Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88721 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 65: evil rolls)
« Reply #825 on: April 12, 2010, 05:06:49 pm »

I'm gonna post the turn tomorrow, whether or not Diakron posts. If he doesn't he'll just ask around for a quest.. Can't have this drop off the first page!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 66: um... oops?)
« Reply #826 on: April 13, 2010, 05:16:53 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Offer the play scripts to the man and try to convince him they are extremely valuable. Throw in a magic crystal if i need to.

After paying I will head around town and interrogate random civilians untill they tell me where all the criminals are hiding.
[3] You purchase the outfit using your scripts(which are valuable, being from another world) and then use your disguise to try and interrogate people. Turns out, your average person doesn't know anything about criminal hideouts. Huh.

Quote from: Jervous
Scream for a medic, and if noone comes after a few more screamings, fall asleep and rest.
[5] An elven healer hears you yelling and repairs the damage you inflicted upon yourself. You are scolded for doing something so rash, but the elven magic patches you up quite well, and you're ready to go once more.

Quote from: stonemt
shadow walk to the mages and speak with them as to the destruction of those... things.
[6(again?!)] You shadow walk to the other side of the city and... well that wasn't shadow walking. In an instant you move to your destination, accompanied by a rather flashy discharge of magical energy. This is sufficient to break the mages concentration, and [1] they attack you before you can explain yourself. [4] You dodge out of the way of their spells, avoiding damage.

Quote from: Diakron
GM: Look for a quest.
[1] You pester the townspeople, asking for any jobs, anything at all. Eventually they get fed up with you and begin to ignore you completely, hoping you go away.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Hmm... seemingly no life to speak to, no apparent issues beyond that this place is weird... I move to a nearby pool of magma and talk to it.

"Any self-aware beings over here?"
[1] Well, there's no response from the magma, but you think Luki might have attracted some attention...

Quote from: Nivm
Send to heart "My name is Malak, and I am a mage who works with polymorphic magic. I brought my little ship into the falling debri from the storm and began morphing the pieces into my ship, making it larger but also a mess. I designed the spell to keep the people separate from the ship, but that apparently did not keep them separate from each other. So, you would be an entire fleet-full of fused together people. Does anything hurt?" I polymorph a single scroll of paper off the ship.
[1] "Hurt? No. but something is... wrong. I can feel what must be this ship, but everything is too haphazard, not connected. I feel scrambled up, unable to move." [2] A bit worried by this news, you decide not to damage anything further and leave the ship alone, besides, this being is still confused, and once it sorts itself out, it would not be a good idea to make it mad.

Quote from: rolan7
Get out of the chariot, flick the switch, and test-fire at the mountains.
[6] Deciding that caution is for wimps, you flip the switch on your gun and fire at the nearest mountain. A thin beam of light shoots out of the barrel, the recoil pushes you into the ground, knocking the wind out of you and sending the gun spiraling several meters away. The beam at first appears to have had no effect... until you notice a small red spot visible where it impacted- the magma on the other side of the mountain. As far as you can tell, it melted straight through the mountain, making a hole all the way to the other side. This might be quite amazing, but at the moment you are more worried about the dark shapes emerging from the base of the mountain to examine the hole in their home, not to mention you think you broke your hand.
stunned/knocked over(no magic or combat actions next turn)
4th setting:laser- drains all available energy to create a very thin laser blast. extreme recoil.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: April 13, 2010, 05:20:28 pm »

Look for the police station and from there get as much information on those bloody elusive criminals as possible.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: April 13, 2010, 05:30:11 pm »

Is it appropriate for me to say...
"Hell yes!" :D

Alright, now we have some goals!  Survival, diplomacy, hand-healing, that sort of thing.

Hm... ooh, idea!  Ahaha I am a genius!

Recover my gun and try to locate a sharp piece of metal.  Preferably some sort of cutting blade from my toolbox, it doesn't need to be combat-worthy.

I hope we have a little time before those guys arrive, I suppose it might depend on the dice.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: April 13, 2010, 05:57:38 pm »

I have a feeling I may be needing that personal shield again if things go awry...

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: April 13, 2010, 07:04:39 pm »

Laser with recoil? That is very strange.

[ ] Telepathically send "Well, when you figure it out, let me know if you need any help." Then say to my shipmate "I looks like I made a mess, feel like looking around?". I then do a search for some paper and some snacks around our part of the ship, and if my mate is willing, go exploring.

Just to confirm, speech is a free action, and diplomacy isn't?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: April 13, 2010, 07:47:46 pm »

Laser with recoil? That is very strange.
Yes, yes it is. *continues to ignore reality* (more seriously, I already knew what the laser setting would do, I just couldn't think of a good drawback that also made scientific sense)

Just to confirm, speech is a free action, and diplomacy isn't?
Correct.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: April 13, 2010, 08:07:28 pm »

So it's more like an ion thruster with a ridiculously long, strait exhaust? Not perfect, but that would make more sense.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: April 13, 2010, 08:32:13 pm »

.. am i cheating???
eat/absorb their magic core/essence/what ever they use to be magical

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: April 13, 2010, 08:53:49 pm »

So it's more like an ion thruster with a ridiculously long, strait exhaust? Not perfect, but that would make more sense.
Yeah, some sort of high-energy particle beam would make more sense. Activate: Retcon!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: April 14, 2010, 09:43:05 am »

Yeah, some sort of high-energy particle beam would make more sense. Activate: Retcon!

Yay, that's even cooler!  Lasers were more ShadowDump's thing.

Also, wow, that's a lot of 6's stonemt.  As if you didn't notice (:
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: April 14, 2010, 07:19:58 pm »

Find the leader of the village and inquire about a reward for slaying the giant.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: April 16, 2010, 09:41:53 pm »

Hmm... I thought I was waiting on someone... who's missing?

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: April 16, 2010, 10:37:12 pm »

Diakron, I've messaged him twice now with no effect.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: April 16, 2010, 10:59:55 pm »

Hmm... he hasn't been online for the past few days, I'll do the turn tomorrow and AI him again. If he doesn't show up in time for the next turn after that I'll let someone on the waiting list in.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 111