Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88817 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 64: One giant leap for herokind)
« Reply #795 on: April 06, 2010, 04:35:22 pm »

Oooooh, magma.

Right, looks like the inside of *some* planet anyway.  Particularly if this truly is magma, and thus underground.

Those rocky islands look interesting!  How big are they, like town-sized or single-palm-tree sized or what?

I realize that magma, while very pretty, is also dangerous.  I again try to make the shields good at protecting us from fire.

I continue to stare at the beautiful magma oceans, searching for any imperfections that would indicate a point of interest.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 08:03:13 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: April 06, 2010, 04:39:58 pm »

I realize that magma, while very pretty, is also dangerous so I focus on making the shields resist fire.
Hmm... maybe you should re-word to say your making the shield yourself? Kinda summoning a cannon here...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: April 06, 2010, 04:44:57 pm »

I realize that magma, while very pretty, is also dangerous so I focus on making the shields resist fire.
Hmm... maybe you should re-word to say your making the shield yourself? Kinda summoning a cannon here...

Bam, edited!
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: April 06, 2010, 04:51:03 pm »

Those rocky islands look interesting!  How big are they, like town-sized or single-palm-tree sized or what?
You are inside a sphere that is quite easily the size of a planet, and you can still see them. They're pretty big.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: April 06, 2010, 05:09:31 pm »

Look for my Flail, sorrowfully and tears streaming down my face, with a sense of desperation.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: April 06, 2010, 05:48:36 pm »

Bam, edited!
Not to seem pressing but... It kinda amounts to the same thing now. >_>

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: April 06, 2010, 07:26:10 pm »

have a pep talk with the Dwarf and explain that the GCS is perfectly harmless... there is no need to run like elves everytime it attacks

then head of for a new world (one that is in progress would be nice) since i have been here for so long
Back to Mafia with me!

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: April 06, 2010, 09:32:54 pm »

...This is what happens when i don't solve things with lightning.

Look for a costume shop and get a police outfit.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: April 06, 2010, 10:23:44 pm »

Bam, edited!
Not to seem pressing but... It kinda amounts to the same thing now. >_>

Ah sorry, I reread your post a few times but couldn't really understand what you were asking for.  So I guessed.  What's the matter with enchanting the shields while you summon the cannon?
She/they

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: April 07, 2010, 01:15:29 am »

become a person i supose its the best course of action...

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: April 07, 2010, 02:07:42 am »

Ah sorry, I reread your post a few times but couldn't really understand what you were asking for.  So I guessed.  What's the matter with enchanting the shields while you summon the cannon?
Helps if the shields are there...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: April 07, 2010, 09:45:58 am »

Helps if the shields are there...

Oh, ok, I see now.  But I'm not trying to enchant the protective field (which I guess is off), I'm trying to improve the shield generator.  I'm an engineer, after all.  It might even be easier to work on the generator while it's not actively running.

(I realize I was vague before.  I didn't remember the shields were down, actually.)
She/they

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: April 07, 2010, 11:01:46 am »

... What Generator? :-X

I made those fields with raw arcane magic, there is nothing left of them after they shattered.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: April 07, 2010, 08:02:31 pm »

... What Generator? :-X

I made those fields with raw arcane magic, there is nothing left of them after they shattered.

Oh, my bad.  I thought they were a feature of the chariot, didn't read carefully enough.  Ok then!

I continue to stare at the beautiful magma oceans, searching for any imperfections that would indicate a point of interest.
She/they

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 65: evil rolls)
« Reply #809 on: April 08, 2010, 03:12:18 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Look for a costume shop and get a police outfit.
[5] You manage to find a shop selling various costumes, and select a police outfit. It takes some work to hide your electrical arm well inside it, and you have to make some minor modifications to make it look real, but you think it will work. After you pay for it of course... (paying is a free action, though you will need to trade something since you have no real money)

Quote from: Jervous
Look for my Flail, sorrowfully and tears streaming down my face, with a sense of desperation.
[6] "HeadShatter!!!" you scream, desperate to get you flail back! Disregarding all the laws of physics and even a few of magic, you brace yourself and throw the giant's corpse away from where it fell. You then run over and hug your flail... and then you collapse, having exerted more force than the human body was ever intended to.
many pulled muscles(you won't be going much of anywhere until this is fixed up)

Quote from: stonemt
become a person
[6] You try to reform your body, shrinking down faster and faster. Something is wrong though, and you can't seem to return to your original form. You have become something in the shape of your old body, but composed of pure magic and yet still physically real somehow. You feel as if some horrible, amazing luck has befallen you.(look at your rolls for the last 3 turns)
Magic form(???)

Quote from: Diakron
have a pep talk with the Dwarf and explain that the GCS is perfectly harmless... there is no need to run like elves everytime it attacks

then head of for a new world (one that is in progress would be nice) since i have been here for so long
[4] You talk to the dwarves, and manage to convince them that the GCS won't hurt them. Or at least, you manage to make them stop cowering in fear of it, they still don't trust that thing.

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Summon the cannon in the absolute center of the sphere. Then move to land somewhere, possibly civilized.
[6+1] You summon your cannon without any problems, placing it in the only spot that could be considered "orbital" in this place. Your chariot flies around a bit, and quickly reaches the nearest of the islands. There is no readily apparent life, but you can see several mountains with an unnatural spiral shape, leading up to giant plumes of smoke.

Quote from: Nivm
I take out my rune book and check the index for a spell of magic mapping, ask my crewmate if he can pilot this monstrosity to port, and send "Hello? You alright?" to the heart. All almost simultaneously.
(you couldn't really do all that at once if you hadn't gotten a 5)
[5] You scan your rune book find a rune that should do the job, place it on a piece of paper and it will map the entire area. While you were looking your crewmate was trying to figure out the controls on this thing and has come across a slight problem. Namely, the only control room appears to control only the small portion that is the original ship, and can't really move the whole thing around without tearing it apart. As all of this is happening, a part of your mind is detached, communicating with the heart. Soon after you get a response, "Hello? I... we... what am I? Many memories... but none mine. Many bodies... but I am greater. What has happened? Where is this?"

Quote from: rolan7
[2+1] I guess this spot SHAD0Wdump found is pretty interesting. Your task has been done for you!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 05:23:10 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 111