Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88925 times)

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 95: Jabberwock)
« Reply #1320 on: September 14, 2010, 07:09:22 pm »

start sending some smaller lightning bolts at the pirate ship

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: September 14, 2010, 09:07:24 pm »

Summon my cannon somewhere above. Hand Malak his scroll.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 09:38:17 pm by SHAD0Wdump »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: September 14, 2010, 09:08:44 pm »

There is no above. You're at the top of the plane... Actually there's no way for anything to hover here without some sort of propulsion. Orbit doesn't exist when the world is flat.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: September 14, 2010, 09:37:49 pm »

There is no above. You're at the top of the plane... Actually there's no way for anything to hover here without some sort of propulsion. Orbit doesn't exist when the world is flat.
Hmm...

Fine, I implement a cannon into Legion's bow. Still handing Malak his scroll.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: September 15, 2010, 07:53:11 am »

Investigate the crashed demon.  Ask it what it wants.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: September 15, 2010, 10:57:12 am »

leave i supose

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: September 15, 2010, 07:10:33 pm »

Hehe, you should have saved that title for when I used the scroll. A Stonemt, you can be more imaginative than that for Daemon! And instead of just leaving, say to go somewhere specific.

[ ] "Well, we wont learn what tricks it has under-deck until we attack", while thumbing jowl "...or will we." I accept the scroll from SHAD0Wdump with plans to make sure he accepts some kind of payment; "You have my greatest thanks, I will pay you back personally when we are in a less dangerous situation". I then race up the observation tower, and use the windows to get more information on the giant pirate ship, as Legion starts firing upon it with the new cannon balls. "I think we lost our tactical momentum."
 I also greet Jervous' drake telepathically, who is up there with me, examining the colors.  ( [= )

Where are you going to note down the cannon balls in the stats? (Jervous shouldn't have any shoddy cannon balls now.)

Edit: To SHAD0W's below. I posted this at the end of the day after skipping sleep for a night.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 02:28:24 am by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: September 15, 2010, 07:39:42 pm »

(mk)

I fire dem cannonballs at the enemy ship >:3
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 02:33:00 pm by Jervous »

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: September 15, 2010, 07:50:21 pm »

Yes we are, but I guess I should make the order explicit.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: September 16, 2010, 06:22:13 am »

I ain't Dragnar... O\

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: September 16, 2010, 04:15:00 pm »

...you know in retrospect that action doesent fit at all??

"they may try" EAT EM LIKE SPAGHETTI! in a metaphysical way i mean i dont think i am hungry but i would like their power...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: September 17, 2010, 03:36:34 pm »

I feel lazy today, so NO UPDATE FOR YOU! Muahahahaha!!!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: September 17, 2010, 03:44:12 pm »

I feel lazy today, so NO UPDATE FOR YOU! Muahahahaha!!!
>:O

*mobs Dragnar*

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 96: Fire at will!)
« Reply #1333 on: September 18, 2010, 10:15:24 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
start sending some smaller lightning bolts at the pirate ship
[1+1] Your lightning bolts fizzle out before reaching the ship. Must have been a bit too small...

Quote from: Jervous
I fire dem cannonballs at the enemy ship >:3
[5] The cannons aim and fire themselves, and you are left scrambling to keep up, loading cannonballs as fast as you can. You're a little too busy to get a good look at the damage they're doing though.

Quote from: stonemt
"they may try" EAT EM LIKE SPAGHETTI! in a metaphysical way i mean i dont think i am hungry but i would like their power...
[3] You begin tearing through the things, but no matter how many you rip apart there are still more. And there doesn't seem to be any power in these things for you to absorb.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Fine, I implement a cannon into Legion's bow. Still handing Malak his scroll.
[5] You hand over the scroll and begin summoning another of your laser cannons. The spell works perfectly, even with some wood in the way, and Legion is soon outfitted with a new laser cannon! [4] It has a mostly full charge and should be able to fire next turn.

Quote from: Nivm
I race up the observation tower, and use the windows to get more information on the giant pirate ship, as Legion starts firing upon it with the new cannon balls. "I think we lost our tactical momentum."
 I also greet Jervous' drake telepathically, who is up there with me, examining the colors.  ( [= )
[6] Legion begins firing the modified cannonballs as you scan the giant ship. You don't se anything out of the ordinary about it... until the cannonballs begin to strike. They leave gaping holes in the ship, through which you can see nothing but... well, nothing. The cannonballs are tearing holes in the ship, but beyond the outer hull you can see nothing but blackness.
Leech's drake glances around confused at your message, then gets a look of intense concentration and sends a message back at you. The message is nothing but a picture of a piece of raw meat... strange, that wasn't a two-way mental link.

Quote from: rolan7
Investigate the crashed demon.  Ask it what it wants.
[2] The demon is inside the building still. Sounds like there's fighting going on in there. Also, there are no mages cutting cultists faces off anywhere. >:(

Quote from: dermonster
Temporarily reform my eyes (If they are made out of ice) to be able to read at long distances. If my eyes aren't made of Ice, just walk up to the thing and try to decipher the writing up close and cautiously
[5] You modify your eyes a bit to be able to focus better over long distances. Unfortunately you can't read any of the writing, it's in some language you have never seen.

Quote from: pirates?
?
The pirate ship remains stationary, but movement can be seen in the blackness within.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something... Hmm...

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 96: Fire at will!)
« Reply #1334 on: September 18, 2010, 10:21:50 pm »

Hmm... I'm torn between poking it or getting out of there.

Decisions decisions...

With my back to the wall, circle around the thing, searching for another passageway.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 111