Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88743 times)

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 68: menaces with spikes of spikes)
« Reply #870 on: April 23, 2010, 06:40:30 pm »

I am corrected, you need to think more often. Your last sentence, being correct, makes moot the rest of your post. The Nothing-Magic creatures Daemon destroyed two turns ago were what I thought you referred to.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: April 23, 2010, 07:03:39 pm »

Thanks and with that i bid Elemental RTD a Fond Farewell

And shamelessly ask for clicks on my egg :D
Back to Mafia with me!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: April 23, 2010, 07:23:16 pm »

Then I thought that stonemt might be interested in them, since they seem rather darkness-aligned.  So, I thought ShadowDUMP and I might go help stonemt finish his plane, then bring him back to see these creatures.
This is assuming stonemt wont just devour us or something, he has been doing serious... Work, in the darkness plane. >_>

Since these guys seem less than happy to meet us, I retreat into the Earth dimension to find Jervous.
While going there, I recall from my knowledge of creatures what those smoke things were.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 10:32:34 pm by SHAD0Wdump »

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: April 23, 2010, 08:04:20 pm »

awww come on... i wouldent eat you! maybe? (^_^X)
craft a tourture chamber for the souls and use the resulting dark energy to make a battery for my cannons (so i dont have to find fuel every time want to shoot something...)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: April 23, 2010, 09:45:07 pm »

Hmph.  I almost want to stay and see whether I can command these things, but I am wounded, and I want to rejoin the group.

I travel with ShadowDUMP, while reworking the gun so it can fire again.

By the way. ShadowDUMP, apparently you know everything about all monsters.  Can you get some information on these creatures (shouldn't take an action I don't think)?  I'm sure they're fire-aligned, I'm just curious if they're *also* darkness-aligned.  I'd also bet they're weak against water, if they're smoke or ash.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: April 23, 2010, 10:32:44 pm »

Right.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: April 25, 2010, 11:52:30 am »

Just waiting on flintus.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: April 25, 2010, 12:49:33 pm »

Drag, whats you DC scroll? i want to see your dragons :P
Back to Mafia with me!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: April 25, 2010, 01:02:58 pm »

Diakron, why does it seem like only after putting yourself in stasis do you return?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: April 25, 2010, 07:28:35 pm »

Drag, whats you DC scroll? i want to see your dragons :P
http://dragcave.net/user/kentonroush
Dragnar was taken already. As was kenton.

Diakron, why does it seem like only after putting yourself in stasis do you return?
Yes, quite odd indeed.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 08:55:47 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: April 25, 2010, 08:28:51 pm »

because i got a modem the next day but i don't go back on my word
Back to Mafia with me!

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: April 25, 2010, 09:36:41 pm »

Escape the police and then look for one of the taverns that the criminals frequent.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: April 26, 2010, 11:27:27 am »

[ ] Keep looking for the kitchen; I need ink to write the rune. If I find food, I'll swallow the stuff with the most dye (blue/black-berries, grapes, tomatoes) and attempt to distill said dye. I really should have thought to make dye instead of eye irritant.
I'm getting started on the turn now(though it'll be quite a while til I have time to finish), and you might want to change your action. You don't need ink for the rune, the book's magic creates it on it's own, same as how it fixed your telekinesis: the rune flies out of the book and enchants whatever surface you wish.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: April 26, 2010, 02:38:31 pm »

Hm, when you said "place it on a piece of paper" I thought that implied ink. I'm going to need to use this rune more than once, so I'm going to try memorizing it when I use it the first time, then writing it. Unless this is an auto-fail action? And I am sorry that I asked about the skill gains again; I made my own detailed set of RTD rules and got them mixed up.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 69: Bruised ego)
« Reply #884 on: April 26, 2010, 07:18:51 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Escape the police and then look for one of the taverns that the criminals frequent.
[3+1(stealth)] You successfully evade the police and find your way into the back alleys. You find the tavern mentioned in the police's files quickly, though it might not be a good idea to enter with your disguise on.

Quote from: Jervous
Thank the druid and walk off into the forests, seeking more adventure with my new wolf companion.
[1] You leave town seeking Adventure. You find rocks. And grass and trees and even a few birds. Distracted by all these amazing sights you trip over a branch and bruise you ego.
bruised ego(-1 to charisma until you accomplish something)

Quote from: stonemt
craft a tourture chamber for the souls and use the resulting dark energy to make a battery for my cannons (so i dont have to find fuel every time want to shoot something...)
[5+1] You call your castle out of the extra-dimensional void it was hidden in, causing a panic in the city below. You then cause it to change shape, altering the cannon to be fueled by the suffering of souls. You then teleport inside and add the souls of the mages to the machine, causing dark magic to begin charging the cannon. You feel a bit odd though, exhausted from your constant use of magic both mentally and physically.(To clarify: this does not usually happen)
expert dark magic(+2 to dark magic rolls)
magical exhaustion??

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Since these guys seem less than happy to meet us, I retreat into the Earth dimension to find Jervous.
While going there, I recall from my knowledge of creatures what those smoke things were.
[2] You hop in your chariot and command it to head for the earth plane. As you go you think about the creatures you just encountered. You remember that they are known simply as fire-shades, and are a sort of weak fire elemental, only capable of surviving in close proximity to a heat source and easily damaged by almost any attack. You think there was more about their tactics, powers, etc, but you cannot remember.

Quote from: Nivm
Try memorizing the magic mapping rune.
[5] Instead of casting the rune you try to memorize it so that it can be used again. It takes concentration to not cast the rune on accident by focusing on anything else, but you manage it nonetheless.
(oh yeah, one note: magic mapping is a bit more powerful here than in most worlds. It's closer to the marauder's map than a normal one, changing whenever what it maps changes, though it doesn't show people)
magic mapping rune learned

Quote from: rolan7
I travel with ShadowDUMP, while reworking the gun so it can fire again.
[5] You join SHAD0Wdump on his way back to the earth plane and start fixing the damage you did to your gun. Why did you ever think removing the barrel was a good idea? Anyway, you manage to get your gun back into it's original condition, and you even manage to preserve a few spikes!

Quote from: dermonster
Enter!
The water artifact reappears with it's new wielder, a man composed entirely of ice and covered in thick armor. He finds himself near the frozen Diakron, next to the inter-planar portals.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 111