigans.

Was in the Earth temple, fighting eight or nine gnolls, some goblins, a hobgoblin, and an ogre chief.  Five or six gnolls, the hob, and some goblins surrounded my fighter and were beating him up.  I had pretty much accepted I was going to lose, we overextended anyway and should have gone back to rest instead of going for one more fight.  One of the gnolls not engaging my fighter ran past him to get into position, and my fighter killed him with an attack of opportunity.  Cue epic great cleave that leaves all but one gnoll dead, on their turn.  I was pissing rainbows and glitter.  One of the last gnolls ran up and hit him one more time, putting him into the negatives.  Before I could heal him the ogre ran up and smashed him while he was down.

Come on game, this isn't a contest.  You're not here to win, you're here to dispense fun and challenge in controlled amounts.  Please stop acting like we're opponents and you have to kick my ass by any means necessary.
Shoes...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10090 on: August 16, 2010, 03:15:43 pm »

Its a Temple of EVIL. Why are you expecting it to be semi-nice?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10091 on: August 16, 2010, 03:49:04 pm »

No, but can you imagine playing actual D&D like this?

The bugbear trips you.  Standing up will provoke attacks of opportunity from all four bugbears standing around you.  What do you do?

Uhh, die, I guess...
Shoes...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10092 on: August 16, 2010, 03:51:33 pm »

It's not our fault you couldn't munchkin your way out of that situation.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10093 on: August 16, 2010, 03:53:20 pm »

Yeah, the fact the the bugbear got close enough to trip you means you don't have enuff magic dakka.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #10094 on: August 16, 2010, 03:53:59 pm »

Notice the quote marks.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 671 672 [673] 674 675 ... 8167