Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23

Author Topic: Dragon Age: Origins  (Read 33982 times)

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Age: Origins
« Reply #150 on: November 04, 2009, 12:43:44 am »

Oh my dear sweet lord Ioric, we're done discussing that. If you want to continue argueing then start a new thread. We are discussing the game now.
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 04, 2009, 01:03:22 am »

Ok, ok, next time.  Sorry. :-[ 

So anyone who's played it, can you say whether it's got any actual meaningful choices with real consequences or is this still the typical Bioware choices that all lead to the same exact outcome?
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 04, 2009, 01:33:00 am »

We're both way off topic.

Yes we are, so i'm just going to quickly finish up here.

Again, your reasoning is faulty.  First of all, government controlled media is even more corruptible than commercial media.  They're controlled by the government, so if the government doesn't want them to report something, they better not report it, and yes, every government has things they don't want to get out to their public, like the fact that we invaded Iraq based on information they knew at the time was false, but went ahead with it anyway.

I would imagine the main difference here is that i am Australian and thus not afraid of my own Government; chalk it down to cultural differences.

Oh, and if you want to continue the Iraq discussion i'd be happy to (elsewhere), but note that the reasons publicly given for the invasion were complete bullshit, because the actual reasons were kind of dirty and not exactly nice.

This in particular has me befuddled.  Are you saying that you agree with me that subversive journalism is the unfortunate reality of the situation and that it's not good, while acting as though you're disagreeing with me?  Or are you arguing that we should accept things the way they currently are because they are currently that way?  If it's the first well... that's weird... If it's the second, then I'd have to point out the entirety of human history to you which illustrates how silly that reasoning is.

I agree that subversive journalism is the reality and that ideally honost journalism would be better, but i see no solution to the problem, and until a solution manifests i see no reason to whine about it.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 04, 2009, 01:43:25 am »

« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 02:02:52 am by Ioric Kittencuddler »

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 04, 2009, 04:47:33 am »

In case you've somehow forgotten, this new trailer is here to remind you, Dragon age has sex. http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sexy-montage-dragon-age/58584

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 04, 2009, 04:54:49 am »

Ugh. Well. I would have been very disappointed had Obsidian not stole the title of 'My Favorite Game Company' a few weeks ago, from BioWare.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 04, 2009, 04:56:06 am »

Sex in underwear.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 04, 2009, 04:56:18 am »

whatthefuckamiwatching.jpeg  ???

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 04, 2009, 05:11:49 am »

Watched the video.

Laaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 04, 2009, 05:12:38 am »

Well you know, we could always look at this as something we have to get over before nudity and sex can be allowed in a game without it being stupid.  Then again, Mafia had a sex scene that wasn't stupid so... Hm... :(

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 04, 2009, 05:15:51 am »

It was still the lamest thing I've ever watched.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 04, 2009, 05:16:28 am »

It's Bioware people, they don't understand what the hell they are doing. Just that it will get them attention.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 04, 2009, 05:17:11 am »

Port status seems good. Only one graphical glitch so far, runs decent and UI isn't stretched or compressed like usually happens with console ports that run in 1024x600 native. Mouse supported everywhere, no awkward keybindings. Difficulty is sketchy at best. The tournament at the start was won by right clicking on the enemy even in the finale on nightmare difficulty but the goblin stand in miniboss the tunnel a few minutes later kicked my and all my companion's ass repeatedly on pretty much any difficulty. May have something to do with it being full of archers and me using a two handed weapon(dorf noble)

Biggest flaw is still the fucking DLC policy.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 04, 2009, 05:20:50 am »

I hope Mass Effect 2 isn't like this.

EDIT- Could someone tell me the names of all the QUEST DLC's? I don't care about any damn random item, I just want a complete game.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 04, 2009, 10:23:06 am »

Encountering some very unsubtle railroading as well as a ridiculous cop out to make the DLC items irrelevant. Your inventory is reset barely 30 minutes in, getting rid of everything DLC, everything lootable is tailored to a rogue instead of a warrior, 2h skills are gimped by the default chosen 1h+shield skills and the only path that isn't dead end or leading to the next plot mcguffin has velociraptor with an unavoidable instant kill move on it.

Good engine, good port, good idea, shitty execution. The origin stories(at least he dwarf noble one) are about 30 minutes long if you don't spend the majority of the time reading the codex or making your 54325th attempt at the horribly unbalanced fights. Also, why am i a mute in dialogue? Did they really make me choose a voice so i could hear the 3 repeated lines in combat in a slightly different tone?

My observation that Bioware doesn't have the manpower to make 3 good games at the same time appears to be correct.

Also, we can spend skill points on either doing stuff or making the AI less dumb when not controlling them. So they either suck when not babysitting them because they are retards that can't use more then 2 spells or they suck when you are not babysitting them because they have nothing to do with their genius minds.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23