Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 111

Author Topic: Elemental RTD (turn 115: 5 down, 1 to go...)  (Read 88945 times)

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 57: The fight is over!)
« Reply #705 on: March 15, 2010, 02:42:15 pm »

Try to teleport using what I learned from whatshisface so long ago.

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: March 15, 2010, 03:25:49 pm »

comunicate with odd beings.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: March 17, 2010, 06:40:49 pm »

No turn til Friday. Working on a big English paper.

lets see if my imaginary counterpart can do that too
Huh? What imaginary counterpart?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: March 18, 2010, 08:03:12 am »

Setting unconscious compulsions and habits is something I can do in real life. Malak would be my imaginary counterpart. The brackets were supposed to help denote what level words they contained.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 08:06:58 am by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental RTD (turn 58:An elder elemental...)
« Reply #709 on: March 19, 2010, 07:13:22 pm »

Quote from: Flintus10
Explore the seven skies!
[3] You set off from the town, heading off toward... wait, where now? Your crew says that they have been following the trail of Deadbeard, the demon pirate(as mentioned a loooong time back) and they can either take you to continue after his trail, or fly to a larger town not too far off.

Quote from: Jervous
Try to teleport using what I learned from whatshisface so long ago.
[6] You try to recall the spell SHAD0Wdup tried to teach you, but you never really understood what he was saying in the first place. Instead you do this. And it works! ...sorta, the druids pulled you back through the portal before it was too late, and were even so disgusted at your pitiful attempts at teleporting that they teach you the basics. They also tell you to follow them back to their village for your reward.
novice arcane magic!

Quote from: stonemt
comunicate with odd beings.
[6] You coalesce a portion of your form into something closer to your original form, not solid, and it will fall apart soon, but you can use it to communicate. You approach one of the creatures and ask it's intentions. It ignores your question and instead begins to speak, with a slight hiss in it's voice. "ssss, another non-being. But thiss one isss different... You, creature! Are you responsible for thessse shadowsss, these pale imitationsss of that which we seek?"

Quote from: Diakron
ok now cause all the water to implode into 1 massive elemental
[6] You draw the strongest intelligence you can find from the plane of water and use the water filling the lower floor of the tower to give it a body. The elemental slowly rises up, throwing the collapsing tower(which was 5-6 stories tall) off of itself with almost no effort. It is soon much larger than the water you gave it could possibly be, as tall as the tower once was, maybe taller. It then speaks directly into your mind, "I thank you for giving me form in this plane mortal. I will be bound to none, but I will grant you one request before I go my own way. What do you seek?"
summoner(no epic fails)

Quote from: SHADOWdump
Wake up, save the tome of forbidden magic!
[1] Nope, still spinning around dangerously fast.

Quote from: Nivm
I keep the blessed coin outside of my main stack, and see if I can move the extremely malevolent coin with telekinesis. If so, raise it about 12m up and 3m right of the ship, then set a subconscious compulsion to hold it there so I can do other things [lets see if my imaginary counterpart can do that too]. If no, chuck the ring off the ship before the engines go out (mutated hand!).
[4] Your mental powers cannot be dampened so easily, and you quickly levitate the ring off of the ship, causing it to hover just out of range of it's abilities. The engines, which had just begun to sputter dangerously, return to their full intensity. [5] You are able to hold the ring in place with practically no effort, and after a few moments the task has been relegated entirely to your subconscious.
(mental powers like this do not receive exp due to being instinctive, and can only receive bonuses from artifacts, special training, magical mutations, etc.)

Quote from: rolan7
I recover the fire orb, and use it cremate JetSquirrel in an attempt to destroy his patron's claim on his soul.
I don't want to cremate the corpse until it's SHAD0Wdump loots it
The fire orb calls another hero forth from the material plane, this time a less volatile one: a human enchanter wearing a reinforced robe and carrying a strange-looking gun. The orb's power informs him of what's going on, so he is not at all fazed by the sudden teleportation.
[2] You would try to grab the orb that brought you here, but It doesn't look very safe to get near it...
Due to being new and having very limited abilities you receive 2 free 5's to be used whenever you want.(yes, I basically stole Multiworld's fate point system, but hey, it works)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 10:46:23 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: March 19, 2010, 08:12:55 pm »

Follow them back to their village.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: March 19, 2010, 08:20:53 pm »

Why do you guys keep saying orb? Don't you mean medallion? Or am I forgetting something?

[ ] I tell Flint 'I think I'm going to keep the ring'. I then go distribute the furniture around the ship, paying careful attention to how the weight affects the flight of the ship. I then telepathically ask if Erreti wants anything.

I don't recall wizards being anywhere around Jervous...do you mean druids? *Continues to nag.* And I thought I split the blessed coin out of the main stack, so I should have 449 gold pieces and a blessed one in status. We also apparently both made the typo of ring↔coin.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: March 19, 2010, 10:45:20 pm »

Why do you guys keep saying orb? Don't you mean medallion? Or am I forgetting something?

I don't recall wizards being anywhere around Jervous...do you mean druids? *Continues to nag.* And I thought I split the blessed coin out of the main stack, so I should have 449 gold pieces and a blessed one in status. We also apparently both made the typo of ring↔coin.
He said orb first, I just didn't think about it. Yeah, it's the fire medallion.
As for the rest, I'll fix the typos in a second.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: March 20, 2010, 07:27:55 am »

Head to town, I'd like to get a bigger and better equipped crew. (I need more people to whip!)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: March 20, 2010, 11:14:04 am »

Heh, picking up of object fail.  Well, that gives me an idea.

Combine the fire medallion with my gun, to harness it's dangerous power.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: March 20, 2010, 04:21:57 pm »

Well drat... Erm...

Give in, dream about unicorns ramming their horns into Abbadon. While on fire. And farting lightning.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 21, 2010, 02:25:45 pm »

Still waiting on Stonemt and Diakron.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: March 21, 2010, 05:07:18 pm »

Sorry, I usually send everyone messages when I think they're late, but I seem to have missed doing so this time. Seems Stone hasn't logged on in a while though.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: March 22, 2010, 11:13:49 am »

wish for... hmm... Lordship over anything that dwells in or is made of water

Back to Mafia with me!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: March 22, 2010, 02:46:46 pm »

It appears Stonemt has been gone for quite a while, so I'll get to work on the turn sometime today. He can just sorta sit there in stasis until he gets back.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 111