Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13263 13264 [13265] 13266 13267 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15904218 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #198960 on: June 27, 2023, 08:11:04 pm »

Most of my immediate family has tats of some sort or another, and for what it's worth, they all recommend starting with something easy to conceal. The stigma regarding tats isn't nearly as bad as it used to be, but it's still not a bad idea to not have them super visible unless you're really comfortable in terms of potential social or financial issues that can arise from having one (especially a bigger one) out like that.

I've occasionally had the thought myself (again, most of my close-ish family does have at least a small one, usually some sort of bird, so...), but I decided a while back I'm not going to do it unless I go hard, majority of body type deal, and I'm definitely not in a position to afford that on any number of levels, heh.

... one of these days I am going to look up laws on vehicle painting, though. I'd love to turn my ride into a purple zen tangle, but I'm not 100% sure it'd be legal, just due to how distracting that sort of patterning can be.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198961 on: June 28, 2023, 02:54:55 am »

... one of these days I am going to look up laws on vehicle painting, though. I'd love to turn my ride into a purple zen tangle, but I'm not 100% sure it'd be legal, just due to how distracting that sort of patterning can be.
I've been all over and I've seen cars painted all kinds of weird colours so I'm doubting there are any laws against painting your car any colour you want.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #198962 on: June 28, 2023, 09:26:29 am »

It's not the color that's the primary concern, it's the pattern. Tangles can be borderline or outright hypnotic to look at, and I've never actually seen a vehicle on the road with anything that looks like one, even among pretty wildly painted stuff. It's enough to make me at least mildly concerned there's actual legislation against it.
Ask not!
Ask!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #198963 on: June 28, 2023, 10:12:01 am »

I feel like if you're worried about legislation, then you know it's potentially dangerous - and therefore probably shouldn't do it.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #198964 on: June 28, 2023, 10:29:24 am »

just imagining what the best design for urban vehicular darwinian self-defence is. Naval dazzle? Hypnotic spirals? Pure polished high-reflection mirrored surface?

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198965 on: June 28, 2023, 11:12:41 am »

Navel dazzle, loads of black and white zig-zaggy bellybuttons.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #198966 on: June 28, 2023, 11:17:21 am »

I feel like if you're worried about legislation, then you know it's potentially dangerous - and therefore probably shouldn't do it.
I'm not actually sure it is, because again, I've never seen it at that scale and in motion (probably mostly just because most folks are entirely too fond of silly things like symmetry and aesthetic cohesion, which is not on the table when you're talking basically random walking lines of inconsistent width across a car :V). Part of looking into it would be checking to see if it's actually enough of a concern it's come up somewhere. It may be that it's not actually meaningfully impactful in the specific use case being considered, in which case it'd just be a pattern I'm really fond of rather than a potential driving hazard, heh.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 11:19:37 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198967 on: June 29, 2023, 03:56:13 am »

It's not the color that's the primary concern, it's the pattern. Tangles can be borderline or outright hypnotic to look at, and I've never actually seen a vehicle on the road with anything that looks like one, even among pretty wildly painted stuff. It's enough to make me at least mildly concerned there's actual legislation against it.
Guess I haven't been looking at the right kinds of tangles as I I've yet to be hypnotized.

Also I doubt there's legislation against it as making legislation is work and as far as I'm aware that's not something legislators like to do.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198968 on: June 29, 2023, 08:13:57 pm »

Just saw a super-short bit from the Back to the Future dvd extras, where for some 30 precious seconds Marty McFly is Mexican and keeps calling his mother a bitch. It's the most hilarious thing I've seen in a while.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198969 on: June 30, 2023, 04:20:03 am »

They multithreaded DF. Huh. Where are the flying pigs?
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #198970 on: June 30, 2023, 04:43:27 am »

There aren't any yet, just pigs standing on the minecart tracks.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #198971 on: June 30, 2023, 04:53:38 am »

Well then, load em up into the minecarts and prepare the shotgun.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198972 on: June 30, 2023, 05:20:14 am »

I finally got it in me to revisit the game The Witness and finish up the last few puzzles that I've left abandoned for the better part of two years now. I don't know why, I just got up to the last couple puzzles, and then put the game down, and then just decided to... not finish it? Honestly, it's been in the back of my mind, as just another example of why I'm a noncommittal, lazy, stupid prick; but I jumped back into the game and managed to remember the game mechanics and finished out the last few puzzles. I'm glad I did, the game is beautiful, the puzzles are beautiful, and the solutions to those puzzles are beautiful once you've reasoned them out. It really didn't deserve to be so callously placed on the backburner. I'm sure there are many secrets to the game I've not discovered, but I finally got the denouement that my subconscious has been craving for years now, and that's all that matters.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #198973 on: June 30, 2023, 03:25:55 pm »

Twitter's blocking unregistered users.

Yay, because it will burn down Twitter faster.

Boo, because a lot of content creators probably don't have widely-known alternative channels to which they can push updates.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198974 on: June 30, 2023, 04:20:29 pm »

Turn Twitter into an even worse cesspit any% speedrun
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears
Pages: 1 ... 13263 13264 [13265] 13266 13267 ... 13327