Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88746 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 67: stonemt rolls something other than a 6!)
« Reply #855 on: April 19, 2010, 09:45:43 am »

He has a ring of stealth. Not very useful after you have already been spotted, it simply makes him easier to miss(not in the combat sense of the word).
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: April 19, 2010, 12:16:55 pm »

im here, but my modem dies, can't find a 56k dialup modem for crap so i'll have to step out...

As a final request i'd like to be a statue in the portal room with my summons around me :D
Back to Mafia with me!

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: April 19, 2010, 07:37:45 pm »

Ask for some tamed animal companions, magic scrolls that tame animals, or him to teach me a spell to tame animals. :D

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: April 21, 2010, 07:54:46 pm »

Anyone wondering why there hasn't been an update?! The answer is... *drum roll*
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: April 21, 2010, 09:37:21 pm »

I had assumed you had real life, but I think that answer probably still applies. Perhaps you needed to forget for a while.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: April 22, 2010, 04:13:44 pm »

Real... life? What is this "life" you speak of? I have no life... but I do have college, which actually is going to prevent me from finishing the turn today. Huge test I've got to finish studying for.

How ironic, accused of having a life because I was forgetful, and now what I do have of one actually is the problem.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 68: menaces with spikes of spikes)
« Reply #861 on: April 23, 2010, 10:16:28 am »

Quote from: Flintus10
"I've got my badge officers...right here *Put on Invisibility ring*"
And then run the hell away and look for the taverns.
[2+1] You manage to run out of the station and use your ring of stealth to blend in with the crowd, but you aren't completely invisible, and the cops aren't far behind.

Quote from: Jervous
Ask for some tamed animal companions, magic scrolls that tame animals, or him to teach me a spell to tame animals.
[5] "Certainly, no trouble at all. Follow me, the best way to learn is to do!" With that, he takes you into the woods and tells you the basics of the animal taming spell. After a short wait a [4] wolf wanders nearby and you successfully tame it wit the druid's help.
wolf companion(intimidating howl ability)

Quote from: stonemt
shadow walk back and rip their magic AND their souls out.
[4+1] Angered, you warp back into the mage's chamber and attack them. This time you simply rip their souls from their bodies instead of draining them. [3-1] They are too surprised by your rapid return to react, and are killed instantly. Their souls begin to float about the room, unable to fight you without bodies.
magic form ability: -1 to defense rolls against your magic!
dark magic(28/32 exp.)

Quote from: Diakron
As a final request i'd like to be a statue in the portal room with my summons around me.
You grow weary of the adventuring life, but you still want to leave your mark on the planes before you go. In a massive surge of magic you transform yourself and all of your minions into statues of unmelting ice all around the portals. The water artifact falls from your frozen hands and vanished, going forth to seek a new master.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Alright... I approach the shadowy beings. (monotone voice)"Greetings, I've come to this plane because some greater being apparently needs me to fix things and whatnot, is there anything troubling your kind?" *stares at the gaping hole*
[6] You approach the beings, hoping to peacefully greet them, when one turns toward you. It's eyes are pinpricks of flame floating inside a body formed of smoke. It seems they were not shadowy due to distance, but due to actually lacking a distinct body. Also, they are not interested in diplomacy, unless you consider the fireballs flying toward you to be peaceful conversation.

Quote from: Nivm
Lets find our way to the kitchen first (I'll make doors where need be, or just entry-ways if I'm not confident about my architectural ability), then find some snacks there. I stop extracting nitrogen, and ask my crew-mate what his name is as we walk.
[2+1] You try to warp the ship in such a way that you can reach the kitchen, but aren't entirely sure which way it is. On the bright side, you have connected several other rooms to your section of the ship, and your crew-mate informs you that he is called Tharic.

Quote from: rolan7
Put obsidian spikes on the gun so it's recognizable as an artifact.
[1+1-1] You put spikes all over your gun. You even replace the barrel with a spike! Wait... what? Looking at your work, you confirm that yes, your gun can no longer fire.

dermonster, I'll edit your entrance in in a few hours, my laptop's battery is about dead, and I won't have another computer for a while.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: April 23, 2010, 11:04:41 am »

It would be nice to get all the players back together in one plane. Flint, think you can finish up in town in the next three turns or so? And perhaps pick up some architecture books?

