Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13274 13275 [13276] 13277 13278 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15906160 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #199125 on: August 23, 2023, 04:12:06 pm »

Give snack to arachnae friend. Is kindness, yes yes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #199126 on: August 24, 2023, 02:57:43 am »

Tried to remove a cranefly from my room. Almost got it to the window and it escaped up the side of the shutter, straight into a spider's web. With a spider.

Now, being endlessly fascinated by the natural world (And hating daddy long legs, they're just way too gangly for me to like them), I'm kinda pleased at having a mini nature documentary play out in front of my eyes.
Valid!  You tried to do the gentle thing.  There's no harm in beholding nature, red in tooth and claw.  It's probably even wise to acknowledge it.

It's also good to be gentle like you did.  I've been discussing morality with a friend, and I think we agree that performing kindness for lesser creatures is a good habit that builds a healthier psyche.

Except ticks
Love, scriver~

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199127 on: August 24, 2023, 04:29:00 am »

I'm assuming the gentle approach to bugs is to hit them with something soft rather than a hammer.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199128 on: August 24, 2023, 09:52:29 am »

Tried to remove a cranefly from my room. Almost got it to the window and it escaped up the side of the shutter, straight into a spider's web. With a spider.

Now, being endlessly fascinated by the natural world (And hating daddy long legs, they're just way too gangly for me to like them), I'm kinda pleased at having a mini nature documentary play out in front of my eyes.
Valid!  You tried to do the gentle thing.  There's no harm in beholding nature, red in tooth and claw.  It's probably even wise to acknowledge it.

It's also good to be gentle like you did.  I've been discussing morality with a friend, and I think we agree that performing kindness for lesser creatures is a good habit that builds a healthier psyche.

Except ticks
Toilet or fireplace if it's on for them, shoving them outside is asking for them to bite you when you next go out and brush up on any grass. It's especially unpleasant for me since I'm mildly allergic to them and their bites itch for a month after they're removed.

EDIT: I think I've finally decided on the theme/style of tattoo I'd be after.

I find evolution very interesting, so an ancient, extinct animal would probably do it. I'll need to look up what I'd like, but I've got a great, hefty and, importantly, illustrated book on evolutionary history (Called Evolution: The Whole Story if anyone's interested). And I've absolutely fallen in love with watercolour styling.

It took me years, but I've arrived at it. Now it's just specifics.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 06:22:04 pm by Great Order »
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #199129 on: August 25, 2023, 07:42:23 am »

Commit to the bit, go with Perucetus. Water critter for your water colors!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #199130 on: August 26, 2023, 09:38:29 am »

nah nah if you're getting bit it was probably a mosquito

Lab results came in, I'm officially sterile! There's no pow in my kachow and that's a big relief.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199131 on: August 26, 2023, 05:19:45 pm »

Saw a video of a kitten with a little cast on its leg kneading away happily.

I don't know if the hormones are doing something funny to me, but Christ alive I actually squeaked seeing it.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #199132 on: August 26, 2023, 06:27:43 pm »

Kittens are cute.  Sometimes I dont realize what a crappy mood Im in until something small like that gets to me.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199133 on: August 26, 2023, 07:13:51 pm »

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199134 on: August 26, 2023, 07:27:37 pm »

I went swimming

Public lake (though $7 parking, blech).  Pretty crowded because of course I gathered my courage and whim on a Saturday.  But I went out there and... swam!

Mostly waded and floated (I'm so much less buoyant than I remember... less fat) and paddled ineffectually.  Eventually went under, then went under for a flip which gave me that *wonderful* butterflies feeling I'd missed so much.

I rediscovered this really strange effect where if I dip the back of my head into the water, I hear this high pitched tingly hum.  I don't think it's my ears.  I think it used to happen even when the back of my head was buzzed short (booo).  It was oddly comforting, like a carrier wave for some pleasant nostalgia...

Reminded me of the dream where I am an angel and I "see" with my hair

Didn't really have a plan.  Watched people, mainly watched the boaters out beyond the perimeter.  I was a bit overdressed, for obvious reasons, but that doubled as sun protection and I was mostly immersed anyway.  The heat and harsh sun dried my clothes FAST when I got out.  I sat on the beach and texted some friends happy feelings, then relocated into shade and watched the sun get lower.

I certainly still felt out of place among so many young people, but it was fine.  I really needed it.  was a lot more tolerable than a swimming pool, that's for sure.
I keep imagining going in a proper swimsuit, but... I don't want to do that alone.  which means its not happening anytime soon.
But that's okay~  The whole-body workout was a great start.  I feel happier and more confident, and really really needed this.  I hadn't been immersed for any reason for 2 years, and I was getting obsessed about that.

(definitely going on a weekday next time, and maybe somewhere that doesn't charge so much)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #199135 on: August 27, 2023, 02:14:32 pm »

The one time I went swimming without sunblock there was a solar flare on that day

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199136 on: August 27, 2023, 03:28:04 pm »

The one time I went swimming without sunblock there was a solar flare on that day

What happened after? Did you die?
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #199137 on: August 27, 2023, 06:19:56 pm »

What happened after? Did you die?
I looked like a dark souls character

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199138 on: August 28, 2023, 04:32:05 am »

Pretty sure that's how people turn into living beef jerky.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199139 on: August 28, 2023, 07:44:38 am »

We are going on a picnic today, with family friends we haven't seen in years. This is going to be great!

We are going to an old growth forest. It looks just like my homeland.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!
Pages: 1 ... 13274 13275 [13276] 13277 13278 ... 13327