Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13257 13258 [13259] 13260 13261 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15902955 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #198870 on: May 17, 2023, 05:03:04 pm »

Awh, Mr. Rich Dumbfuck can't fuck over his shareholders with his big stupid mouth, boo hoo.  :D
..I pity his legal team though, but I guess they're decently compensated.
There's been at least one lawsuit from the legal teams involved with him and twitter over not being paid for services rendered, heh. Some of his legal teams might be decently compensated, but there's no guarantee of it.
I assume he stops paying them after he fires them for denying him from posting whatever he wants....

I was thinking about the Hobbs Choice of the Attorney assigned to approve his tweets. They allow him to do what he wants, or they get fired. They let him post something that hurts Tesla, then they get fired. Presumably, the large firm burns through a ton of junior attorneys until Mr. suxs gets fed up and fires the entire firm, or the firm dumps Tesla to salvage what is left of their credibility.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198871 on: May 21, 2023, 06:54:47 pm »

I'm feeling sleepy rather than tired.

Very different to me, tired is just usual not having enough sleep, sleepy is where you crawl into bed, get under the quilt and feel super comfy.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198872 on: May 21, 2023, 08:01:37 pm »

I got correctly gendered

Obviously that's happened a lot of times, but lemme explain:
After 3 hours of hiking and jogging in the sun, in long cargo pants and with my hair up, only a quick smudge of concealer, I went to pick up some Low Budget Tex-mex and the clerk was confused because it was in my legal name

And he went back and asked about the order "she" (I) was picking up for [legal name]

Like... it kinda took me by surprise, is all.  I hadn't really been trying today.  I thought I looked androgynous at best.  I had given up on makeup for a couple weeks, and spent a lot of time with my dad who insists I'm a guy, and...  I guess... I guess this is working, actually?  Huh

Anyway it was a good day and I got some much needed sun on my shoulders.  I tied my tail up high, maybe that was part of it?  Surely it wasn't my... huh.  This sports bra used to flatten my chest, but now there's definitely a modest curve despite it.  huh.  This top isn't even that tight.

I also saw a Pokemon GO player I met at a tournament last week.  I guess- I didn't recognize his face, but he recognized me, despite having my hair up this time.  Have I gotten *worse* at remembering faces?  Anyway, he was nice and made sure I got a reward code for today's event.  And he only knows me by my real name, not my legal one.  I like that

This was a very nice day
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #198873 on: May 24, 2023, 09:37:06 pm »

Happy thread on page 2 of GD, does nobody have anything to be happy about? :o

MGS3 is getting a re… master? Apparently it’ll keep all the original stuff in terms of dialogue and presumably cast? Not sure what to feel about it really since Kojima is gone and it is both a cash grab and Congo uteri on if a continuation of the general trend in gaming to re-release popular old stuff instead of do new stuff.

The original is most assuredly top two of my best games list, so yeah, looking forward to it being on modern systems, and dreading what Konami do with it. They used to make such good games…
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198874 on: May 25, 2023, 01:52:23 am »

a continuation of the general trend in gaming to re-release popular old stuff instead of do new stuff.
I've noticed that trend in movies as well, it's like no one can come up with anything new anymore so they just remake something that was popular to try and get even more money from it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #198875 on: May 25, 2023, 02:00:48 am »

Its that last part thats probably most important; milking old IPs and maintaining copyrights. There are plenty of creative people out there, but publishers want to keep remaking what currently makes money, not create new content.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #198876 on: May 25, 2023, 07:11:47 am »

a continuation of the general trend in gaming to re-release popular old stuff instead of do new stuff.
I've noticed that trend in movies as well, it's like no one can come up with anything new anymore so they just remake something that was popular to try and get even more money from it.

It's 'lol let's modernise it' and extend the copyright.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #198877 on: May 25, 2023, 08:30:34 am »

I've been sleep-deprived for the last week, as I tend to be in this time of the year, in this part of the country, located entirely within my kitchen, because the sun doesn't have the sense of going up in the evening, and up in the morning. Both those happen at the middle of the night. But this morning I finally woke up feeling rested. I bought an eye mask, and it turns out going to bed before dawn midnight also helps.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198878 on: May 25, 2023, 10:09:13 am »

I don't have an eyemask, but I got like these scarf/beanie textile tubes, couldn't get enough rest without that.
let

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #198879 on: May 25, 2023, 10:26:09 am »

I got one of these things. It's like a face mask, but softer than most and actually stays on your friggin' skull and warms your ears up t'boot.

Then I stick gun range earmuffs over them (the over part is important, makes it more comfortable to sleep with the hearing protection on), so it's quieter, too. Hard to sleep without either, these days...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198880 on: May 25, 2023, 12:25:57 pm »

Your poor neck. Oh I also use mine to keep my forehead hot when I have headaches, cold air on the forefront will give me headaches on a good day...
let

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #198881 on: May 25, 2023, 01:30:06 pm »

... neck? It doesn't effect the neck any, 'cept maybe a little if I'm laying on my side and that can be mitigated by pillows and whatnot.
Ask not!
Ask!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198882 on: May 25, 2023, 01:45:06 pm »

Mitigation? How can one man wield such power, teach me senpai. All I know is pillows that are too high, and pillows that create a moat for my head to sink in.
let

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198883 on: May 25, 2023, 02:09:34 pm »

Going to be off down to London to meet some friends for the weekend tomorrow.

Might also see about getting some women's clothes that aren't just underwear. Even if I don't wear them, just having them as something to look forwards to would be nice.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #198884 on: May 25, 2023, 02:54:12 pm »

Mitigation? How can one man wield such power, teach me senpai. All I know is pillows that are too high, and pillows that create a moat for my head to sink in.
The trick is to not just use pillows. The other part of effective bedding support infrastructure is blankets(/sheets/comforters/whatever blanket like constructs you prefer), which you can much more easily adjust the shape of to fit whatever need you happen to have.

Also helps to not use just one sort of pillow. My current nest has feather, foam, and more standard pillow filling, too, multiple of one or two of those sorts, but all in fairly substantially different shapes -- none of the pillows have the same sort of thickness/support/etc. Head/neck/back support isn't a static puzzle best solved with sort of piece! You're better off having as many puzzle pieces as you need to fit your particular situation, which changes from day to day.

In my particular case right now, I think I've got like... six pillows and about the same number of blanket/sheet/etcs. (one of which is weighted, but I mostly just use that as somewhere for the pets to lay that isn't the bedding I actually use for much). Only one of the blankets is generally used for warmth (I'm in frikkin' florida and it's approaching summer, more ain't needed), the rest is propping up feet or neck or arms or whatever, it all gets moved around as I do.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 13257 13258 [13259] 13260 13261 ... 13327