Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13323 13324 [13325]

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15722185 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #199860 on: September 18, 2024, 03:46:42 am »

Getting a good grasp on driving a car. Got all the controls down. It is all about smoothing what I know now.

Man, I am actually driving a car! Decently too!

It's great isn't it? I went from having no driver's license and being terrified two years ago to confident and loving it. I've got two cars and do go karting as a hobby sometimes :>

It was less scary and more stressful at first, but I am tolf that I learned it all quickly.

I will enter the actual driving exam this weekend. There is a course with parking exercises, on a path that is a crowded public road. It is not hard, per se, but it is a bit stressful.

The requirements are strict. If you forget one signal, or even touch the lines or cones while parking, you don't pass and have to do the entire thing all over again. Not to mention you have to finish the entire course within 30 minutes, under constant supervision from your mentor and an inspector sent by the state...

Yeah. They take no bullshit.
Damn that's way more strict than the one I took, I had some leeway when it came the lines and stop signs, the only thing that would have failed me instantly would have been hitting something.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199861 on: September 18, 2024, 09:25:04 am »

Damn that's way more strict than the one I took, I had some leeway when it came the lines and stop signs, the only thing that would have failed me instantly would have been hitting something.

We turks are an... accident-prone people. Driving like you own the road is way too common here. So I understand the strictness. They are trying make the trial as decisive as possible to weed out any idiots who would drive like hooligans and crash their car in a week. The exam doesn't really prevents it, but it certainly helps.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199862 on: September 18, 2024, 06:15:21 pm »

Uni room's boiling, don't know why but something under my floor is warm enough to make it feel like I've got underfloor heating in a couple spots that I can't turn off.

This is a problem right now, but during the winter it'll be nice. Also the window is right next to the head of the bed, and I can sleep with a breeze blowing over my face.

EDIT: I don't think I realised it at the time, but summer felt like a hibernation for me. I had nothing to do and no direction, and while that was nice for a bit while I recovered from second year, I think it started to grate on me some as it went on. I'm in a fantastic mood since I got back to university, and I think it's that I'm starting to do actual work again.
« Last Edit: Today at 09:45:42 am by Great Order »
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears
Pages: 1 ... 13323 13324 [13325]