Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: Toon Mafia IV - Day 3 - Too Hell With It - GAME OVER  (Read 33305 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia IV - Day 2 - Confusing? I THINK NOT (WELL, I DON'T KNOW REALLY!)
« Reply #180 on: October 11, 2009, 04:18:56 pm »

And it just said, at the start of the game, that I had a random ability - Unconvertible.  I know noone blocked me, it just said someone came to my room and buggered off when they realised I couldn't be converted.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 11, 2009, 06:46:02 pm »

Eduren: You really did jump, almost as badly as Diakron yesterday. Don't defend yourself, explain your reasoning.
I'm not being defensive!
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 11, 2009, 07:07:29 pm »

That's a lot of jumping around over what looks to me like some very shaky groundwork.

Do we know that it was Leafsnail that prevented the conversion, rather than something else (a cult-specific blocker, a roleblocker that prevents any night action from working, etc.)?

Do we know that Leafsnail was even an attempted conversion last night? He might be a third-party conversion role, or scum in a group that contains conversion roles, and he's trying to deflect the hunt onto not-him. I'm not saying that I believe him to be that, just that it's a possibility that I haven't seen considered.

Mr.Person: What is this inside information of which you speak? How do you know that those are the only possibilities (as opposed to, say, a third party intervening)? I'd generally agree with your reasoning that it's likely heads of factions and possibly the mafia that's nonconvertible, but I'd contest the assumption that Tom Cruise is somehow immune to conversion and that the only sub-faction going around is the Anti Tom Cruise people. We've at least got Anti Tom Cruise and whoever is doing the conversions.

Eduren: You really did jump, almost as badly as Diakron yesterday. Don't defend yourself, explain your reasoning.

Pre-post edit:
Leafsnail, are we supposed to just take you at your word that you've got special conversion-immunity, if you aren't Tom Cruise or ATC?

It's also perfectly possible to give mafia other win conditions: Lynchers and Usurpers, for example. You just can't let them win with the town.

Alright, then. Unvote and vote RedWarrior. He's Tom Cruise, I know this for a fact. I was a member of his silly little cult, but I got converted away last night. Meanwhile, he attempted to convert Leafsnail. I've been trying to decide how many people are anti-Tom Cruise, if the mafia is anti-Tom Cruise, how much of the town is pro-Tom Cruise, what'll happen if he gets lynched, ect ect. In any case, my new win con is him being dead. If we don't lynch him tonight, he'll convert somebody else and all kinds of crap will happen. I wanted a mafia role-flip to maybe see if they were anti-Tom Cruise, but fuck it. He needs to be dead so I want him dead. Best part? If he's not Tom Cruise, you guys can feel free to lynch me, ok?

Sorry RedWarrior, but that's what happened. And I was gonna have fun claiming scum at lylo just to try and get lynched, too!
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 11, 2009, 07:09:28 pm »

If RedWarrior0 is capable of converting people, best he gets beaten down now.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 11, 2009, 07:13:40 pm »

Unvote

Redwarrior

For the same reasons.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 11, 2009, 08:18:21 pm »

Stuffs
Oh, the WIFOM...
You see, why would Toony put in a role so broken that now the scum is screwed? How do we know that M.P isn't in a scumteam with two other people (1/4 of 12) who wants town to go on a bandwagon against another townie? Just because he claims that he used to be a Tom Cruise fan but isn't now doesn't mean that he got converted. Picture this: Three scum, M.P, Pandar, and eduren (they hopped on my bandwagon within 7 minutes) are Tom Cruise and fans. M.P claims Converted TCF on day2 and claims I'm Tom Cruise. Then, let's focus on this:
And I was gonna have fun claiming scum at lylo just to try and get lynched, too!
Subtle hint on his role, perhaps? Once I flip town in the morning, he gets lynched so whatever his ability is can kick in.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 11, 2009, 08:35:35 pm »

If I'm scum, then why aren't you voting me?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 11, 2009, 08:37:25 pm »

You and Pandar were two purely hypothetical names. I just chose you because you two hopped on so quickly.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 11, 2009, 08:48:16 pm »

A likely story.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 11, 2009, 08:59:43 pm »

He needs to be dead so I want him dead. Best part? If he's not Tom Cruise, you guys can feel free to lynch me, ok?

No scum would make this bet.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 11, 2009, 09:05:23 pm »

He needs to be dead so I want him dead. Best part? If he's not Tom Cruise, you guys can feel free to lynch me, ok?

This:
And I was gonna have fun claiming scum at lylo just to try and get lynched, too!
implies that he knew something about a scum role that activated on death. I mean, why the hell would scum claim at lylo?

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 11, 2009, 09:09:30 pm »

Why are you defending him Pandarsenic?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 11, 2009, 09:22:51 pm »

This:
implies that he knew something about a scum role that activated on death. I mean, why the hell would scum claim at lylo?

It's more of a matter of, at lylo, as long as the cult leader isn't lynched, the entire cult wins.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 11, 2009, 09:53:15 pm »

RedWarrior0. I am a member of the Anti-Tom Cruise group. I do not know my teammates. As my previous teammate flipped as town, you can trust me to be town (or a mafia claiming Anti-Tom Cruise to get onto a bandwagon and portray self as a town).
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 11, 2009, 10:02:06 pm »

Redwarrior i converted Mr. P last night :P
Back to Mafia with me!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19