Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27

Author Topic: Josh's Things-Are-Looking-Up-Maybe Blog  (Read 18571 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: I might be disappearing on the 18th
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2009, 05:42:53 am »

I guess Broose didn't last long? Wow.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2009, 06:51:25 am »

I'll miss you and Pablo, Josh. By the way, how is he?

He's good, despite being imaginary.

Once I get to my destination, I'll be sure to go to the DnD thread and let you know what my schedule is, so you don't waste time booting me and getting someone else. Also, you might want to find someone else that can host, just in case.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2009, 07:56:26 am »

Thanks everyone for your support. I'll be leaving any minute now.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2009, 08:02:26 am »

Good luck josh! Try and stay in contact here okay!

Sofia gives Josh a going away hug. X3
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Josh is in College
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2009, 04:56:52 pm »

Hey guys, I'm typing this from the college's computer lab. Took me two days to get access to it.

Things are surprisingly nice. The people are friendly, the food is awesome, and there's lots of stuff to do. They have a little bowling alley and archery range for example.

My luggage was horribly heavy though, so I got an intense workout lugging around the my giant, unbalanced cases, which if I tried to pull along the ground on their wheels, they'd flip over from being so top-heavy.

Orientation was today, and my real classes will be starting tomorrow. Before anyone asks, I'm not majoring in anything, I'm in some sort of program that'll allow me to check out some of the stuff before making my decision.

Things seem so nice, I can't help but feel my outlook on life is improving.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2009, 04:59:44 pm »

Wait, they have an archery range? Awesome!

But yeah, good to hear back from you. How is the housing situation?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Go Josh!
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2009, 05:00:50 pm »

Go Josh! It's great that you got into a nice college.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2009, 05:01:46 pm »

Glad to hear it, Josh!
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Josh is in College
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2009, 05:11:48 pm »

Wait, they have an archery range? Awesome!

But yeah, good to hear back from you. How is the housing situation?

I'm staying in a Dorm with a roommate. He's nice, his name is Josh too. I got settled in pretty nice. The bed is soft, but good to sleep on.

There's also a gym, basketball court, punching bag, pool tables, bumper pool table, giant communal tv, foosball tables, table tennis, an indoor swimming pool, a place where you can borrow a wii or xbox 360, and a little shop where you can buy snacks or necessities. It's nice.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2009, 05:21:29 pm »

Bah bah bah what?  Man, that sounds really swell.  If I was in that situation I would play that pool everyday.  People would call me the "pool guy", even though I don't go int he pool, just that people feel it's better to make up words for games that have two 'll's in their name.  Then one day some guy will get the guts to come up and challenge me to a game and it will be furious.  About half way through a crowd will start gathering from the tension.  Then, last shot.  I get the 8 ball in or it's all nothin'.  Silence silence stick hit ball silence silence CHEERS.  I WON $5!!!  I AM THE BEST POOL PLAYER TO EVER FACE THIS COLLEGE.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2009, 05:26:10 pm »

Don't worry about having a major.  Most of the people who think they have one right now will end up changing their minds anyway, unless you're at one of those places with multiple "schools" that you apply to separately.

I wish my college had had an archery range.  They had an archery class, but I don't think they let anyone just waltz in and use the equipment.  Actually they probably did... goddammit!  You see how opportunities get missed!  Don't let it happen to you!

But seriously, glad you're having fun.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2009, 05:32:10 pm »

...and generally only good at APPEARING competent while not actually being competent at anything at all.
That is one of the best skills ever. You'll make good management someday.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2009, 06:19:57 pm »

I just tried out the archery range, and apparently I have really good form! I went from "haven't fired a bow in his life" to "Can hit the target 4 out of 5 times" within about 20 minutes.

Also, this archery range does just let anyone waltz in and use the equipment, although there's some staff on board to direct the archers to make sure they don't accidentally hit someone. To compliment the range targets, there's some rubber chickens on strings, daring people to hit them.

What's unfortunate is that the college itself is placed in a remote sections of the woods, and I don't own a car, so I have to sign up to be driven over to the nearby town if I want to buy anything not in the college's shop.

Mr Tk

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you like a mint? It's only waffer thin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2009, 06:32:26 pm »

Or get a bike (although with it coming into winter, maybe that's not such a good idea.)
First ten minutes of play I ate my loincloth and then got some limbs torn off by a super friendly rat. Thumbs up from me.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2009, 06:54:33 pm »

... You now must make whatever effort possible to become a pin-point archer. Bay12, and the DF community, requires this of you.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27