Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88614 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 110: You have rolled... poorly)
« Reply #1590 on: January 27, 2011, 07:44:01 pm »

Bleh. I'm taking far too long between turns. I have a lot of homework, but not THAT much.

This spot will be a turn in a few hours!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: January 27, 2011, 07:45:34 pm »

You'd better make it a new post so we can actually see it![/proactive]

(You know, for those who just saw that one and won't get a new notification.)
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: January 27, 2011, 09:43:10 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Jump on my cloud and scout out the plain.
[4] You fly around a bit and determine the obvious. The plane is flat, and there's a giant tower in front of you.

Quote from: Jervous
Find the source of taint!
[5] You astutely determine that your 'ally' Daemon is the source. What with him creating it as you watch.

Quote from: stonemt
TAINT THE PLANE OF LIGHT
[5+2] You concentrate your power and the area around you begins to grow darker. The solid white of the plane becomes gray, and then blackness begins to spread from your location.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Find Waldo.
[2] You scan the blank white horizon, searching for a speck of striped red and white. You find nothing.

Quote from: Nivm
I ~shatter the Abomination of the Light Plane, and the Abomination of Divided Planes.
[6+1] You begin your work correcting what the madman has done to this plane, returning the complexity to the world. As you work, the shadows Daemon was summoning are drawn into the spell, and the entire area begins to warp, the geometry slowly becoming more and more complex, the ground becoming more natural. It's will be quite a while before you're done though, and the group seems to have alerted the wizard who did this.

Quote from: rolan7
Enchant my gauntlet to be move around at by my will, powered by heat.
[2] ...didn't you already do that?

Quote from: dermonster
Head toward the tower. Keep the water swirling around me sorta like a typhoon to prevent crystallization.
[6] You make it most of the way to the tower, but as you approach the tower begins to open up, the simple geometry of the pillar shifting and changing into... well, it isn't clear just yet. But you can see a human figure standing in the center of the changes.

Edit: (experience has been given. I just forgot to mark it down. 2 each for Nivm and Flintus)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 09:45:02 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 111 uh... 1!)
« Reply #1593 on: January 27, 2011, 09:51:05 pm »

I sorta distance myself from Stonemt as he clearly is not doing this world any favors.

Meanwhile, lets get a closer look at that shifting tower shall we?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: January 27, 2011, 09:55:09 pm »

Ride a wave of water up to the man. Get a good look at him. If friendly seeming, greet.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 11:11:58 am by dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: January 27, 2011, 11:51:20 pm »

Enchant my gauntlet to be move around at by my will, powered by heat.
[2] ...didn't you already do that?

If you say so (:  I tried something similar, but I thought that action was lost when the turn was simplified.  No matter.
Follow dermonster to meet the wizard.  Prepare to deliver warm hug if necessary.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: January 28, 2011, 09:14:56 am »

make it so my taint keeps on tainting even if i dont actualy do anything

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: January 29, 2011, 12:35:12 am »

Would you look at that? All the [1]s for this turn were used up in the title!

[ ] I just keep on going! "Mages of Power; I beg a boon of thee! Keep the Simple Wizard from interrupting me!" Open the air plane to the lattice! Insure the conduit orientation does not insta-gib anyone with the now infinitely tall pillars.

I think Daemon's work will finish opening the Dark Plane, which should cause this one to be mirrored right underneath the surface. Otherwise, tactics might be required; this wizard is capable of reality altering tricks, so flooding mockeries of life is not unlikely. Of course, any of you could ally yourselves with him; he is very polite, and will surely ask for your help in a courteous and straightforward fashion.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: January 29, 2011, 09:47:32 pm »

Fly to the tower! Weeeeeeee

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: February 04, 2011, 09:07:23 am »

Fly up to the tower and wait for the wizard to act. While I wait give one last attempt to perfect the compression spell.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 112: Mecha-wizard?)
« Reply #1600 on: February 07, 2011, 07:07:51 pm »

(no more experience from now on. At this point everyone is so far from leveling they would have to roll all 5s til the end of the game to get anything from it)

Quote from: Flintus10
Fly up to the tower and wait for the wizard to act. While I wait give one last attempt to perfect the compression spell.
[4+1] You finally manage to get the spell tight. Just in time for the final boss too!

