Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88688 times)

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 109: I did it because it was funny)
« Reply #1560 on: December 31, 2010, 04:22:31 am »

hmmmm... well then it looks to me to be just hanging till we mob whatever poor poor being dares be a problem in the next world?
then changing action to
tinker with the castle with a aim to improve the damage potential of the canon (if fire rate is high work on damage per shot/if damage is high work on fire rate)

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: December 31, 2010, 08:21:27 am »

You know, we could just go strait to the light plane now.▬ I mean, if everyone is just going to be doing variations of "I wait" or "generic upgrade", it wont be a very entertaining turn or two.
  My blade should be sharp enough for the task...
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: December 31, 2010, 11:27:53 am »

Let them... I've got a status ailment...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: December 31, 2010, 12:21:05 pm »

Enchant my steel hand to be able to fly around at my will, since I'm kinda amorphous now.

Mainly, I'm ready to get to the light plane too.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: December 31, 2010, 04:45:40 pm »

ahhh i kinda do want to do a little upgrading first as it is my worst plane....

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: January 01, 2011, 01:31:23 am »

I had thought SHAD0Wdumps wounds were healed; I guess just not all the way...He still needs to post an action.

[ ] How about this; if the majority of the five players around the ship keep their generic action, I'm changing mine to polymorphing the whole ship into grabbing everyone and dragging them through a brand new rift to the most corrupted part of the light plane. Luki's action is just barely good enough, and Stonemt's is just on the other side of limit.
 The man in the hexagon is going to be so angry at me for this, if it happens.

I uh wait because I'm waiting for us to go to the next place
(This was written in a PM, but a spark is more likely to catch with more straw...if it's dry, anyway.*Writes the beginnings of this post.*)
  ...perhaps you could also use Luki as a new makeshift furnace; he would just need to float in the right position while working on his metal hand.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 01:33:52 am by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: January 01, 2011, 11:25:10 am »

...perhaps you could also use Luki as a new makeshift furnace; he would just need to float in the right position while working on his metal hand.

I'll cooperate with this, good plan!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: January 01, 2011, 03:22:26 pm »

OH, the turn was done. Ok...

I wait on Legion to go to the light plane. Scribe some more scrolls, looking for mainly a major transformation spell to infuse.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 03:24:44 pm by SHAD0Wdump »

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: January 01, 2011, 05:16:20 pm »

...so wanting to prepare so i can actualy survive in a hostile enviroment is a bad thing?
if you want to go so badly go but dont force others to go along with you.
i will attack if you do drag me there.
that is all.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: January 01, 2011, 10:03:55 pm »

...so wanting to prepare so i can actualy survive in a hostile enviroment is a bad thing?
It's not your goal; it's how you're doing it. Instead of something that's interchangeable with "give my cannon more DPS", do something that not only upgrades the cannon, but gives you many more options and possible upgrades. Like "reconstruct my cannon's soul energy converter so that the beam of each shot lingers, and may be used to build a web of life-draining shadows". Although it would be really good if you also came up with a rational for why it might work.

if you want to go so badly go but dont force others to go along with you.
i will attack if you do drag me there.
that is all.
I knew that when I posted it; it might as well be a suicide action, with all the powerful mages that might-not/doesn't want to go yet. But it is an action written with the knowledge that life should be entertaining, and that there shouldn't be stagnant moments.
 The character rational for this is that Malak has accidentally, temporarily addled his brain with all the polymorphic magic he's been using. Or some corrupted version of an adrenaline rush...sounds like something I would do after all that awesome stuff happening in a row.

I still need to see what Jervous and Flintus think about it. SHAD0Wdump's action is, conversely, above the limit, since he has some multi-step goal in mind.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 10:05:37 pm by Nivm »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: January 01, 2011, 10:54:26 pm »

SHAD0Wdump's action is, conversely, above the limit, since he has some multi-step goal in mind.
How so? I'm using my time on Legion to write up some scrolls.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: January 01, 2011, 10:58:09 pm »

foine

Remake my crown using the furnace, making it an even higher quality than before!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: January 01, 2011, 11:39:16 pm »

SHAD0Wdump's action is, conversely, above the limit, since he has some multi-step goal in mind.
How so? I'm using my time on Legion to write up some scrolls.
Conversely, just because it refers what happens if it were not so. Aside from that, I was expecting desperately that you were aiming for one of the more interesting possibilities, like a scroll spell control ability, and some of the other interesting things you could do with arcane magic. Although I speak of it as an absolute limit, I noticed that my if-then only requires a change of action (thus making Jervous' action fine; since it's an improvement from the last one), so I'm busy trying to out-lawyer myself for the scrolls.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: January 04, 2011, 01:00:36 am »

...hey i dont care what you think or do. just saying that i as a person dont agree with draging people around and my charicter is....well less then friendly?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: January 06, 2011, 07:44:08 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Continue practicing the compression technique.
[2+1] You make a bit of progress, but you can't quite seem to get the magic to work in the manner you want.

Quote from: Jervous
Remake my crown using the furnace, making it an even higher quality than before!
[4] You forge your crown into an even more impressive piece of jewelery! Unfortunately, it is still just jewelry.

Quote from: stonemt
tinker with the castle with a aim to improve the damage potential of the canon (if fire rate is high work on damage per shot/if damage is high work on fire rate)
[1] You attempt that, but instead you break the cannon's connection to the souls powering it, rendering the cannon non-functional. (just get to the light plane. It the final boss, any time you spend preparing will just make it worse.)

Quote from: SHADOWdump
I wait on Legion to go to the light plane. Scribe some more scrolls, looking for mainly a major transformation spell to infuse.
[2] You look through your books, but don't find anything that looks useful.

Quote from: Nivm
I apologize for my lack of aim and fly around trying to make introductions, during which my shortsword is sheathed. I offer my services to anyone who wishes them during this time; I'm going to be around fixing up the damages to the ship and doing a better job repairing my tophat, which I equip.
 Legion is going to be taking us to the city at gradually more ridiculous speeds.
 Erreti will be sneaking into the god chariot and giving the singers a surprise chilly touch.
 Tharic will be organizing a game of chess between the dragon and the ship. There might be betting.
[2] You introduce yourself to everyone and give orders to legion to head back to the city, though you are unable to make any significant progress on Legion's repairs, the same enchantment that makes it harder to destroy meaning you have to traverse the entire place to fix it. You do adjust your tophat to fit perfectly though.
The angelic singers turn out to be immaterial, and don't even notice Erreti, and Tharic determines that dragons are not very good at chess. Keeps breaking the pieces when it tries to move them.

Quote from: rolan7
Enchant my steel hand to be able to fly around at my will, since I'm kinda amorphous now.
[3+1] You modify your steel hand to move independently of your body. Sorta hard to control though. (-1 to using it for anything complicated)

Quote from: dermonster
Pull back the remains of my ice leviathan and use it to form a kind of self repeating stepping stone into the air. View the land around me.
[3+3] The land around you stretches to infinity, an almost featureless white plane as far as you can tell. The only exception is a gigantic tower covered in fractal designs in the distance.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 111