[ ] Keep looking for the kitchen; I need ink to write the rune. If I find food, I'll swallow the stuff with the most dye (blue/black-berries, grapes, tomatoes) and attempt to distill said dye. I really should have thought to make dye instead of eye irritant.

Oh, and what happened to Erreti's investigations? I thought it would only be about 15-20m to the center. And the statuses say I am at (3/16) polymorpher experience, when here it had been increased to (6/16), and I'm guessing what I just did wasn't complex enough to get experience?
 Jervous needs to tame animal spell in the status. Why would Daemon need to defend against his own magic?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: April 23, 2010, 12:48:55 pm »

Allll according to plan.  If only I had a plan.

Undeactivate my pauldron (turn off the robe) and jump in front of ShadowDUMP to protect him from the fireballs.  As I stand fearlessly in the rain of fireballs, I brandish the ridiculously menacing gun-artifact and shout "I am Luki, flamebearer, and you are my minions!".
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: April 23, 2010, 02:34:41 pm »

Oh wait I'm in this now?

SWEET

... Makes me feel bad that I completely forgot what we're supposed to be doing.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: April 23, 2010, 03:04:59 pm »

It would be nice to get all the players back together in one plane. Flint, think you can finish up in town in the next three turns or so? And perhaps pick up some architecture books?
That would be nice! Then I could throw bigger bosses at you...

Edit: And as for the status problems, I'll fix those in a moment. You didn't get exp this turn because you rolled a 2. exp is based on your roll before, not after modifiers(which now that I think about it means yes, what you did was too simple, being the most minor use of your magic possible at your skill level).

Undeactivate my pauldron (turn off the robe) and jump in front of ShadowDUMP to protect him from the fireballs.  As I stand fearlessly in the rain of fireballs, I brandish the ridiculously menacing gun-artifact and shout "I am Luki, flamebearer, and you are my minions!".
That better not work...

There is something wrong in every plane(plus as many sidequests as you care to find). Your job is to fix the problems and then... you don't know what happens after that just yet. the planes of water, earth, and sorta dark are finished.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 03:08:51 pm by dragnar »

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: April 23, 2010, 03:05:46 pm »

Thank the druid and walk off into the forests, seeking more adventure with my new wolf companion.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: April 23, 2010, 03:19:48 pm »

That would be nice! Then I could throw bigger bosses at you...

Edit: And as for the status problems, I'll fix those in a moment. You didn't get exp this turn because you rolled a 2. exp is based on your roll before, not after modifiers(which now that I think about it means yes, what you did was too simple, being the most minor use of your magic possible at your skill level).

That better not work...

There is something wrong in every plane(plus as many sidequests as you care to find). Your job is to fix the problems and then... you don't know what happens after that just yet. the planes of water, earth, and sorta dark are finished.

Haha, well, I would be happy with just scaring them off.  Maybe a second roll to see if they'll obey, or maybe convert only some of them.

I like the idea of regrouping.  Maybe shadowdump and I could help finish the dark plane, then the dark mage could come study these shadow fiends.
Assuming any remain (:
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: April 23, 2010, 04:46:09 pm »

Shadow could use his chariot to collect everyone right before a boss battle, and hopefully my Battle Cruiser Conglomerate Mess will be satisfactory by then.
 Rolan, you aught to read more often. All the fiends were gone a couple turns ago.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: April 23, 2010, 05:46:14 pm »

Shadow could use his chariot to collect everyone right before a boss battle, and hopefully my Battle Cruiser Conglomerate Mess will be satisfactory by then.
 Rolan, you aught to read more often. All the fiends were gone a couple turns ago.

What fiends were those?  I was speaking of the shadowy creatures who are, right now, attacking me and ShadowDUMP.  How dare they attack us, the fiends (:
Then I thought that stonemt might be interested in them, since they seem rather darkness-aligned.  So, I thought ShadowDUMP and I might go help stonemt finish his plane, then bring him back to see these creatures.

Of course, if I can get a few to follow me, that's even better.  Maybe they're smoke elementals or something, since this is the plane of fire.
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 111