Quote from: Jervous
Fly to the tower! Weeeeeeee
[5] You fly to the tower. Weeeeeeeeee!

Quote from: stonemt
make it so my taint keeps on tainting even if i dont actualy do anything
[5] You set up a continuous feed of power to your spell, continuing it's effect even without your presence.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
I sorta distance myself from Stonemt as he clearly is not doing this world any favors.

Meanwhile, lets get a closer look at that shifting tower shall we?
[2] You distance yourself from Stonemt. And when you look back up at the tower, it has become a gigantic wizard. Huh?

I just keep on going! "Mages of Power; I beg a boon of thee! Keep the Simple Wizard from interrupting me!" Open the air plane to the lattice!
[5+1] As your spell increases in power phantasmal pillars of glowing crystal begin to phase into existence.

Follow dermonster to meet the wizard.  Prepare to deliver warm hug if necessary.
[3] You start to fly up to the wizard. But his treatment of Loki causes you to pause partway up.

Quote from: dermonster
Ride a wave of water up to the man. Get a good look at him. If friendly seeming, greet.
[3+3] You ride the water up to the transforming tower and greet the man. He points at you and the water supporting you vanishes. Whoops. As you fall the tower finishes transforming, shaping itself into a giant version of the wizard controlling it.

The transformed tower and it's controller begin to move as the wizard threatens the group.
"This place is perfect! No chaos can appear if nothing changes! You think you all can do better? You saw the problems the overflow of chaotic power caused in the other planes, but there are no such problems here! Only you insects."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: February 07, 2011, 07:18:43 pm »

"You argue for a plane of order? Of no chaos whatsoever? Uniform in every way, unchanging and indifferent. Such a place would be a plane of stagnation, it would grow ill and become weak. You must be like the water, ever flowing, ever changing, but always must there be a balance of order and chaos. Neither one or the other is perfect, only the pathway in between is true."

Use all of my power to summon the entirety of the plane of waters... well... water, through the portals to me. Ice tiger (If I still have it) attacks the wizard.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: February 07, 2011, 08:14:29 pm »

You know what... At this point I don't know what to do...

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: February 07, 2011, 08:43:30 pm »

did i hear the large wizard man or not? its hard to tell what effects everyone and what just effects them....

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: February 07, 2011, 09:04:19 pm »

did i hear the large wizard man or not? its hard to tell what effects everyone and what just effects them....
He can not only will inanimate objects out of existence, but talk into people's minds across planes too. He's probably been practicing for a long time.

You know what... At this point I don't know what to do...
Wrenching control of the plane light? Making a sun and vaporizing the simple wizard? Gods? Hmm..gods...

I just keep on going! "Mages of Power; I beg a boon of thee! Keep the Simple Wizard from interrupting me!" Open the air plane to the lattice!
[5+1] As your spell increases in power phantasmal pillars of glowing crystal begin to phase into existence.
Use all of my power to summon the entirety of the plane of waters... well... water, through the portals to me. Ice tiger (If I still have it) attacks the wizard.
Why bother with portals? Just take the whole plane! (I will not be responsible for others or myself being washed away by the possible flood or sudden lack of ground. Although, everyone does have flight now...)

[ ] I call Erreti to do familiar duty, steadying my mind and guarding my body. "We're cooking with the gods now! Wow this nexus in reality is bright, and loud." Open the water plane to the lattice! I'll try to make use of the growing lattice to easily connect Derek's portal and spell.

Why is Loki here? We have no "Loki".
I'm kinda worried about what those sixes are going to do to me...but success is success, as long as I survive through the finish, anyway.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 111