Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27

Author Topic: Josh's Things-Are-Looking-Up-Maybe Blog  (Read 18541 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I might be disappearing on the 18th
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2009, 09:40:31 pm »

Can anyone offer me some tips on any innocuous items I should bring, but might forget?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2009, 09:44:21 pm »

Well socks, unless you don't wear them.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2009, 09:52:41 pm »

Cell phone charger.  I always forget it for some reason.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2009, 09:56:27 pm »

OH! Tissues. In case you get lonl-

I mean if your nose gets runny! Yeah...

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2009, 09:58:18 pm »

Don't forget the hand moisturizer, to go along with those tissues.

I seem to forget shoes every time we vacation, so make doubly certain you have some. Don't want to wind up like me, 6 hours from home before you realize 'oh shit, no shoes!'.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2009, 10:02:36 pm »

Can anyone offer me some tips on any innocuous items I should bring, but might forget?

Blinders and earplugs, in case your roommate's an overachiever and studies late at night. And in case he steals your vaseline.  :-X
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2009, 10:07:04 pm »

I seem to forget shoes every time we vacation, so make doubly certain you have some. Don't want to wind up like me, 6 hours from home before you realize 'oh shit, no shoes!'.

Heh... I do that too actually. When me and Milly whent on a two week trip out of town I was so ecxited I forgot to wear my shoes... So I had to be barefoot the whole trip! XD

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2009, 10:20:20 pm »

A desk fan, for the white noise.

Plenty of socks, hangers for your shirts, waterproof sandals for the showers.

Headphones, so you can listen to your own stuff, but you can buy those anywhere.

If your dorm is anything like mine was, you'll want to bring your own desk chair, unless you want to sit on those crappy plastic school chairs for an entire semester.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2009, 01:27:54 am »

Face mask for the swarms of H1N1. Plenty of booze.

Toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, etc. I managed to forget all of mine this semester.

Trash bags and possibly a trash can. My previous university provided neither. My current one provides a can and one bag.

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2009, 11:16:34 am »

I feel so pathetic lately. My past experiences have shown that I'm terrible at making friends, worse at attacting women, easily depressed, out of shape, a heavy sleeper, bad with money, easily panicked, an atrocious planner, poorly organized, messy, overly quiet and introspective, obstinately solitary, prone to hypochondria, physically weak, intolerant of pain, explosively angry, deeply bothered by personal issues, horrifyingly lonely, and generally only good at APPEARING competent while not actually being competent at anything at all.

Oh god you sound like me. Please for the love of god do everything in your power to make friends. Do NOT do what I did. Do NOT sit there alone wallowing in self-pity, fear, and general misery, because it will, to be perfectly frank, fuck you up. I've lost 45 pounds so far and I'm still losing weight, among many other things, including my sanity.

Although I have to say that being able to fit into shirts that fit me nearly eight years ago is a plus.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2009, 11:33:47 am »

I tend to only ever forget the book I was reading.  Oh yeah, and my charger.  I can usually remember to bring an electrical item, but I sometimes forget about the charger.  Not good when you use an electric razor :P.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2009, 01:59:39 pm »

I feel so pathetic lately. My past experiences have shown that I'm terrible at making friends, worse at attacting women, easily depressed, out of shape, a heavy sleeper, bad with money, easily panicked, an atrocious planner, poorly organized, messy, overly quiet and introspective, obstinately solitary, prone to hypochondria, physically weak, intolerant of pain, explosively angry, deeply bothered by personal issues, horrifyingly lonely, and generally only good at APPEARING competent while not actually being competent at anything at all.

Oh god you sound like me. Please for the love of god do everything in your power to make friends. Do NOT do what I did. Do NOT sit there alone wallowing in self-pity, fear, and general misery, because it will, to be perfectly frank, fuck you up. I've lost 45 pounds so far and I'm still losing weight, among many other things, including my sanity.

Although I have to say that being able to fit into shirts that fit me nearly eight years ago is a plus.

Thanks Reasy. Though the bolded sentence makes it sound like you've not only lost weight, you've lost your sanity. Which is a funny typo.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2009, 02:01:12 pm »

I... think that's what he meant.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2009, 02:06:48 pm »

Oh, I thought... nevermind. I misread the meaning of his post.

I hope you get better Reasy. I'm pulling for ya.

bjlong

• Bay Watcher
  • [INVISIBLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2009, 02:20:11 pm »

Get some exercise. Preferably in a gym where you do something like racquetball or something else where you remain 1) clothed and 2) active the entire time. Make sure its with other beginners, too. Fighting sports\arts (BJJ, Muy Thai, Escrima, Boxing are all good) help out a lot. Trust me--I've been there, and fighting sports give you poise like nothing else. (They also train you to look at someone's chest, so be aware of that when around female folk.)

Really, the key is to force yourself to do the things that you want to do. Which is really weird when I type it out like this. But, yeah, generally people are all rooting for you after you say hello to them. Just relax and talk to someone whenever you've got an excuse to do so.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 02:21:56 pm by bjlong »
I hesitate to click the last spoiler tag because I expect there to be Elder Gods in it or something.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27