Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19

Author Topic: Toon Mafia IV - Day 3 - Too Hell With It - GAME OVER  (Read 33325 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia IV - Day 2 - Confusing? I THINK NOT (WELL, I DON'T KNOW REALLY!)
« Reply #165 on: October 11, 2009, 02:13:18 pm »

Bandwagonning without anything new to add is the oldest scumtell in the book, Eduren.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 11, 2009, 02:14:11 pm »

No its not.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 11, 2009, 02:14:49 pm »

No its not.

Hahaha.  Bandwagoning for no reason + jumping a foot when I threaten to vote you, however...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 11, 2009, 02:16:27 pm »

Wow. I try to be a good townie and vote who I think is suspicious. Then I get berated. I try to defend myself, and I get berated some more.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 11, 2009, 02:19:34 pm »

Wow. I try to be a good townie and vote who I think is suspicious. Then I get berated. I try to defend myself, and I get berated some more.

... You call this berating?  Wow.  I poked you.  There was no yelling or insults.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 11, 2009, 02:24:25 pm »

Well that poke really hurt.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 11, 2009, 02:38:44 pm »

Alright, look. I really want to see a mafia roleflip. Leafsnail would work, and the odds really do say he's probably scum. On the other hand, I must say, Eduren just bandwagon'd without explaining himself, which is about the most anti-town thing a person can do. You have to explain why you're voting me.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 11, 2009, 02:41:28 pm »

Mr.Person, my vote remains on you until you explain why having a conversion resistant ability makes me "most likely scum".  Don't scum normally kill their converter, anyway?

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 11, 2009, 03:00:23 pm »

Alright, look. I really want to see a mafia roleflip. Leafsnail would work, and the odds really do say he's probably scum. On the other hand, I must say, Eduren just bandwagon'd without explaining himself, which is about the most anti-town thing a person can do. You have to explain why you're voting me.
You were being suspicious.

*cough*OMGUS*cough*

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 11, 2009, 03:13:11 pm »

Mr.Person, my vote remains on you until you explain why having a conversion resistant ability makes me "most likely scum".  Don't scum normally kill their converter, anyway?

I already said it, you're either Tom Cruise or head of the anti-Tom Cruise faction. If neither of those groups are the mafia, then I'd bet you the mafia is unconvertable.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 11, 2009, 03:32:48 pm »

We know the ATC isn't mafia, since Archangel flipped town.  And, as I said, it was an ability randomly granted to me.  I am not Tom Cruise or in the anti-Tom Cruise faction.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 11, 2009, 03:35:03 pm »

We know the ATC isn't mafia, since Archangel flipped town.  And, as I said, it was an ability randomly granted to me.  I am not Tom Cruise or in the anti-Tom Cruise faction.

Or maybe the ATC is spread across both scum and town.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 11, 2009, 03:37:37 pm »

The mafia never have secondary win conditions, do they?  Otherwise they could just claim, out their scum partners and everyone wins.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 11, 2009, 04:08:58 pm »

That's a lot of jumping around over what looks to me like some very shaky groundwork.

Do we know that it was Leafsnail that prevented the conversion, rather than something else (a cult-specific blocker, a roleblocker that prevents any night action from working, etc.)?

Do we know that Leafsnail was even an attempted conversion last night? He might be a third-party conversion role, or scum in a group that contains conversion roles, and he's trying to deflect the hunt onto not-him. I'm not saying that I believe him to be that, just that it's a possibility that I haven't seen considered.

Mr.Person: What is this inside information of which you speak? How do you know that those are the only possibilities (as opposed to, say, a third party intervening)? I'd generally agree with your reasoning that it's likely heads of factions and possibly the mafia that's nonconvertible, but I'd contest the assumption that Tom Cruise is somehow immune to conversion and that the only sub-faction going around is the Anti Tom Cruise people. We've at least got Anti Tom Cruise and whoever is doing the conversions.

Eduren: You really did jump, almost as badly as Diakron yesterday. Don't defend yourself, explain your reasoning.

Pre-post edit:
Leafsnail, are we supposed to just take you at your word that you've got special conversion-immunity, if you aren't Tom Cruise or ATC?

It's also perfectly possible to give mafia other win conditions: Lynchers and Usurpers, for example. You just can't let them win with the town.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 11, 2009, 04:17:34 pm »

But the game doesn't end with a lyncher winning.  So if a mafia was a lyncher, he could say:

"Lynch dude x and I'll tell you who my scumbuddies are"

Town wins, and the mafia guy wins.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19